Sign in to follow this  
MikeT707

Microsoft Flight: Hawaii Only

Lets all step back and remember that all that is in this thread is fact-less speculation. It's fun to speculate. Just don't take what you read and what people are posting to be true.I heard that since Flight will only be in Hawaii at launch that it will include historical missions as well. The player will be able to interact with historical mission that took place out of the Hawaiian Islands.

I heard that since Flight will only be in Hawaii at launch that it will include historical missions as well. The player will be able to interact with historical mission that took place out of the Hawaiian Islands.
That's actually a really cool idea.

I hope you are right !!All of FS9 and FSX's jets have been pure crap.I think they should just work on one plane and try to get it right.Maybe a Cessna 172 that can actually fly properly.At least then, Flight might just be good for something.Real basic stuff for the punters.Surely by now, the programmers can get at least 1 flight model correct.I wouldn't bet on it though.All the screenshots so far look like FS9 with a bit of sharpening applied.
Feel free to stick with FS9 then.

All the screenshots so far look like FS9 with a bit of sharpening applied.
I thought it looks more like FSX with a bit of Hawaii applied.

I heard that since Flight will only be in Hawaii at launch that it will include historical missions as well. The player will be able to interact with historical mission that took place out of the Hawaiian Islands.
Any bets you won't be able to fly a Japanese torpedo bomber?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Any bets you won't be able to fly a Japanese torpedo bomber?
Think I'll save my money :)

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

That's actually a really cool idea.
Agreed, historical missions would be a very good idea to implement.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

As I was reading stuff on other forums I stumbled upon this post (#193) from Mathijs Kok .... http://forum.aerosof...w/page__st__160The default world scenery for X-Plane will be around 70 Gb. Eight double layer dvd's!And MS Flight is aimed for download delivery so it will have to be under 5 Gb as that's what MS feels is reasonable. Now if you have seen the great shots for Hawaii you are looking at 3 Gb of data. Makes you wonder, right?I know that everything somebody can say is ALWAYS pure speculations but how can he tell what MS feels is reasonable (don't answer that as I already know the answer) just by looking at pics. (unless he as info. not yet released...ph34r.png) and it will be via download, like Mathijs said "Make you wonder, right?"X-plane will be 70GB (and that's only default) as of Flight been what ....10GB.. so if I follow Mathijs the rest of Flight's world will be 7 GB.....Clown.gifYou "wanna" write your Christmas list for Flight now...."Dear Santa, it will be awesome if I can get Flight's South Africa under the tree Christmas eve"....

6 DVDs and correct, 10 GB of hd space. Kind of like Flight for the entire world.

So according to Mathijs 10Gb for

6 DVDs and correct, 10 GB of hd space. Kind of like Flight for the entire world.
Not according to Mathijs....7GB for the rest of the world seems to be right to him.....10 times more for XP-10....what's the catch?

That's quite easy, guys.MF default with Hawaii only - $74.99...add North America + $29.99...add Europe + 29.99...add Asia and Pacific + 49.99OR...the publisher such as Flight Global, Megascenery or UT will take of the rest.
I've been at this since the early 80s. I'm sort of getting tired of the days of treating Flight Sim like a train set. I'd really be willing to pay for something complete and not something that will nickle and dime me til the end of time as I add a plane here and a scenery there to make it look good.Its scaring me we've seen nothing outside of Hawaii that I'm aware of. Commercial aircraft are my primary interests and I have yet to see anything promising in that regard! Worried.gifCome on MS, show me the money! or...the whatever.

Chris Hicks

Maybe the person you are putting your trust in has no idea either, just like the rest of us.

Thanks for the extensive explanations Mike. I can understand why you look at it this way. However, I still don't understand how it could be an obligation for Micrososft to show us more than they have now. It is their project and they decide what is ready to go out in the open. Why is that so hard to understand? Customer relations are important, as is marketing research. But in the end the it is creator of a product who determines what the product is going to contain and when and how previews are shown to the public. What are we going to do if they don't give us more info on Flight? Punish them by not buying it? Lol, like they do care. We're a very, very small percentage of the targetmarket.
The point that I made originally was not that MS is obligated to tell us anything. It is their project and their product and they can do whatever they want, heck they could even show us the magic screenie again if they wanted to. The point I am making is after so many months beyond the initial announcement in the summer of 2010, I believe they should give this community of fairly sophisticated and loyal customers the courtesy of whether or not we will be able to fly a large jet cross-continent or if we just get to fly a single engine prop around the stunning visuals of Flight. Hope they will do that, however, with the "exciting" announcement they have in store for us next month.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.