Sign in to follow this  
TurbofanDude

Panel freeze - WE KNOW THE REASON

Hello PMDG fans, I recently experienced a panel freeze, and so did my friend. We were using the same variant, same paint, same OS, same FSX. We were both connected to VATSIM on Squawkbox (will all inside windows disabled, no transponder, etc). When his froze, he as always had no control, and he closed squawkbox. Then, like magic his panel sprung back to life. So PMDG, this would explain why only some users are having the issue sometime, it is based on an external addons, NOT PMDG's variables. So, the Hotfix should be directed toward compatibility (at least in my case, I do not speak for everyone, I speak for people with my setup and same issue). At PMDG: please pin this, I think it can help. My System:Windows 7 x64Intel i7 950Nvidia GTX 4708GB DDR3 RAM

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website

My FSX is bone stock, with zero add-ons except for FSUIPC (not my primary sim by a LONG shot), and I get the freeze. So I don't think it's really related to external modules, and if it is, it's FSUIPC. Because I literally have nothing installed, no scenery, no modules, no FSINN, no other aircraft. I installed FSX for the sole purpose of trying the NGX. Regards,Andrew ReynoldsDispatcher

Hello PMDG fans, I recently experienced a panel freeze, and so did my friend. We were using the same variant, same paint, same OS, same FSX. We were both connected to VATSIM on Squawkbox (will all inside windows disabled, no transponder, etc). When his froze, he as always had no control, and he closed squawkbox. Then, like magic his panel sprung back to life. So PMDG, this would explain why only some users are having the issue sometime, it is based on an external addons, NOT PMDG's variables. So, the Hotfix should be directed toward compatibility (at least in my case, I do not speak for everyone, I speak for people with my setup and same issue). At PMDG: please pin this, I think it can help. My System:Windows 7 x64Intel i7 950Nvidia GTX 4708GB DDR3 RAM
I am the friend. I would like to add some details: His occured upon landing at PAPGI was waiting on the tarmac for him to land and my panel freeze occuredI did close Squwkbox and my panel worked as normal My system is very similar to his: Windows 7 x64Intel i7 950 3.07 GHZNvidia GTX 47012GB DDR3 RAM

Wish it were something that simple, and I appreciate you guys letting us know what worked for you.. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be fix we're all looking for. My hope is that we give PMDG enough FREEZE TEST REPORTS that they can track the bug down reasonably fast, and squish that little sucker! Until then I've been going on shorter flights as it's quite frustrating to be 3 hours in on approach and have it freeze up right before touch down.

No Squawkbox here either. In fact I have never flown on VATSIM or IVAO in my life. The freeze only happened to me once, though. Today's three flights, during daytime and at night, went fine without a hitch. It could be a Simconnect issue though, if Squawkbox uses that. I had REX running when the freeze occured to me and as far as I know it also uses Simconnect to inject the weather into FSX.

AHAA never thought of closing squawkbox! I didnt see this before posting the freeze issue in another thread. This just happened to occur every time i was doing online flights. I'l see if i can recreate freeze again with squawkbox and see if it helps when i subsequently close it! thanks for this! -Mikhail Mannetti

Don't have, and have never had Squawkbox, and I've had three freeze ups. I'm sure the boys at PMDG will get to the bottom of this. Just flew a 2.5 hour flight with no issues what so ever. I did use the CDU and did a full flight plan including SID/STAR, waypoint and airways, but I avoided touching the LEGS page on the CDU as I've seen it somehow contribute to the lock up twice now.

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

Thanks for your help TurbofanDude. Unfortunately I just had another panel freeze going into PAJN. I appreciate your advice from last time but it unfortunately did not work this time. Regards