Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mcbellette

This must surely be a first for the aviation world!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If the captain/fo weren't drinkers before I'll bet they are now!Personally I'd be pretty tempted to turn off the no smoking lights

It does not happen very often but I have had several instances of aircraft experiencing more than one emergency for one leg

First one wasn't mechanical, doesn't really count...

Clearly you have never flown freight in the middle of the night before. I remember one night back in '87 or '88 that I declared an emergency 3 times for 3 different issues. I must say... I really really miss those days. Probably the most fun I've ever had.

Clearly you have never flown freight in the middle of the night before. I remember one night back in '87 or '88 that I declared an emergency 3 times for 3 different issues.I must say... I really really miss those days. Probably the most fun I've ever had.
Speaking of emergencies. I had a brake failure in your neck of the woods on the long taxiway that parallels runway 1/19. Taxiway Bravo? I can't remember. That was a long night. I ended up not being able to stop the aircraft at the hold short for runway 1, so I had to pull the mixture and stop her with the right brake only on taxiway Delta.

First one wasn't mechanical, doesn't really count...
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. If a passenger's life is in immmediate danger, it is an emergency.

When a passenger is having a medical condition and is not in immediate danger then the call to ATC is a PAN PAN PAN. They will then facilitate a landing for the aircraft and paramedics. This is different then a Mayday call.