Sign in to follow this  
Wendall

What was YOUR first payware airliner?

I did it backwards. I was Googling for a pc systems simulator for a 737 when I landed on Ariane's website. I purchased it only to learn after the fact that it was an add-on for FSX. Doh! So I went to Best Buy and bought a copy of FSX. It all went down hill from there with my credit card. wink.png

Would have been the Aerowinx Precision Simulator 744, which wasn't an add on but a stand alone sim...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

PMDG MD-11 I had just gotten into FSX and was scared that it would be too complicated. :( Glad I got it, and the multitude of others since then. :)

1. PSS 777 / 744 / A320 / A330 / A3432. DreemFleet 737-400And I must say for some reason I was much more thrilled with them than with all those supercomplex addon aircraft I buy and collect today.Maybe it's because I was younger and my mind was less littered. They say when you are retired one day your child's joy returns, so I just need to wait... Big%20Grin.gif

Mine was Technique Direct , HQ Aircraft collection1 737 panel for FS5 (...) it was a huge breakthrough back then
Wow, Ernie, thanks for that link! When I saw the screenshot, maybe so funny with today standards, I got back my sweet memories.The fact itself it was flying and there were ANY systems simulated, was so exciting! My favourite task in MFS series till FS98 was to navigate and I did it like classic sailors did, lol...And before someone asks, my first payware scenery was Simflyers EDDF. It had moving jetways (called ServiceArmada)!

1. Commercial Level Simulations A330/A340 for FSX. Got it in 2008. Don't fly it anymore. lol2. LevelD Simulations 767 for FSX - 2009. Installed but don't fly it much.

Wow, not many go much back - mine was a PSS Airbus 320 I think, quickly followed by the PMDG 737NG. Both for FS9. I started seriously simming on FS9. FS2002 or FS98 was more or less getting to know...

PSS A340 pro back in 2003

Chris Howard

Mine was the MD-82 PANEL by the same guy who produced the rfp747-200. I think it was for fs98.

Sean Green

PSS A320 - a milestone in FS development until today. No one managed to improve what they did with their Airbus series in such a quality even ten years later! Thank you, Phoenix Simulation Software!

The boxed 'Classic Airliners Collection 98' for FS98. It came in a black box with Silver embossting. I thought it was AMAZING. Back then I didn't even know 3rd party addons existed until I saw this at HMV in Oxford Street. I flew the default FS98 for months and loved it. Hehe. Thats when the spending started.....I found new FS addons SO exciting. It changed everything, and it seemed so real. Especially the new 3rd party sounds, which then were pretty dull by today's standards, but it was a real WOW time. How funny...

PIC 767 for fs2002, shortly followed by Dreamfleet 737-400.I'll never forget my first autoland in KBOS with the PIC 767... . Amazing.

Lennart

Banner_MJC11.png

Just Flight 737 Pilot in Command for FS2004.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I'm guessing it was the PSS A320, followed by their 330 & 340. I think their 747 came after that?