Sign in to follow this  
crosswind

Prepar3D

This is not a factual statement and it is infact contradictory to every statement that MS have put out. MS have said that it will be a sim just as much as FS9 and FS10 was a sim.
Thank you Sek for bringing this to me as an update. I did read some statement like this: ....The new game is said to focus more on novice players and will require less of a learning curve.... or ...redesigned to make the experience easier for virtual fliers of all interests and skills.... Anyway, it seems that the focus has changed maybe because MS has got some zilliions of requests from fans. Thank again.

Hi Everyone, I have posted in another topic as well and apologize to the moderators for cross-posting. There appears to be a lot of speculation, rumours and unfortunately incorrect information floating around about Prepar3D in the forums. Including the above posts where some fairly definitive statements have been made about the product, but are unfortunately wrong, or easily open to misinterpretation. If I can suggest that people go over to the Prepar3D website and read up about the product and go to the Prepar3D forums to ask their questions, we can answer those questions directly and you will all know that it is the definitive answer as it has come from Lockheed Martin. Not trying to drive traffic away from Avsim at all, just trying to provide a mechanism for people to get direct answers to direct questions rather than guessing or trying to divine intentions remotely. We are pretty open and will answer whatever we can as long as it doesn't have competitive or proprietary information restraints. Thanks and look forward to talking with you! wink.png Regards,John NicolPrepar3D
Thanks John !! Always great to hear from you on here. I will be moving to the P3D platform permanently when version 1.2 is released.I see it as the only way forward in serious simulation. I am really looking forward to it. Fred.

Hi Everyone, I have posted in another topic as well and apologize to the moderators for cross-posting. There appears to be a lot of speculation, rumours and unfortunately incorrect information floating around about Prepar3D in the forums. Including the above posts where some fairly definitive statements have been made about the product, but are unfortunately wrong, or easily open to misinterpretation. If I can suggest that people go over to the Prepar3D website and read up about the product and go to the Prepar3D forums to ask their questions, we can answer those questions directly and you will all know that it is the definitive answer as it has come from Lockheed Martin. Not trying to drive traffic away from Avsim at all, just trying to provide a mechanism for people to get direct answers to direct questions rather than guessing or trying to divine intentions remotely. We are pretty open and will answer whatever we can as long as it doesn't have competitive or proprietary information constraints. Thanks and look forward to talking with you! wink.png Regards,John NicolPrepar3D
John, I sent feedback to you guys on your website several days ago, but haven't heard anything. Hope to hear from you soon.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hi Dave, Apologies if I have missed your post. The focus on the 1.2 release has made us all a bit busy. What was the question? John Nicol

and we have added a considerable amount of features and made a lot of bug fixes to the code that we were fortunate enough to procure from Microsoft.
Other issues resolved
  • Prepar3D correctly restores from the task bar if another window has focus

What a great fix. I surely would like to have this one in FSX... Really annoying. I wonder what other bug fixes they incorporated. Too bad we will never see them in our sim. sad.png However for for checking it out, 9.99 sounds like a bargain. Does anyone know if it can be installed on a system where FSX is already running? sig.gif

Yes it can !No problems at all.
Cool great, thanks a ton! Not that I'd get it right away, but I just was curious, you never know. sig.gif

This is not a factual statement and it is infact contradictory to every statement that MS have put out. MS have said that it will be a sim just as much as FS9 and FS10 was a sim.
Here's what I found (recent Interview with John Venema from Orbx) John Venema : Flight is not what people are expecting, it won't compete with FSX at all, it's a completely different sim category. FSX is the serious sim platform for the hardcore and will be for at least 5-10 years, and certainly hardware is now capable of overcoming most of the shortfalls of the code. We are also very excited about Lockheed Martin's PREPAR3D, which is built on FSX and has a bunch of ex-ACES guys fixing all the major bugs and making it work with today's CPU/GPU hardware. We are waiting on some new pricing models to emerge and then it becomes a serious alternative platform for Orbx and its customers.

I downloaded and installed Prepar3d 2 weeks ago and installed some addons to it. Overall, I really like some of the changes they have made. The interface looks better, Less game like from FSX. It seems very stable and runs smooth. I have a lot of FSX addons and most is not all my planes including the PMDG NGX work with it. Scenery is another story. Megascenery works fine, you just have to manually add the scenery to the scenery library. Some scenery like FSDT stuff, will not work with it. The ENB mod crashes it as far as I can see and I could not get ultimate traffic 2 to work with it. There are others. But I decieded to stick with FSX for now. If you dont care about the eye candy stuff and want fast framerates and stablility, Prepar3d is th eway to go. I believe most of these issues will be worked out as long as addon developers create installers than can be modiefid to work with Prepar3d. In some cases you can work around the incompatibility and other you can not. Most of this is because of directory naming changes. Rob

Hi Rob ! I am very interested in using the NGX on this platform.Can you please tell me what files/folders you copied across or other modifications you had to make ? Thanks.
I'm interested too.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I believe it is a good thing theses people on this forum have purchased and are testing the platform. As soon as it is debugged and made stable I may purchase a subscription. But until then, I shall let other use their money to be crash test dummies/pilots. :)
You obviously don't realise this is not a Beta product.

Gents, Please use our new P3D forum for all non PMDG/P3D related questions.Thanks

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hi Dennis,Not yet, the task we are working on right now is an upgrade of the rendering engine to DirectX11. It would be great to get to 64 bit at some stage, but not on the immediate radar just yet. Regards,John
64 bit?? fsx is going to die!

Actually if they're upgrading the engine to true DX11, that solves one of the major memory problems - DX11 does not require the video memory to be copied into address space like DX9 does. Would be a very interesting development if they succeed with that.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

With DX11, does this mean you'll be able to get improved lighting effects like sunlight and moving shadows inside the cockpit?