Sign in to follow this  
joolsd

Wide screen with PMDG NGX

A really good link, for working out which setting on your monitor, will not distort. http://www.prismo.ch/comparisons/ And I have the WideViewAspect=True entered in the FSX.CFG Unfortunanly the only supporting resoultion on a packard bell Maesto is 1600x1024. But I hate eliptical dials.And I think the view out of the window is better. You get black bars at the the side. But it looks better to me. After a couple of beers anti-aliasing can be turned off.

I've used FSX.CFG to WideViewAspect=True for a year or too.However is it just me or does FSX-NGX look better without it? The exterior doesnt look stretched, and the interior looks more like the proper aspect ratio.Widescreen looked good on the VC of the MD11, but the NGX looks better without. Whats your opinion guys?
I'm inclined to agree with you !! It look more like the view I see in the real cockpit. Fred.

Just a tip for 2d-Panel users like me that could not see the runway on approach. Easy fix for that. Go to your FSX folder, Then Simobjects Folder, Then Airplanes Folder, Then PMDG 737-800NGX Folder, Then Panel Folder. Load up the panel.cfg file with windows notepad editor Scroll down until you see [VIEWS] Replace the View_Forward Line with the one below.VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.3, 0.0, 0.0 Got those numbers from the PMDG MD-11 panel and it works perfect. You can now see the runway on approach and you can also see your landing lights better on the runway when taking off. Give it a try. You only need to edit that one panel.cfg because the other 3 models of the NGX are aliased to that panel.cfg file you just edited.

Just a tip for 2d-Panel users like me that could not see the runway on approach. Easy fix for that. Go to your FSX folder, Then Simobjects Folder, Then Airplanes Folder, Then PMDG 737-800NGX Folder, Then Panel Folder. Load up the panel.cfg file with windows notepad editor Scroll down until you see [VIEWS] Replace the View_Forward Line with the one below. VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.3, 0.0, 0.0
This is worth a look at. My only consern is that the MD11 is a larger aircraft, hense the cockpit is as a estimate, is a couple of meters higher. This is important from a simulation point of view. You don't want to be too high in the 737. But obviously you want to see out the window to.

I could not see the panel.cfg. The only file in all of the PMDG-800NGX folders in one called state.cfg

Hi Paul

Replace the View_Forward Line with the one below. VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.3, 0.0, 0.0
I have been experimenting with this and it does help alot with final app.

Interesting discussion. I have a dell SP2309W with resolution of 2048x1152 and using the VC mode and set to 40 zoom, i cannot read the dials without bringing the screen right up. the numbers are all fuzzy at this magnification. I have set the fsx cfg to wide screen=True but no luck. the FO's side looks stretched especially all the switches and various nobs> not like the pmdg jetstream which is really clear on all gauges. tried having widescreen=false but the results were not appealing. Setting the monitor to 1920x1080 leaves half my screen unused, Oh Well! mel Few

i actually use a 32 inch Full HD TV via RGB running at 1600 by 1200 looks great and cheap to buy

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Hello mine is 1920-1200 26inch HP w2558hc MONITOR. it is stunning.... but i dont know if they make it anymore? So my screen and the settings in FSX are set as that with wide screen view =True,what screen could i get to make it even better? James

My native resolution is 1920x1080 and does not go any higher.The 737NG looks good. The question is ..Is it possible to change PMDG's panel.cfg from 1920x1200 to 1920x1080 to get it perfect?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi Guys,Could someone please confirm if the NGX 2D panel is 1920x1080 (16:9), as recommended on the PMDG website, or if it is 1920x1200 (16:10), which I have seen mentioned on here? Which is it?Many thanks

Changing the WideViewAspect to true will not make the slightest difference to the dimensions of the screen, it simply zooms out more from the original image. The NGX has been designed to run at 1920 x1200 or dimensions which are in keeping with the same format. If you want to run the NGX at 1920x1080, which is actually less quality than 1920x1200, regardless of what people say about it being HiDef, then effectively what you are doing is squashing 1200 vertical pixels to fit into1080, and that's why they look squashed!! wink.png

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

The wide panel is 16:10 - was developed for 1920x1200, which is the screen size most of us on the team have. I personally hate 16:9. tongue.pngWideViewAspect=True sets the horizontal field of view wider so that you see more to the sides than you do with it set False. It doesn't work quite as well as it does in other games (I wish they let you set the exact FOV in degrees).

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com