Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bakaman

RATE CLIMB reads ZERO during climb and descent

Hi , the title speaks for itself. Just took off from LFMN and my instrument was reading zero during climb. tried to descent but still zero.OTHER PBthe blank fmc screen issue???

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

all of em I'm doing some test right now and its not moving. the needle moves a bit on take off and then stops after a few seconds

U need to pass a certain altitude before Cab Alt actually starts climbing...It doesn't start climbing right away.

I just took off from gcxo Tenerife to LPFR faro and my cab climb read 0 until fL375 and then the needle read 50-100ft per min. is this normal

Having a similar issue. Gauge seems to jump around for the first few thousand feet of the climb (actually looks to be spinning in a jerky clockwise motion).

The cabin should climb as you climb, but at a lesser rate. 500fpm or so.

How to I delete my post, its not relevant. I think i made a mistake looking at the wrong needle.Marcus Jian

KamanYou beat me to it, I was going to report this today.A typical Boeing cabin pressure would climb at 500 FPM during climb and 300 FPM during descent, anything greater that this will get the passengers complaining. I noticed this before SP1 but naively thought it would be fixed for SP1 unsure.png

Actually caught it this morning, took a few tries to get a screenshot mid-spin. This is climbing through 6000 out of MSP.

KamanYou beat me to it, I was going to report this today.A typical Boeing cabin pressure would climb at 500 FPM during climb and 300 FPM during descent, anything greater that this will get the passengers complaining. I noticed this before SP1 but naively thought it would be fixed for SP1 unsure.png
THANK YOU, finally someone noticed this ........
The cabin should climb as you climb, but at a lesser rate. 500fpm or so.
I know this and thats the reason why i'm reporting this...
Actually caught it this morning, took a few tries to get a screenshot mid-spin. This is climbing through 6000 out of MSP.
yes there is a bug
Having a similar issue. Gauge seems to jump around for the first few thousand feet of the climb (actually looks to be spinning in a jerky clockwise motion).
exactly what i experienced.

For whatever reason, it appears that your cabin is not pressurized at all in the screen shot. The cabin altitude reads about 6500 feet (same as your aircraft), and the differential pressure (difference between cabin pressure, and the pressure outside of the aircraft) reads zero.Not sure why, as it appears that you have everything set correctly...

Yeah, Jim, I see the correct settings too.Are you sure you're not using an old panel save, saved flight, or similar?

Nope, all new. This is in the PMDG House Livery 737-700. Doing a complete uninstall/reinstall right now to see if that helps, but it sounds like some users were experiencing this before SP1. I very well could have been having this issue all along and never known about it, I never bothered checking the pressurization gauges on climbout before.

Nope, all new. This is in the PMDG House Livery 737-700. Doing a complete uninstall/reinstall right now to see if that helps, but it sounds like some users were experiencing this before SP1. I very well could have been having this issue all along and never known about it, I never bothered checking the pressurization gauges on climbout before.
Yeah let us know after your reinstallation

I tested it but everything looks ok (737-800 and SP1). Did you set cruise altitude and landing altitude correctly?

Hi all,I noticed this, too, even before SP1.What seems to happen is the plane begins to pressurize on the takeoff roll, as it should, but after rotation, the outflow valve drives full open. When passing through about 5-7,000 feet (I guess depending on the cruise altitude set on the pressurization panel), the outflow valve begins to close and the plane pressurizes. The cabin climb rate is about zero since the cabin altitude is where it should be at cruise.It also seems inconsistent. Sometimes the plane pressurizes normally and sometimes not.Hope this info helps for troubleshooting!Thanks,Christian Chapman

Did a little more testing...It seems to only happen while departing when the barometric pressure is higher than normal. I manually set the weather with an altimeter setting of 30.10 (or higher) and the outflow valve went full open after takeoff. This was with a "normal" cruise altitude set on the pressurization panel. A workaround is to set the cruise altitude low (around 5000), then reset after takeoff; or, takeoff with packs off then turn on after takeoff.Thanks,Christian