Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

Recomendation for external FPS limiter

For the black screens when alt-tabbing: add DisablePreload=0 to your fsx.cfg under "main". Solved it for me and many others! Robert
Correction - it should be DisablePreload=1, see here why. Robert

Correction - it should be DisablePreload=1, see here why. Robert
I was advised '0' and thats what i am set at. Works fine.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I was advised '0' and thats what i am set at. Works fine.
Well yes, but the way I understand it is that if you set it to 1 then the preload will be disabled, meaning that without this entry in the fsx.cfg the preload is enabled as default which - provided my logic is correct - yields exactly the same result as setting it to 0. Initially I thought that it has solved my blackscrren issue but yesterday it re-occured, the next test will follow today (probably with the limiter recommended by Lennart). Robert

Hey Robert. Not really knowledgeable enough to argue '0' or '1'. +1 for me on the limiter recommended by Lenny. Am going to try tonight. If you try before that, please post what you foundRegards,

Rick Hobbs

Hello, I have understood meaning of the Render Ahead feature yet, or better, what are differences (in terms of performance, smothness and so on) between values from 0 to 2. Could someone give me an explanation please?Thanks. Riccardo RighettiProud customer of the PMDG 737NGX
Up!About the DisablePreload tweak in FSX.cfg, the related value value should be 0 or 1, because I tried 0 as suggested but, different than several of you, got no positive result.Thanks.

When I read the instructions for antilag it mentioned there is nothing to start prior to starting FSX. Is this correct, all I have to do is start FSX? I apologize; however, my degree was not in programming and I do not understand how the program will work if I don't start it. I assume FSX will start it; however, I dislike assuming anything.

Edward Smoker Sr.

When I read the instructions for antilag it mentioned there is nothing to start prior to starting FSX. Is this correct, all I have to do is start FSX? I apologize; however, my degree was not in programming and I do not understand how the program will work if I don't start it. I assume FSX will start it; however, I dislike assuming anything.
Hey Ed. Just drop the .dll and the .cfg files into your FSX root folder, then open the .cfg file with Notepad and set the frame rate to what you want to limit your FPS to (i chose 30), then set the Render ahead to a value of anything from '0' to '2' (I set mine to 0), then start FSX and set the frame rate target to 'Unlimited', exit FSX and then restart your computer and you're ready to go.Hope it works for you.Just a note. I am also going to give DXtory a try tonight, to compare that option too.

Rick Hobbs

Installed DXtory but don't have a clue how to set up. Nothing mentioned in thier dialog about FSX and the only profile is default. hitting 'target' gives me nothing. Googling doesn't seem to help. ???

Rick Hobbs

I installed dxtory, but for the life of me I dont think it is even running in the background or doing anything. My frame rates still jump all over. I am on XP 32 bit.I clicked on the tiny little 69 icon and unselected all displays. I then clicked on the CHIP/ IC icon and selected a frame rate of 20fps. I then boot FSX set the internal to unlimited and still see my frame rates jumping all over.any advice would be appreciated.-Stampee

Lenny how does this dxtory work as it only seems to be for video capture? I'm having awful issues with blurries at the moment, I'm not sure if its linked to my new RAID array despite all being set correctly and defragmented. Using Fps Limiter 0.2 doesnt help, only way to stop them is using the internal limiter but that creates major slow downs when using certain types of scenery

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson