Sign in to follow this  

Who likes the NGX

Okay guys, I'm not joking, but I've been too lazy (and busy flying around a Piper Cub) to buy the 737NGX, so honest opinions, who likes it? I may get it soon!

Inactive

Well even if you don'y fly it properly and just take directions from the ATC, it is still miles ahead of the default 737. If you use the FMC to do your planning and directions and fly by the book, it is light years ahead of the default. So IMO, it is very good. Con, you won't be flying any other civil planes.

Con, you won't be flying any other civil planes.
Little worried about that actually. Will I ever touch my PMDG 747-400 again once I install the NGX?

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

I would go for it Peter. If you are familiar with the 'Boeing' way of FMC....ala the Queen, you shouldn't have too much trouble figuring it out. I just hope the Queen gets this kind of detail someday :) Don't worry about not flying other airplanes, you obviously won't fly the NGX when you want to fly into little Orbx bush strips like you would the Cub. I still fly the Queen because I really like the 747's cockpit layout and atmosphere. CheersTJ

Little worried about that actually. Will I ever touch my PMDG 747-400 again once I install the NGX?
Well maybe the PMDG products but not much else. Actually level D as well. I used to have the CS 767, 757 and Aerosoft A320, now only the NGX and J41. Keeps the HDD clean.

you obviously won't fly the NGX when you want to fly into little Orbx bush strips like you would the Cub.
Nah, that's what the short field performance package is for biggrin.png

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Nah, that's what the short field performance package is for biggrin.png
Lol true, and when the NGX-700ER/BBJ come out, I can fly from Napa County Airport to Tokyo non stop :) But even with the short field package, don't think she will get in and out of Walter Sutton's farmstrip. :) Actually to combine long haul with bush flying I take the CH BF-108, fold it's wings, open up the Freighter Queen's big mouth and stick it in her belly, fly far away, pull out the 108, fly it to some bush strip...it will get in and out of 800' no problem...kind of like a yacht and dinghy or like an RV towing a car LOL

I love it!It's really the only airliner I have ever wanted for FSX since I switched from FS9 years ago. Not to say the LDS 767 which is what the majority of my past FSX flying in was bad, but the NGX is on a whole new level and provides the versatility to get into and out of small fields with shorter runways that the other a/c I own lack.Too be completly frank, after flying it for about 40 hours or so, I don't think I will really be using my other airliners, be it the LDS 767 or PMDG 747/JS4100 much anymore, let alone the few CaptSim a/c that I own and rarely fly. Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Okay guys, I'm not joking, but I've been too lazy (and busy flying around a Piper Cub) to buy the 737NGX, so honest opinions, who likes it? I may get it soon!
I do. But I'm pretty sure you won't find anyone on the PMDG forums who doesn't like the NGX, exept maybe some trolls.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

since getting the ngx when it first came out havnt touched anything else yet

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Well even if you don'y fly it properly and just take directions from the ATC, it is still miles ahead of the default 737. If you use the FMC to do your planning and directions and fly by the book, it is light years ahead of the default. So IMO, it is very good. Con, you won't be flying any other civil planes.
commercial .. not civil Money Eyes.gif

Its very very difficult to pull away from the NGX once purchased, more so for me than any other payware aircraft I ever bought and its not just a novelty factor. But you do pull away sometimes, as hard as it is. I just got a yoke for the first time and beefed up my system only a little bit. So I started out with all my light planes again to get the feel of the Saitek yoke and throttle, allied with my old TIR4 and a new EzDok I got a couple of weeks back. Now I`m ready for the transition back to jets with the yoke and whats the first bird I chose? Yes the NGX.....back to it again with gusto or gustav or something or other, you just cannot leave it in the hangar for long. Just had a dodgy moment! Took the new yoke apart and invalidated the warranty to swap an elastic band for one of the springs. The movement from new was a little lumpy too. As its nylon bushes I used some of the excess grease on the shaft and swapped out just one of the springs. Unfortunately 18 screws to come out and remove the whole shaft. Put it all back and all working except the left/right turn axis. It rotates but FSX doesn`t pick it up. Found it, a slipped cog but had to take all the screws out again to reset it lol. Feels a lot better now and it works again too! tongue.png Steve