Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

Cost index

Either you were not using appropriate thrust, or the aircraft was accelerating to climb speed. If that's the case, there's nothing wrong.

Matheus Mafra

From reading, it looks like most everyone has a terrific understanding of Cost Index, so the links below aren't for you guys, but rather for someone who pops into the thread and would like more information.My understanding is that most airlines have their own cost indexes for various routes. I don't know if the Airline Cost Indexs shown in the third link are accurate, especially because (as far as I know) Cost Index can be different for different routes), but I would think that the CIs listed, if accurate, are good for for at least comparison purposes.Best to everyone.http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine/articles/qtr_4_07/AERO_Q407_article5.pdfhttp://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine/articles/qtr_2_07/AERO_Q207_article5.pdfhttp://forum.avsim.net/topic/336375-cost-index-database/

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Some airlines will even use different CIs for climb and cruise... something I have seen on Airbus operators at least.Great links Dave... no discussion on Cost Index means anything if those discussing do not know what exactly it is and what it affects in the flight plan... :)Andrew

I often use cost index 0 for takeoff and climb, and about 40 in the cruise.I believe British airways have this philosophy.

I believe eastjet use a cost index of 6, which is what i use when flying. 100 is plane silly, (notice the pun)Wycliffe

Hey,i am finally can can enjoy the ngx 737, with the new sp1, now i have question about the cost index because i think that what causing my problem.when i am doing a flight and filing the perf page after i fill the index the max cruise altitude is 157, i am filing the cost index with 100, the zfw i am just clicking on the 3L twice and it fills it automatic, so what am i doing wrong how can i make the max altitude be higher? thanks in advance,Daniel(:
According to my own experience , the FL is dependig at least from two important variables1- Aircraft Wait2- route leghtIf you wait a lot ( 100% load of fuel) and/or full cargo and passenger and your route is long only 100 miles , the FMC calculate the flight profile according to those variables ( fliying low profile)Try to sta as low as you can with fuel and look for longer travel distances and will se also FL 380.

I often use cost index 0 for takeoff and climb, and about 40 in the cruise.I believe British airways have this philosophy.
At British Airways Virtual we always use a cost index of 0 for climb and 28 for cruise.I believe that is the case with real world aircraft at BA.If i have a tailwind for most of the way, i usually use a CI of 0 all the way.

hey thanks all, what does it mean route legth?
How far to your destination.

hey is there any place that i can download a accurate checklist for the pmdg ngx? i am currently using checklist (not for real world aviation) tnx

Didn't know that they even alter the CI for the different phases of flight.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg