Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

30SEP11: More SP1 & 600/700 Schedule Changes...

I like them taking their time....love it....cause when people rush...FSX is what happens.I think people are starting to take this too far.....between my job, wife, kids, 4 day old newborn, and life, I find thay I have no problem not dwelling on a software update....Might be about time some people get some additional hobbies.....I know there must be some itmes on your "honey-do-lists" that still need completing that will hold you guys over...lol
Congratulations on the newborn: very exciting news and good luck with all the sleepless nights though it sounds as if it's a well-worn path in your family. (I stuck with two: quite enough IMHO).I completely agree with you that a sense of proportion is important. But so too of course is a sense of balance. Many of us, including you obviously, have very little spare time to play with our computers. When time is at a premium, it is all the more galling when the products we want to use are released before they are fully stable. I'm sure PMDG are doing their best: but on any honest and dispassionate appraisal, the release of the NGX - itself delayed massively - followed by 4 hotfixes (so far) and a delayed service pack, attended by broken promises that we would be kept informed about progress (including the very first post in this thread), is hardly their finest hour.Like others, I have a big reserve of goodwill towards PMDG, but IMHO they are beginning to jeopardise it. I am sure they are aware of the risks, but there is absolutely no room for them to be complacent about this. The message from a friend, not an enemy, is that their reputation is now on the line and I sincerely hope they can get this fixed before harm is done.Tim

Ed van de Vijver: Reading and following this topic here in Holland, a lot of you guys keep amazing me. Whining and nagging like little children. Impatient to get the things someone promised them. Putting the pressure on PMDG, almost like blackmailing them with their reputation! This is such an immature and unreasonable beheavior. It proves that you don't have a clou how complex and great this product is. If you don't have the patience, go to Ariane en buy that so called high quality plane. IMHO I think PMDG have the best FSX addon planes overall, with the new 737NGX as a new higher standard, nobody matches at this moment, not even close! I fly this beauty with HF4. I'm happy and Im very proud I own one!

Ed van de Vijver: Reading and following this topic here in Holland, a lot of you guys keep amazing me. Whining and nagging like little children. Impatient to get the things someone promised them. Putting the pressure on PMDG, almost like blackmailing them with their reputation! This is such an immature and unreasonable beheavior. It proves that you don't have a clou how complex and great this product is. If you don't have the patience, go to Ariane en buy that so called high quality plane. IMHO I think PMDG have the best FSX addon planes overall, with the new 737NGX as a new higher standard, nobody matches at this moment, not even close! I fly this beauty with HF4. I'm happy and Im very proud I own one!
I believe most would agree with you regarding the quality of PMDG products but the post before yours (By tfm) can hardly be clasified as whining. He has a valid point.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I believe most would agree with you regarding the quality of PMDG products but the post before yours (By tfm) can hardly be clasified as whining. He has a valid point.
I didn't mean tfm's post in particular. Whom the cap fits, let him wear it.

The message from a friend, not an enemy, is that their reputation is now on the line
Utter tripe and nonsense! This is one of the most stable products I've ever downloaded. Even without any hotfixes. That in itself is a remarkable achievement. The vast majority of users have had very few issues, none of them show stoppers. Those that have had show stopping issues, have been in the minority. Leave PMDG to do their work guys, and stop whining like prepubescent school girls whose Justin Bieber concert tickets haven't arrived.

Hello all,PMDG is a growing company I am sure. Everyone out there be it a person or business has room for improvement. PMDG has improved dramatically on their quality of product. Perhaps they might start working on getting their products out on certain deadlines in future developments. For now this might just have to take some patience on our part as customers to let the company get to that point.

Utter tripe and nonsense! This is one of the most stable products I've ever downloaded. Even without any hotfixes. That in itself is a remarkable achievement. The vast majority of users have had very few issues, none of them show stoppers. Those that have had show stopping issues, have been in the minority. Leave PMDG to do their work guys, and stop whining like prepubescent school girls whose Justin Bieber concert tickets haven't arrived.
Amen

That Justin was very good.I do not understand why so many can find so many problems.I already said and I repeat, today is the FSX before and after the 737-NGX.João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

If everyone had the same motherboard, same processor, same video cards, same amount/type of memory, same hard drives with the same operating system, updates, and service packs then I could understand the hostility against PMDG with this plane not functioning right. But since we live in reality and not fantasy world, the reality is all of our systems are different no matter how small. FSX was designed for XP on a 32bit system and no SLI... But how many of us are using Vista 32/64bit?? How many are using Windows 7 32/64 bit?? What addons are being installed, some addon's don't play well with others. Some addons require their location in the DLL.XML file to be perfect. Are all the drivers up to date, are you using VATSIM, IVAO??? REX/Active Sky/Ground Enviornment/FS Global all of these take impacts on FSX. Just saying

Don P

System Configuration

------------------------------------------

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R

i7-950 (3.06Ghz)

12 gigs DDR3

2 - 500 gig Hard Drives

2 - Galaxy GTS-250 1 gig Video (SLI)

FSX, Acceleration, FS Global 2010, FSceneX, REX2/Overdrive, GEX 1.095, UTX.

PMDG 747X, 737NGX // CS B707, B757, 767, C130, B52 // LVLD 767

FS9, SP1, FS Global2010, FSceneX, AS6.5, FSNAV, GEX Pro

Don,Beta testers have a range of systems ... which helps.Plus experience from previous products.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I didn't see this in a search, but has anyone mentioned how long after the release will the 600/700 paint kit be released?

Chris Hicks

Don,Beta testers have a range of systems ... which helps.Plus experience from previous products.
That's correct, but beta testers are not the mass.In my eyes are beta testers chosen an elitist circle of people that are not necessarily the system configurations, like a "normal" FSX players they have.It can never be wrong if you want to test the product extensively as many "opportunities" - to test> system configurations, as in this example, you could see very well.The tester would have been larger circle, you could have prevented many from the start "problems" in advance.

Intel i5-2500K @ 3,3 GHZ (not overclockt)RTX 2060 Super Windforce WF2OC-8GD16 GB Ram - 1333

Win10

FSX - Accelaration

can i know the release date of the NGX 600/700 and the SP1 ???i really cant wait.
Yes, two weeks are gone so SP1 will be released today or tomorrow.Applause.gifwub.png