Sign in to follow this  
TurbofanDude

Panel freeze - WE KNOW THE REASON

I'd be happier if it wasn't for the fact that FSX here is pretty much void of anything resembling add-on software. I only have a few aircraft and a couple of scenery (not loaded). No FSUIPC etc... Best regards,Robin.

Alright folks, I do apologize for jumping the gun quite a bit here, however, I will continue to do my own research as much as possible. Thank you to hp500 for his idea, as it has inspired me to research ANY external input as a source for freezes. HP, can you send me your FSUIPC.ini?

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website

Alright folks, I do apologize for jumping the gun quite a bit here, however, I will continue to do my own research as much as possible. Thank you to hp500 for his idea, as it has inspired me to research ANY external input as a source for freezes. HP, can you send me your FSUIPC.ini?
Next time you have a lockup check to see if there is an autoupdate process going on in the task manager, I had this problem months ago when nvdia added this feature to there driver suit, of course if ati guys are having lockups aswell you can pitch that theory out the window aswell.

These issues are much more complex than one thing like this - we're working on it and we think we have a handle on how most of them are happening. We're expecting a test hotfix late tonight or tomorrow for the freeze stuff.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I don't freeze on FSInn at all whatsoever so there may be something to this here. Lots of trial and error, we'll get there. Thanks for your input though Collin! -Joseph

I was flying my on my friend's set up and after i pressed P to pause the sim......the plane froze.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

The few panel freezes and out of memory issues I had came when I started FSX after running other programs such as internet browser, office applications, games, etc. I don't have any issues at all when I start FSX right after a fresh reboot.

AMD 7900X  |  ASRock Steel Legend X670E  |  G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 6000  |  MSI 6950XT  |  Noctua NH-D14  

EVGA Super NOVA 850W  |  Cooler Master HAF932  |  Hisense 43" 4K UHD  |  Win11

I get at least half a dozen or more freezes per flight depending on how many hours the flight is. But it always goes back to normal without doing anything. I use ASE, FSINN, GEX, REX, UTX, FS Global 2010, and Payware airports. When the freeze happens I just leave it alone dont touch a thing, and then it goes back to normal after 3 or 4 seconds.

I'm about to file a support ticket as it happened to me on the ground at LOWI. I Alt-Entered out of full screen and then back and it was fixed, but I'm not going to do that for a $70 aircraft.Sigh.gif I can replicate the problem every time when I set it up a certain way. Also I hope the title of this post is changed. rolleyes.gifWhat needs to be pinned is the current work around. ALT-Enter into windowed mode. Alt-Enter back and all is well until the next freeze.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I just got the panel freeze over the pacific ocean. I didn't touch the CDU but how I fixed it was to go to the external model then back to the vc.

Hmm, I've tried to alt enter with no success.. I'll certainly try again next time (although I really hope there wont be a next time ha) I'll also try going to the external model and back again. Sounds like the test hot-fix should be around anytime now, looking forward to testing that out! Thanks Ryan for the heads up.

Looking forward to the fix also. I get panel freeze with absolutely no addons/applets running.

I get some occasional freezes but cant pin them down to any one flight, scenery or addon. They just come at random even just shooting T and G's with nothing programmed into the FMC.I assume that when you guys say "panel freeze" your refering to the VC also not just flying using the 2D panels. I haven't even tried flying in 2D so I dont know what happens in it.Sena Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just got the freeze today. Was flying offline using FSX fair weather, no AI traffic, no AI ATC, no addon scenery (except for REX, UTX, and GEX...but those have about 0.0005% relation to the freeze in my opinion), no external weather generators. Just me, the NGX, my VA's ACARs program (was doing a checkride offline), and the Saitek profiles + FPS Limiter I run in the background.Fortunately it happened after I landed at my destination and had already taxied off the runway.All my controls locked up. Couldn't move the rudder, ailerons, elevator, flaps, or spoilers...but strangely my toe brakes still worked on my pedals.Good thing too because the plane immediately wanted to steer to the left.Cockpit didn't respond to anything at all, no switches or knobs. It has to be something with the actual plane. I was flying bare bones.Unfortunately I couldn't submit a ticket because the support site was down when I tried it.

I'm about to file a support ticket as it happened to me on the ground at LOWI. I Alt-Entered out of full screen and then back and it was fixed, but I'm not going to do that for a $70 aircraft.Sigh.gif I can replicate the problem every time when I set it up a certain way. Also I hope the title of this post is changed. rolleyes.gifWhat needs to be pinned is the current work around. ALT-Enter into windowed mode. Alt-Enter back and all is well until the next freeze.
Well, that is strange. I don't have a freeze problem, but I can't use alt+enter anymore. if I want to use it to go to full screen the screen goes black. Alt+enter again and I'm in windowed mode and all is ok Eri