Sign in to follow this  
PIC007

New Quality Wings 146 video

I thought the performance was good for London City until I saw that it was recorded in FS2004. I wonder how FSX compares. It will still make it on to my CCard statement :)

Why the FSX forum? The video was made in FS9.
This FS9er isn't complaining ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Why the FSX forum? The video was made in FS9.
It's being made for both FS9 and FSX... no harm showing the video here

Thanks for posting. :)I think the video shows that the systems are coming in much less 'lite' than on the 757, so that's an interesting part. I've liked the performance entries for example.If one could state a wish on the surely WIP status, it would be to get rid of the default engine model which leads to the almost instant startup and also the 4x very same values on all gauges. That's no QW problem of course, it just shows a strong dependency from the FS basis.I also hope (still having the WIP status in mind) that the gauge resolution and update rate gets enhanced. I was watching in 1080P fullscreen and couldn't read the PFD for example and the ND turned very slowly, same for the altimeter numbers.But I think that a detailed 146 would indeed be a nice thing in FSX, so keep the updates coming. :) Beautiful external modelling there.

This FS9er isn't complaining
None of them! Big%20Grin.gifA nice video of what is going to be quite a nice product.

And we got to watch it land twice ;)Looks great!-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Those guys at QW have some REAL talent onboard. There was a time when I fly their 757 exclusively!

Thanks for posting. :)I think the video shows that the systems are coming in much less 'lite' than on the 757, so that's an interesting part. I've liked the performance entries for example.If one could state a wish on the surely WIP status, it would be to get rid of the default engine model which leads to the almost instant startup and also the 4x very same values on all gauges. That's no QW problem of course, it just shows a strong dependency from the FS basis.I also hope (still having the WIP status in mind) that the gauge resolution and update rate gets enhanced. I was watching in 1080P fullscreen and couldn't read the PFD for example and the ND turned very slowly, same for the altimeter numbers.But I think that a detailed 146 would indeed be a nice thing in FSX, so keep the updates coming. :) Beautiful external modelling there.
No, The fast engine start-up isn't completely wrong for the BAe Avro. Unlike many Boeing and Airbus aircraft, the engine are not started using bleed air from the APU. They are started using an electric starter motor. The result is that all four Avro engines can be started by the time the second engine of a 737 is being started. So, the fast engine start-up youi see in the video is in fact somewhat okay.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Great looking exterior model. VC looks a bit difficult to read as CoolP mentioned. Lets hope they offer HD and SD versions. I still have to squint a bit when flying their 757 in VC view.

Nice showing. The sounds were very smooth and enjoyable to listen to. I was wondering why the only altitude call-out was 100 ft on the landing.

Keith Guillory

No, The fast engine start-up isn't completely wrong for the BAe Avro. Unlike many Boeing and Airbus aircraft, the engine are not started using bleed air from the APU. They are started using an electric starter motor.
Didn't know that, thanks, Benjamin.Although I'd still say that we see the 'default' FS based 'boom!, your engine is running' behaviour there, together with the very similar (100%) gauge values of all four.I wouldn't call this a downside though, but I'd appreciate some engine model variation if possible. It adds a bit to the real feel. I like it on the Maddog for example, and sort of miss it in the iFly, although it is slightly tweaked there.But, from that video, those few points would be the only ones to mention while the rest looks very good. So not to be read as a complain or something.
Lets hope they offer HD and SD versions.
Good idea indeed.