Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

Apple Founder Steve Jobs Dies

And what the hell does this have to do with the NGX???? Keep on topic please.

The Man was a Pioneer of the Computer Industry and deserves some recognition at the time of his passing. People like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are why you are able to enjoy Flight Sim today on a computer. If you don't like the topic you don't have to read the thread.

Although John has a point, I believe that this topic should stay here. He was a great, innovative man, and changed the world. Even though im a Windows guy, I'll still admit that. RIP

People use iPads to display charts while flying the ngx?Dang this sucks. He'd already beat the odds once.

and the Topic is "Apple Founder Steve Jobs Dies" -- seems "ON TOPIC" to me !!! Why do some people have to be so "NASTY" in this forum ? {sigh}(feel free to substitute for 'NASTY' what I really should have typed, but would have been booted off AVSIM if I had typed it) ... and I think someone has already pointed out the reason why it is relevant) FSX Gauges on an IPad are way cool !!! PMDG 7373NGX Gauges even more so.

Steven Jobs' contributiosn to the PC and technology in general are immeasurable. He was a visionary and a pioneer and his passing is a great loss. And anyone who thinks this is not a relevent topic is a Luddite (go look that one up....). Flightsim Phil

I truly believe many of us use iPads or iPods as complements when using FSX, either for METARS, Charts or even real ATCI think the man made possible for many of us to carry all our fun stuff wherever we go.

I had placed a post in this PMDG 737NG forum about the Southwest Airlines decompression and it was immediately moved, even though I didn't realize that the plane involved was not an NG.I think this fellow passing on into the next world, may be profound, but it is way more off topic than the post that I made. I believe, for the sake of equal treatment, it should also be moved into the main Avsim General forum, like mine was.(not that it really makes a flip)

RIP Steve Jobs. The guy was a creative genius and a visionary for the computer industry. I feel saddened typing this out on my iPhone.

Ed Haslam

Sad day for everyone indeed. I've never had an Apple computer but the windows in WIndows are his idea.I move to MP3 many years ago as I believed in SJ's vision and owned every single Ipod generation since.I own a tablet, thanks to the idea of this man as well. The world has lost a great man...

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

This thread has got nothing to do with flightsimulation. If you would like to discuss these kind of topics, please do it somewhere else on the internet. Jon

I never wonder enough about superficial and close mind exist !How can you say somthing like this ?

This thread has got nothing to do with flightsimulation. If you would like to discuss these kind of topics, please do it somewhere else on the internet. Jon
Please sign your full name as the rules state!!