Sign in to follow this  
bbain1187

Every NGX Owner Needs to Sign This Petition (or no more charts)

The FAA is planning on making everyone pay for online charts starting in April, and removing access for individuals. This would effectively kill our hobby for anyone who flies in the United States. We need to stop this!http://www.change.or...r-online-chartsBen

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

Hate to say it folks but I doubt an online petition is going to convince them of anything... We went through this back when they took the navdata DAFIF file down too - nothing helped. Amazing how we pay for the creation of this stuff with our tax dollars and then they just take it away though... no reason this shouldn't be public.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Only 24,728 signatures to go! At this rate it will be April of 2020 until there are enough!!How exactly would this kill our hobby in the US?

Seriously!?You have to ask the question....what does our hobby offer the FAA for them to continue providing a non-subscription service. It still requires someone to update the charts and publish them onto the website. The best thing to do at this time, if is a major concern to some, would be to start archiving the charts that you frequently use, since they are still considered to be free.Realistically, in the simulator world this would not affect your usage as it would in the real world. Correct me if I am wrong.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Its a shame. Unfortunately, I dont see these petitions having any sort of effect. Even if USA is bankrupt, they should be providing these charts for free. Im kinda shocked that they are even allowed to charge for this.

Violation of FOIA

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

You wanted "hope and change", you got itI wouldn't mind paying a small fee, however making them unavailable to individuals (if that is true), is unconstitutional. But, since when has that been a problem for these unAmerican corrupt fascists? This government has always wanted to eliminate General Aviation, and this is just another step to that end.A revolution is coming. Don't get me started ... Hey, I've always wanted to fly more Australia, Europe, Asia, and Africa, and Canada and Antarctica and South America and New York. and California and other non-American destinations.I'm glad I'm old, but fear for my children and grandchildren.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Well, that should make this thread spiral into a flamewar. Nicely done.

NAX669.png

Violation of FOIA
Not one single bit. Request the information and they will send the information AND possibly a BILL. FOIA does not mean FREE. You should read up on such things before posting!

Those who don't care about this simply are not real pilots. Charts may be minor, but the FAA will continue taking to save more money here and there. Eventually, services such as flight following and IFR for general aviation will have a fee. Landing fees and hypes in everything else will be the end result. If they can be stopped in the beginning it will be less likely to continue to the end. It does hurt the real world hobby, because now we have to buy AFDs that are outdated so frequently it really is not cost effective. Let's hope and see.Morgan

Our options are jeppesen, which I believe has online but also the hard copy. That could prove expensive as I used to subscribe years ago. Navigraph subscription appears cheaper for the exact reason of flight sinming only. Wonder how Vatsim would handle it? Any one know any powerful Washington lobbyists? Is this an FAA issue or Congressional bill. Gotta check AOPA site for possible help/info.

You can give the government $14 billion and it would still be broke. Can't raise taxes easily so the "fees" go up.

Hate to say it folks but I doubt an online petition is going to convince them of anything... We went through this back when they took the navdata DAFIF file down too - nothing helped. Amazing how we pay for the creation of this stuff with our tax dollars and then they just take it away though... no reason this shouldn't be public.
Pessimism much?Did you even bother to sign it?Ryan, I legitimately feel that if we get enough of a movement, we really can get this issue resolved.