Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alpha117

Scenery Library object missing?

Hi AllI have this line in my FSX.CFGMissingLibraryAlert=1now when I start to load the scenery I get errors(13),' Scenery Library object missing ID D1A6009E 4DFC 104E50 5B12 008A1AED112'I click OK and FSX continues. There are 13 different numbersHmm, anyone any ideas of how to fix this.I get the same errors when flying from either EGKK or KSEA!Sim runs okThanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That object number, as well as the line in the cfg file, are not in my stock FSX. Have you deleted or added scenery from those areas lately? I would think you could delete the cfg line and that should make the errors go away, at least until whatever scenery software caused it puts it back.

It means that some addon scenery is positioning those objects but FSX cannot find them. Possibly you are missing a library bgl which should have been supplied with the addon.George

George said it better than I. Sounds like some scenery didn't install completely or is corrupt. Copy and paste that number into a search box for the drive FSX is on, and you might be pointed to the problem scenery, if you don't already know it.

Hi bobTrying that now, no luck. I will take down some of the othe rnumbers and try them, in a moment. Will yet you knowthanks

Hi bobTrying that now, no luck. I will take down some of the othe rnumbers and try them, in a moment. Will yet you knowthanks
Uh, hate to cut in but that won't work as Bob and George have stated. Best thing to do is go into the Scenery Library and disable all the addon scenery (or recently added scenery). Restart FSX and see if the problem still exists. If not, start reenabling the scenery one by one until the problem reoccurs. Reinstall the scenery causing the problem.Best regards,Jim

Alpha117,I've had that error as well as the 12 others I believe. I'm an Orbx team member and we went through a couple months ago trying to eliminate these missing GUID errors. This group of 13 missing GUIDs didn't present a problem for anyone else on the team except myself and I wasn't able to figure out where they were coming from. It's likely that an object library supplied with one of the payware airports is missing on yours and my system, although I was not able to determine which. My guess is these errors pop up for you near KSEA, particularly in the vacinity of Vashon?Since missing GUIDS can cause CTDs, I made myself a "dummy library" to eliminate the errors. What this does is provide a dummy object for each of the missing GUIDs, it's most likely you'll never find an actual missing object, but if you do, you'll see the this dummy object in place of those missing models:dummy_object.jpgThis should eliminate the errors and the potential for CTDs in the Seattle area. This library contains dummy objects for the following missing GUIDs I recorded on my own system. Please check the list against the actual errors you're generating in the sim, but I'm betting they're all there.b066fd23-4286-42ac-80cb-54ede24eb4afecfc514a-eed1-45d4-9d5d-709566e9ff65d1a6009e-4dfc-104e-5b12-008a0febd112d1a6009e-4dfc-104e-5b12-008a1aebd112da38729e-2824-c2cd-2b40-de43c0a98a510cb6b1a4-ce59-4545-a2cd-f20d8f5fd99dc5df30aa-7d0f-49d3-8881-08faedd4e866a60255b9-508f-4920-9941-bffb775e49c4ed7359b9-1f03-47e2-a239-ea9ede2c292eae5cf9bf-bf9a-44b3-8e09-676acd31f810492835e6-ba9b-4306-b845-bef356e58f772d5e14ea-c73d-9d75-e7b6-a464c0039efa2d5e14ea-c73d-9d75-e7b6-a464c1039efaDownload the .zip file linked below and extract it to a temporary folder. You'll end up with a "dummy_objects" folder with scenery and texture subfolders. Move the entire "dummy_objects" folder into your FSX\Addon Scenery folder and then activate the area in your scenery library.jr_unknown_dummy_obj_lib.zipThat should eliminate your source of errors, please let me know how it works out for you.Jim

JimMany thanksdownloading now. Will report back. Will install and active this and start a flight from KSEANot sure where Vashon is(now looking at PlanG) :-)

I believe FSX stock installation contains many of these library errors as it is. At least that was the word over at Orbx

Its seem strange I get these at KSEA and also at EGKK. Thats when I first noticed it, via the events log (g3d.dll error).Then I added the MissingLibraryAlert=1.Wish I never started this now :-)

Result!!!......Only one error and that's not on your list Jim (forgot to write the number down...will do it in a moment)Firstly going to fly around KSEA looking for wooden crates and to find where Vashon ishaha..........2S1 Vashon Municipal Airport......Hey knew PlanG was good, going there now!

@Glenn: There are a certain number of errors caused by non-acceleration FSX installations (like mine), but these are not acceleration related GUIDs. I have a dummy library for missing acceleration objects as well, they're not the same GUIDs and these don't come up in a google search whereas all of the accel GUIDs have been listed here and are easily found with google. I'm still not completely convinced this is a missing Orbx library, it's likely something else, particularly if the OP is getting the same errors at EGKK.@alpha117: Couple quick questions if I may, I'd like to get to the bottom of this if possible:1. Do you have any Orbx sceneries installed, payware or freeware? (i.e. Vashon muni or the PNW demo)2. Can you verify for me that the missing GUIDs at EGKK are the same ones you're getting in the KSEA area? (EDIT: and do you have any special sceneries installed for EGKK?)3. Do you have FSX acceleration or FSX Gold installed, or is it an early version of FSX without the accel pack?Thanks,Jim

Just crossing the water at 1485ft (in Trike) no wooden crates yet!!

