Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

What colour do you think FLIGHT will be? and will it taste good.

Mark, o wise one with 41 total posts, what exactly IS the purpose of this forum? There are no intelligent ideas or information lately on Flight because MS hasn't released any information lately. So we have our fun and drink our tea and life goes on and all is good.

Actually, the "Delivery" post at least has some merit to it. Where as this thread "I wonder what colour Flight will be and what it will taste like" is neither satirical, nor constructive towards the purpose of this forum. Although, with all due respect, after seeing some of your posts, you seem to play right along. Again, I hope a moderator steps in here and locks these types of threads. Why there are those who feel the need to post and reply to nonconstructive, immature and derogatory material in a "satirical" way is both unfortunate and demeaning to the Flight sim community. Prehaps we could setup a few MSFS satirical/comedy forums here. That way everybody is happy. Those of us who wish to pursue our FS passion through the intelligent exchange of ideas and information can do so here. And those who who would rather engage in "satire" can go to the comedy forums. Bingo! Everybody is happy. Mark
You said it yourself when you mentioned ''the flight sim community''. One would hope it is the kind of community where you can have a bit of a laugh, and again in your ''those who feel the need to post'' comment. If this thread does not float your boat, it is certainly not compulsory to post in it, you can simply pass it by and let it die, instead of breathing more life into it by posting, although joining in and having a laugh would be preferable. I think I'm generally one of the people on the forums who will chime in with helpful stuff, you can check that on my post history if you wish to çontest that, so ''seeming to play along'' to amusing threads evidently does not in any way preclude my efforts to contribute to ''the flight sim community'' as far as I am aware, and I'm fairly certain the vast majority of those 5,000 or so posts I've made are of the more helpful variety, and are likely to remain in that ratio even with the odd moment of levity, so I'll always join in on stuff that is funny, which this thread undoubtedly is thanks to the amusing forum presence of HoratioWS. And as for the ''delivery'' thread having merit, possibly, but it will either be a download or a disc, either payware or free, those are the options, thus a poll isn't really needed to determine that, nor especially enlightening as a guess-fest, unless it was a poll on: "how would you prefer it was delivered?'' in which case I stand by my choice of ''upon a silver platter'', athough I am somewhat leaning toward the alternative choices of ''by Saturn V rocket'' or ''via an orbital SDI laser platform in geostationary orbit over my house'' (but not too geostationary, q.v.), both of which have a nice futuristic aspect to them. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Mark, o wise one with 41 total posts, what exactly IS the purpose of this forum? There are no intelligent ideas or information lately on Flight because MS hasn't released any information lately. So we have our fun and drink our tea and life goes on and all is good.
Jim, According to AVSIM this forum is " to explore and discuss this new entre' in the flight simulation community." (somehow I think you knew that :) I can understand when things temporarily get quiet on a forum the urge to inject some humor. And a couple of respectful one liners here and there can be a refreshing change. Unfortunately however these off topic posts can quickly snowball to the extent that they become detrimental to the forums purpose? Or do you think it should just be a no-holds-barred free for all here? Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

Mark, lighten up. None of this is a free for all here with name calling or rude posts.

Jim, According to AVSIM this forum is " to explore and discuss this new entre' in the flight simulation community." (somehow I think you knew that :) I can understand when things temporarily get quiet on a forum the urge to inject some humor. And a couple of respectful one liners here and there can be a refreshing change. Unfortunately however these off topic posts can quickly snowball to the extent that they become detrimental to the forums purpose? Or do you think it should just be a no-holds-barred free for all here? Mark
Well, I suggest you lighten up otherwise the thread would be blocked with you being the cause!! And, as has been said you are not obliged at all to post in this thread. So, instead why not go and do some flying?!vololiberista

Wonderful, more mindless dribble. I wonder how long this Flight forum will last before it is shut down.Hey moderators! how about stepping things up and locking more of these pointless threads and issuing more warnings.Thanks. Mark
Poor boy.Keep taking the Prozac

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Flight reminds me of a bad newspaper, lots of words and not much else. So the answer has to be black and white and read all over..or was I thinking of a sun burnt penguin ??

Have to agree, you're taking it all a little too seriously Mark. Thanks to MS closed and somewhat cryptic marketing this time round we are left with nothing to talk about, recent threads are really scraping the bottom of the barrel. So in the meantime a little bit of humor does well to pass the time! On a related note I am really looking forward to this months update... hopefully we get a little more than previous.

Black and blue. Due to the beating it will take when it only includes Hawaii and nothing else.

Red. And it tastes like chicken.
That was a very firm and definate answer Bert. You obviously know something we don't.

Wonderful, more mindless dribble. I wonder how long this Flight forum will last before it is shut down.Hey moderators! how about stepping things up and locking more of these pointless threads and issuing more warnings.Thanks. Mark

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.