Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Updated flight model

Available from Carenado Support site.http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php?accion=update

Bert

I downloaded this file several times and it gives me an error when trying to install that the installer file is damaged....anyone else having this problem?

Make sure you get the F33 Optional Patch.It is not an installer, but two replacement files.

Bert

Finally got to take the new flight model for a spin last night. The most apparent thing I noticed was more ground effect. Can anyone confirm their experience? I am not a rw pilot so I dont know what is supposed to be right.I did a few landings trying it out. One of the last was basically a carrier landing, standard load config with full fuel, full flaps, full trim, speed just a touch under 70 knots over the trees then reduced power. With no flare, it did a beautiful smooth landing. I was expecting smackdown.So far everything else feels very nice so I am looking forward to spending some time in the Bo after a short hiatus.

Guest bstolle

Well, on a German website the reviewer complains that the A36/F33 flight model is simply unrealistic because 'his' Bonanza doesn't have any ground effect, while it is very noticable on the real one.....Looks like a lot depends on piloting technique wink.pngIf you check how large the wing is and how low she sits on the ground, the ground effect simply has to be noticable.

I expect you are right Bernt. Pilot technique is adjustable for us non pilots. Time to have some fun in the circuit.Thanks very much for your efforts.

I find all the new flight models excellent, thank you Bert im%20Not%20Worthy.gif It should be noted that, although the Bonanza range are low-wing monoplanes and therefore more susceptible to ground effect than high wing monoplanes, the Bonanza wing was in most of it's section a "speed" aerofoil rather than a "lift" aerofoil like most of the Piper range. Hence Bonanzas have generally higher TOSS's and approach speeds than contemporary aircraft made by other manufacturers. They are also partial to flapless takeoffs, particularly on long hot runways. They also have less ground effect than their contempories. The "'sports cars" of single engine GA aircraft, much loved by all who flew them, but less so by bottom line driven commercial operators LOL.gif

Finally got to take the new flight model for a spin last night. The most apparent thing I noticed was more ground effect. Can anyone confirm their experience? I am not a rw pilot so I dont know what is supposed to be right.I did a few landings trying it out. One of the last was basically a carrier landing, standard load config with full fuel, full flaps, full trim, speed just a touch under 70 knots over the trees then reduced power. With no flare, it did a beautiful smooth landing. I was expecting smackdown.So far everything else feels very nice so I am looking forward to spending some time in the Bo after a short hiatus.
I think your airspeed may be a little low. I used to come in on final at 100 mph (87 knots) and short final start of flare at 90 mph (78 knts). See if that works even better :)

..... i'm with you Geofa,,, 70Knts seems to me to low, I tried, and almost crashed, no fun at all :(

Hello Bert,Thank you for the new FDE of the F33A Bonanza. I wish you and to member of the forum, an Happy New Year full of joy, good health and peace.Have a good dayBenoit

Guest bstolle

Hi BenoitThanx for your kind words. Same to you too of course!Best regardsBernt

Edited by bstolle

Hm, I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. Since I installed the updated flight model it seems I can't do smooth landing anymore. The airplane now always bounces on landing even with very small VS (like less than 100fpm) and the approach speed around 90kts. I'm talking one bounce than it settles down. I'm not saying it's the updated flight model, maybe I just learned to land Bonanza the wrong way. My landings with other airplanes (Legacy, Duke, NGX,....) are very smooth. Does anybody else have problem with bouncing?

Can you rule out that something on the installation went wrong? 90kts sounds a bit fast for landing, so maybe that's a possible source for receiving a plane wanting to fly a bit longer. :mellow: Perhaps aim for the lower end of the white arc (52kts) and add 30%, giving you 68kts.

Should be save and the deck angle may also be ok. All of the above in landing config, so you have a bit of power on.

In all my recent bouncy landing flights there was quite heavy crosswind involved (15-25kts), maybe that also contributed to bouncing together with high approach speed. I tried with lower speed and the landing was smooth. But this time I had very hard time to keep it on the GS. The approach speed was around 65kts, it was trimmed all the way up but the airplane still wanted to dive so I had to pull on the yoke quite hard all the way down to landing (and a bit more for the flare). Is this normal behavior?