@Glenn: There are a certain number of errors caused by non-acceleration FSX installations (like mine), but these are not acceleration related GUIDs. I have a dummy library for missing acceleration objects as well, they're not the same GUIDs and these don't come up in a google search whereas all of the accel GUIDs have been listed here and are easily found with google. I'm still not completely convinced this is a missing Orbx library, it's likely something else, particularly if the OP is getting the same errors at EGKK.@alpha117: Couple quick questions if I may, I'd like to get to the bottom of this if possible:1. Do you have any Orbx sceneries installed, payware or freeware? (i.e. Vashon muni or the PNW demo).........YES2. Can you verify for me that the missing GUIDs at EGKK are the same ones you're getting in the KSEA area?....Standby will check3. Do you have FSX acceleration or FSX Gold installed, or is it an early version of FSX without the accel pack?...FSX accelerationThanks,Jim
JimVason Muni? where do I get that from

Guys,Not sure if this is just a 'placebo' effect or not,but it seem smoother and better frames/sec around KSEA.BTW now flying around Vashon, can't spot any wooden crates though.....yet

JimThe only error I get now loading at KSEA is:2D65B7FC 4ECE 830A 7084 54AEDB7BB4E1the error I was getting at EGKK BEFORE loading your fix was :746B3233 6220 6C69 1020 E1B201414447Just going over to EGKK now , to check if this error still happens with your fix loadedI will report back ASAP.Could you make some 'wooden crates' for theses errors to? ;-)RegardsJim,Sorry the 746B3233 6220 6C69 1020 E1B201414447 error happens at EGBB not EGKK.right back to EGKK...brb

Well, not good at EGKK, here's the error's33AF1319 213D 4A6C B752 DEDE6FE348C8B4DA3B24 5FC7 4F12 86A4 7C2F7DFFB70B554B3130 3132 3136 3130 30353438337554B3130 3132 3136 3130 333434393134554B3130 3132 3136 3130 31393438339there was 25 in total, but I only wrote these one's down.Lots more wooden crates needed, there in the UK !!

OK, just 'de-activated' my addon scenery for EGKK and only got two errors instaed of twenty 25.So is it 'addon' scenery that are causing these errors?just a thoughtanother thought, could it be the order of your scenery lib?

Please note that MissingLibraryAlert works like this:Receive error messages when library objects are referenced but not found, or when library objects that have bounds are referenced outside of those bounds (for example, the Seattle Space Needle model can only be referenced in the Seattle locality).the latter case often called "geo-locked objects".scott s..

Scott,Thanks, but i'm now even more confused than before. I don't even know how/what these number are or even do.

Vason Muni? where do I get that from
It's freeware from Orbx, get 'CEN4 High River Regional' and 'KHQM Hoquiam' too if you don't have it.http://www.fullterra...m/freeware.htmlI can assume then that you have the PNW Demo installed? I believe the latest version of the PNW Demo includes KHQM, so rather than install KHQM seperately, just download and reinstall the PNW demo.
BTW now flying around Vashon, can't spot any wooden crates though.....yet
You'll have a hard time finding them, they're roughly 1 meter on all sides and sort of designed to blend in. Might be fun to go on an easter egg hunt with the trike though smile.png
The only error I get now loading at KSEA is: 2D65B7FC 4ECE 830A 7084 54AEDB7BB4E1
No part of that string comes up with google, nor do I find it in any of my own text files of GUIDs I've logged myself. Hard telling where that one comes from, but I can make you a crate. Let's get the rest of this sorted first though.
Sorry the 746B3233 6220 6C69 1020 E1B201414447 error happens at EGBB not EGKKCould you make some 'wooden crates' for theses errors to? ;-)So is it 'addon' scenery that are causing these errors?
Well, first let's try to figure out where the EGBB errors are coming from, what is the scenery you have installed there and where did you get it? I'll defer any errors that occur with this scenery active, but not without, to whoever designed the scenery. Hopefully it's a case of a missing library that you can just download and install. I can make you a custom crate library for the remaining errors that occur with the scenery disabled, and also the one at KSEA. I need the guids verbatim from the error msgs though, lower case is fine, but I'll need them with the dashes and grouping intact. Even one letter missing or incorrectly typed will cause the crate not to show up and you'll still get the error. For now, disable the EGBB scenery and start a list of missing GUIDs. When you get them all gathered up post them here and I'll make you some crates. Let's do this only once though, so make sure you've got them all in order before posting. Yes, it's the addon scenery. Some placement file (lat/lon coordinates) is calling for an object that doesn't exist in any of your installed object libraries. Scenery layering/priority doesn't have anything to do with it, object libraries are called in the sim by these guids only, and the sim will find them wherever they are.
Just been looking at http://lc0277.gratis...r/sceneobjects/none of my errors numbers appears on there....Jim???
No, if you have acceleration installed you shouldn't find any missing GUIDs on that site. These are coming from something non-default.
...or when library objects that have bounds are referenced outside of those bounds (for example, the Seattle Space Needle model can only be referenced in the Seattle locality).the latter case often called "geo-locked objects".
I don't think that's the case with these Scott, at least not the 13 GUIDs listed above. If it were a geo-locked object being called by a placement file everyone (with Orbx scenery installed) would be getting these errors wouldn't they? To my knowledge myself and alpha117 are the only ones seeing these. If I disable Vashon these errors go away, but then I get some new ones that were obviously excluded by something at Vashon. Those I believe are my own missing acceleration objects though.Jim

OKI will disable UK2000 Scenery for EGBB and EGKK and then list the GUID numbers.I have the most of ORBIX scenery including VASHON, oh well didn't know I had that one.Going to start on EGBB now.You OK with my only KSEA error now?

You OK with my only KSEA error now?
I still don't know where it came from, but I'll make a crate for it along with the others.Jim