Sign in to follow this  
Aris11b

Boeing,Boeing ,GONE!

Are you familiar with the Spam sketch on Monty Python? Spam..Spam..Spam..!!!!!!!!

A wonderfully bonkers post, but good for you.... Just let it out! And I love how you completely undermine your rant by praising and posting pics of a Boeing 737 repaint!!!! LOL.gif All the best and happy non-737 simming Ian

What's this Boeing 737 you speak of? I've bought and downloaded many add-on planes for FSX, but none of them turned out to be of this mythical Boeing 737 variety that seems to be spreading on your hard drive like a virus. I do have a Beechcraft Duke with turbine engines, a Quest Kodiak, a De Havilland Beaver, a Diamond Twin Star, a Piper Cub that came with a 176-page manual, and many other interesting aircraft, though. Maybe one of them is a Boeing 737 in disguise?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I'm still trying to find a USAir 737 NGX repaint, dont discourage the repainters just yet!Angel.gif

Jay

Switch to decaf...

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Man, i would give anything to have the time and energy to worry about things like this in life...Seriously, someone needs a perspective check...
Lol

André

"Although it may not have been your intention but quite the opposite, you make one of the strongest cases FOR the Boeing 737 that could be made." WOW Really...how so??? Check the stats below taken a week ago.....really??? "What's this Boeing 737 you speak of? I've bought and downloaded many add-on planes for FSX, but none of them turned out to be of this mythical Boeing 737 variety that seems to be spreading on your hard drive like a virus. I do have a Beechcraft Duke with turbine engines, a Quest Kodiak, a De Havilland Beaver, a Diamond Twin Star, a Piper Cub that came with a 176-page manual, and many other interesting aircraft, though. Maybe one of them is a Boeing 737 in disguise?" WOW..really....HA HA HA.... I have no 737's on my HD... "And I love how you completely undermine your rant by praising and posting pics of a Boeing 737 repaint"...It was posted to show the creative fair that was used to make the repaint...in case you missed heres ya a clue...IT"S A FICTIONAL PAINT....that's what the point was there hero...didn't matter the aircraft type but to show imagination in a repaint.. One thing I've come to learn about some of the members of this site, is they have all the attuide in the world. I'll even go so far as to point out some of you are just plain snobby. As one memeber quoted .."Well don't fly 737's then"....DUH REALLY.... I thought that for once maybe, just maybe this would open up some thoughts as to what new aircraft or repaints, panels, etc might be talked about or made....thought wrong again I see ... this is one of the biggest reason I post here very little. SOOOOO............. Just a lil update...for those who believe I need decaf..a vacation..or something else to worry about..I must not be to worried about this, I posted this when???? And just for the record..in case you did miss somthing.. 737 models.. Ariane DesignsWilco PubCapt Sim...oooppss more than 2 already..lets see Fifty NorthPMDGFree SkyeDimensional... Looks like more than 2 model makers to me...how about a breakdown by sites... AvsimFSX 548 total files 470 repaints2004 6147 total files 3568 repaints Flight SimFSX 1015 total files 566 repaints2004 6758 total files 5747 repaints Now I know some of these files and repaints are on each of the sites listed above...so after averaging just these 2 sites numbers this is what you get.. For FSX 781 total files, which 518 are repaints...not that high of a percentage really, but for 2004...6452 total files, and 4657 repaints. Now by total files those could be sounds, panels, etc...but really what here truly points out there isn't more than enough repaints and models??? I'm not trying to be rude, but come on really...not enough 737 files, repaints, models...Capt Sim is getting ready to put out 3. The point that was missed is there are other aircraft, past, present, and future that are not in the flight sim world. I understand the need for absolute correct aircraft with correct airline paints "I like flying these myself"...but this is what we as a community make it. I mean really what if all anyone makes anymore is 737's and A321's with nothing more than correct real world airline paint schemes. You know that there is only 1, IAI 1124 Westwind that has been made, and no flyable Hawkers that I know of..only AI's. Like mentioned by another memeber a really good FSX Dash 8 or how about a T-37. This wasn't started to say that one aircraft is better than the other, just to point out there is more than just 737's. I know that there are many of us who would like to see new models and repaints, and those who want absolute realism in the flight sim world...I do agree with both. I'd just like to see something other than the 737's hogging the spot light.Model makers will contiune to make 737's until the community, the flight sim world is saturated with them to the point were our flight sim world becomes boring. I truly hope that this doesn't happen, because there is more in our world than just a BOEING 737. Well I'm off...see ya in another 2 weeks or so... Cheers...and like the Joker says...WHY SO SERIOUS......peace..... Ari [/indent]