Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rafal

Project Airbus A380 with VC released!

For all the Toulouse whale's lovers:Project Airbus A380 with virtual cockpit has been released. VC3t.jpg It is an incredible work within freeware limits.It does not include a fullfeature MCDU but can be merged with VasFMC. Enjoy it! cool.pnghttp://www.pairbus.c...php?f=10&t=1568

Great news Rafal thanks a lot! If any developers can use PA A380 and build the system it would be fantastic. Oh well,I'm day dreaming :D

Can´t wait to take her to the sky.
Yep, I can guess it from your avatar. wink.pngNice flying!

Yep, I can guess it from your avatar. wink.pngNice flying!
Yeah, this pic is one of the ones made when the first Lufthansa A380 D-AIMA made two days long touch and go´s at my home airport just 20 km away.

Just made a little test flight. Looking fine so far. They have even coded an fly-by-wire system, truly beatiful. The only problem I have now is that my engine blades and the gear is grey. But everythin else is just perfect. screenshot851.jpg

Yes, she's looking very good! The best A380 for FS so far. gallery_158959_6_174927.jpggallery_158959_6_305493.jpggallery_158959_6_42179.jpg By the way, has anyone managed to get the new PA A380 to work with VasFMC? I haven't been able to get it working so far - vasFMC gauges are not showing up.

Groups like PA make me almost regret only wanting 'total package' high end payware aircraft now. That's a magnificent model - deserves great systems to complement it.

Groups like PA make me almost regret only wanting 'total package' high end payware aircraft now. That's a magnificent model - deserves great systems to complement it.
There's not allot known about the A380 yet in Flightsim circles. Heck, we can't even get a decent A320 series built let alone an A380. Feelthere did a decent job on theirs and to date they are the only development house to do so successfully.

@Momtchil: Did you get it running with the full paint? E.g. no grey or untextured parts on the gear and engines?

Vasfmc doesn't work because there's a typo in the panel.cfg file for the A380- the term "alias" is included twice. Once you edit this the Vasfmc gauges will appear.

VAS might be not be PMDG, but it's the best there is for Airbus.
@Momtchil: Did you get it running with the full paint? E.g. no grey or untextured parts on the gear and engines?
Have you run the batch script?
Vasfmc doesn't work because there's a typo in the panel.cfg file for the A380- the term "alias" is included twice. Once you edit this the Vasfmc gauges will appear.
We tried updating the package on AVSIM, but it was rejected; you can, in the meanwhile, get the latest package here (that also includes a couple fixes we've made to the model).

Please read the instructions in the Readme included with the liveries.

Please read the instructions in the Readme included with the liveries.
All right, failed to do it correctly the first time. Now everything is textured.I think readme´s have their sense! smile.png

I just downloaded this bird last night. For a freeware project this model is well done.

Thank you! Works alright now.With the vasFMC the VC is even better!
Yes, I got textures ok on the gear and engines: gallery_158959_6_55209.jpggallery_158959_6_442558.jpg If you installed the textures manually you may have missed to add a couple. Try re-installing the liveries, do it through the included batch script - it will do everything needed.
We tried updating the package on AVSIM, but it was rejected; you can, in the meanwhile, get the latest package here (that also includes a couple fixes we've made to the model).
We are sorry about that, it was a mistake. One of our staff wasn't sure the file came directly from you and rejected it - it could have happened to any of us, sometimes mistakes happen. When PA e-mailed us about it, I sent a reply trying to explain the whole thing. If you wish to re-upload you are always welcome to do so, there's nothing to correct and the file won't be rejected, everyone's been brought up to speed.