Sign in to follow this  
MikeT707

Microsoft Flight: Hawaii Only

I wished for years ( been simming since 1980) that ms would have a dialog with us-and they did with FSX.Didn't go so well-I personally have been blushing since.....

Let's see this in a different way.Maybe Flight will be Hawaii-only, but Flight 2 might cover The rest of the US. Then maybe Flight 3 will cover Europe, 4 will cover Asia and Pacific and 5 will cover Africa.Just a thought.

So according to Mathijs 10Gb forNot according to Mathijs....7GB for the rest of the world seems to be right to him.....10 times more for XP-10....what's the catch?
Mathijs has a vested financial interest in XP10 and has made his opinions on Flight clear.Perhaps he's not the best source for "unbiased" analysis of Flight?

O no you mean it would take 20 years to fly in africa at a computer ohh nooo!
Well FS didn't cover all of the US until version 2...Maybe Flight will progress in a similar way.

Well FS didn't cover all of the US until version 2...Maybe Flight will progress in a similar way.
These days, that's not even logical.

Brandon Filer

These days, that's not even logical.
It could be if they're doing it in extremely high detail.

Mathijs has a vested financial interest in XP10 and has made his opinions on Flight clear.Perhaps he's not the best source for "unbiased" analysis of Flight?
Mathijs will go where the money is, as a major publisher of addons I think he knows what's best for his business, it's not like he was not supporting FSX and XP-9 at the same time before, so he can surely do the same again with XP-10 and Flight IF money there is to be made with Flight for his company.The facts still stand as Flight been 10GB and XP-10 at 70GB, and if Mathijs said that Hawaii look like it's 3GB by itself I can't see why he will be lying, lets say he's off by 1GB the rest of the world will have to share 8GB.....we can all see how detailed Hawaii is right, so does spending 2 > 3GB on Hawaii sound off to you?

No, because the base program, such as planes, is part of that value and wouldn't need to be repeated.

No, because the base program, such as planes, is part of that value and wouldn't need to be repeated.
No what? I don't understand....

No, spending 2 > 3GB on Hawaii does not sound off to me.

Flight IMO will be no global at all.It will have only few sceneries , 2-3 props planes and no ATC, no Weather Management no simulation aspect at all. It's gonna be a pure arcade.I just hope that within 2-3 years some third party software houses will produce some sort of add ons for it, this is the only hope.Told that, FSX + a bunch of addons will still rule for the next coming years for sure.-

Mark,Where are you getting your information from? Have you read any of the monthly updates from MS?

Mark,Where are you getting your information from? Have you read any of the monthly updates from MS?
Many have read .. and still conclude what Mark as concluded. There will be those that will not even believe what you tell them Flight is all about, even after it releases.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.