Sign in to follow this  
Mike630

777 or 787

So sad pete...and thats the best you can do. And your a Reviewer for Flightsim? So Sad. Loser.gif

I miss seeing that Qatar 777 in T4 sad.png On Topic: I hope the 777 is released first so I can do some long hauls (Even though I can't stand 7hrs+ flights lol) I'll make an exception when it's released.
Hah, small world. I live under the Canarsie app as well

I used to, until a few years back. Now Im under the visual 22L. I miss Brooklyn!

So sad pete...and thats the best you can do. And your a Reviewer for Flightsim? So Sad. Loser.gif
I have to agree. Not everyone can spend all of their time in the forum staying on top of the latest info. That doesn't make them or what they asked stupid.

Chris Hicks

To try to get back on topic, there are not enough 787 pilots. Without having first hand experience to work with, there is no way to confirm how close a simulation is.

777 all the way
+1
Just a thought but after watching some vid, I think that PMDG should do a 787 instead of a 777 or have a vote lol. But judging by how real PMDG does it IDK if they can get the data in the way they need it to make the plane realistic.
One of PMDG's secret Projects? :( :(

The other thing to keep in mind is that there is a substantial amount of commonality on the flight decks of the 737 NG and the 777.
Alright... Can someone explain this to me? Besides the screens and the CDU style and maybe the Aft Electronics Panel, I really don't see any "substantial commonality" between the two. Even the old 767 has more to do with the 777 than the 737. Pick a picture of both and put the side by side. It's noticeably different. Or am I missing something here?
So is PMDG making a 777?
Yes, they are. It was announced a year and a half ago, I believe.
[...] and I must admit, they are a work of art. Just beautiful.I for one CANNOT wait for PMDG's rendition of the T7!
I absolutely love the 777 i cant wait for it.But right now i am having a blast with the 737
Couldn't agree more with you guys. The thing I like the most on the 777 are the new GE90 engines. I mean... Look at the size of those babies!777engine.jpgOn the second place in my list is the flight deck style. I like that brown color. Don't know if it's just in the videos and photos I've seen, but they look so clean! And third: I can't wait to play with the EFB!
On Topic: I hope the 777 is released first so I can do some long hauls (Even though I can't stand 7hrs+ flights lol) I'll make an exception when it's released.
Not yet, budy. We still have one (maybe two) secret projectson the way between us and the T7. Btw, can anyone confirm whether it's one or two secret projects? Edited by barfra1995

Matheus Mafra

Alright... Can someone explain this to me? Besides the screens and the CDU style and maybe the Aft Electronics Panel, I really don't see any "substantial commonality" between the two. Even the old 767 has more to do with the 777 than the 737. Pick a picture of both and put the side by side. It's noticeably different. Or am I missing something here?
OK, here is a picture of the flight deck of a 737-800:http://i.pbase.com/g6/04/645104/2/75810946.omngRIi7.jpgAnd here is a picture of the flight deck of a 777-200:http://images.picturesdepot.com/photo/b/boeing_777_cockpit-20070.jpgWhile they are most certainly not identical, and definitely not as close as an Airbus A320 series vs. an A330/A340, there are still undeniably a lot of common features between the two. My use of the term "substantial commonality" was probably a bit vague and misleading - I was referring to similarities between two flight decks in a visual sense. Operationally, I do understand that a 737 NG is very different than a 777.

OK, here is a picture of the flight deck of a 737-800: http://i.pbase.com/g6/04/645104/2/75810946.omngRIi7.jpg And here is a picture of the flight deck of a 777-200: http://images.picturesdepot.com/photo/b/boeing_777_cockpit-20070.jpg While they are most certainly not identical, and definitely not as close as an Airbus A320 series vs. an A330/A340, there are still undeniably a lot of common features between the two. My use of the term "substantial commonality" was probably a bit vague and misleading - I was referring to similarities between two flight decks in a visual sense. Operationally, I do understand that a 737 NG is very different than a 777.
I know everyone is saying that the 737 and 77 have similar cockpits. HOWEVER, the 787 was designed so that a pilot could have dual cert with the 777. In fact it takes less than 10 days for a 777 pilot to get certified on the 787. In fact the coolest thing about the 787 fly by wire is that Boeing tuned it so that it responds to stick pressure the exact same as a 777. The way I see it the 777 will be the building blocks for the PMDG 787.

Nick Running

The B787 pit looks quite different to the 777 pit imo1089769.jpeg

Edited by Sekstifire

The 787 is brand new..give it time to settle and rest before we eat it. On the other hand the 777 has been around for years of impeccable airline service and we deserve PMDG rendition of it. The 787 can come later.Phil

The B787 pit looks quite different to the 777 pit imo1089769.jpeg
I have sat in the cockpits of both and while yes there are some differences, the systems and flight characteristics were designed to be as close as possible to the 777. Again that is why there is a dual certification for pilots to fly both.

Nick Running

IS THAT A SCREENSHOT OF THE PMDG 777, ALEX?????We all know someone could show up asking that, don't we?

Edited by barfra1995

Matheus Mafra