Sign in to follow this  
fsxkitty

Evidence that Flight will NOT be Hawaii-only!

In the October news where they talk about missions, it quotes: "Of course, players can always choose to fly freely without guidance in order to simply enjoy the beauty of the world..."Notice the word "WORLD". Hawaii is not the world!I hope Hawaii skeptics can now shut up. angry.png

Maybe they meant the game-world, which could still be Hawaii only ;)

Maybe they meant the game-world, which could still be Hawaii only ;)
I doubt it.Just Kidding.gif

Yes but notice it also says WITHOUT guidance... I take this to mean there will be no GPS or navigation ohmy.png

Well, okay... now simply show us some pics of NYC, Paris, London, Hong Kong, The Alps, Grand Canyon, The Andes or the Himalayas...Your point is no more evidence that FLIGHT will be a global sim, than it isn't...The phrase "the beauty of the world..." can be taken to mean nearly anything...Shakespeare use the quote to describe all things beautiful both great and small, he implied nothing more than the things were of this world, which Hawaii is... so technically speaking in all...To rob another Shakespeare quote "from the quintessence of dust"...My point as well as many others is very simple...Just show us some evidence that FLIGHT is a global sim, pics of something outside Hawaii will be all we need...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Yes but notice it also says WITHOUT guidance... I take this to mean there will be no GPS or navigation ohmy.png
Players can also fly FREELY...that does not mean there will be no GPS or navigation.

Brandon Filer

Well ok, now simply show us where MS has said that Flight is going to be Hawaii only. Oh wait, you can't.How many planes have you seen? Does that mean those are the only planes that will be included?

Players can also fly FREELY...that does not mean there will be no GPS or navigation.
Doh.gif LOL.. yes... they can fly for free without guidance; navigation and GPS will cost extra...

Well ok, now simply show us where MS has said that Flight is going to be Hawaii only. Oh wait, you can't.
No... just 900 pics of Hawaii and nothing more... If there are other parts to FLIGHT then MS can simply post a pic to prove us wrong, perhaps they will or maybe they can't and for a good reason...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

I think "without guidance" means without instructions, no objectives etc.
Well ok, now simply show us where MS has said that Flight is going to be Hawaii only. Oh wait, you can't.How many planes have you seen? Does that mean those are the only planes that will be included?
I'm glad someone's on my side.

I think "without guidance" means without instructions, no objectives etc.
Sorry I thought it would be obvious I was being sarcastic. Apparently not blush.png

I'm sure they mean "free-flight" and I didn't know we were taking sides... thought we all wanted to see MS FLIGHT be the greatest sim ever?

Guest HowardHughes
Well, okay... now simply show us some pics of NYC, Paris, London, Hong Kong, The Alps, Grand Canyon, The Andes or the Himalayas...Your point is no more evidence that FLIGHT will be a global sim, than it isn't...The phrase "the beauty of the world..." can be taken to mean nearly anything...Shakespeare use the quote to describe all things beautiful both great and small, he implied nothing more than the things were of this world, which Hawaii is... so technically speaking in all...To rob another Shakespeare quote "from the quintessence of dust"...My point as well as many others is very simple...Just show us some evidence that FLIGHT is a global sim, pics of something outside Hawaii will be all we need...
Well X plane 10, as far as I'm aware, hasn't shown any screenshots from England.I take it this means that XP10 doesn't feature England? I imagine it will be released as a payware add-on.Your comparison with Shakespeare quotes is utterly ridiculous.

No... just 900 pics of Hawaii and nothing more...If there are other parts to FLIGHT then MS can simply post a pic to prove us wrong, perhaps they will or maybe they can't and for a good reason...
Or maybe they can and choose not to. They could care less about proving you wrong.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.