Sign in to follow this  
fsxkitty

Evidence that Flight will NOT be Hawaii-only!

So many people that could not put two and two together criticizing those who could. I guess it can make one feel quite intelligent and above it all to have faith in ms taking care of their flight simming needs and disregarding those that thought something was up with how ms kept things so secretive.

So many people that could not put two and two together criticizing those who could. I guess it can make one feel quite intelligent and above it all to have faith in ms taking care of their flight simming needs and disregarding those that thought something was up with how ms kept things so secretive.
:(

:(
Alain, by the way, you were right about so much. Thought I would be the first to say. Well, actually the second, I think you were the first to say you were right.Nice hat. :)

Alain, by the way, you were right about so much. Thought I would be the first to say. Well, actually the second, I think you were the first to say you were right.Nice hat. :)
Well, thank you Liz, there is more to the Flight's story, a lot more to come but I'm done planting clues and hints in forums, some will still say that i was just plain lucky with what I said and I was just guessing from the get go, if that can make them feel better it's fine with me, and since THEY did not have a source to draw from we saw human nature at its best with name calling and more....so lets Tom do the talking from now on.

Looks like some of those conclusions weren't so ill-founded after all.
Yup.... lots of people ignored all the evidence to ridicule those of us telling them this was not looking good...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hey, I heard for 50 bucks you could expand FLIGHT to the Johnston Atolls. In hindsight, I am amazed at what an optimist I still am at 56 years old. Right up until this morning I was holding out hope for flight. The evidence was staring us in the face. I'm also amazed how disappointed I can still become.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Well, thank you Liz, there is more to the Flight's story, a lot more to come but I'm done planting clues and hints in forums, some will still say that i was just plain lucky with what I said and I was just guessing from the get go,
Alain, you still missed the boat in many respects. It's even worse than your most dire predictions. At this point I don't honestly care any longer, but having now actually SEEN the GORY (no, I didn't mispell that word), I now feel as though I need to perform an exorcism on my flightsim rig... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Alain, you still missed the boat in many respects. It's even worse than your most dire predictions. At this point I don't honestly care any longer, but having now actually SEEN the GORY (no, I didn't mispell that word), I now feel as though I need to perform an exorcism on my flightsim rig... :(
I could not tell to much without burning my bridges, I also gave my word and I was not about to break it so forgive me for not been able to tell everything as I would have liked to, I don't care if you still think all of that was just predictions on my part... human nature I guess..Count me in the "I don't honestly care any longer" group for other reasons then yours, Tom will do the talking starting next week.No hard feeling Bill, you still one of my favorate.... :(

I'm just loving some of these older threads that are being resurrected now. My brain said, "it won't just be Hawaii, etc," but my gob said,"brain, keep your, err... gob shut."Now, everyone who got it right, can you please list your lottery numbers?

Edited by tipitout

Regards,

PD

I'm just loving some of these older threads that are being resurrected now. My brain said, "it won't just be Hawaii, etc," but my gob said,"brain, keep your, er... gob shut."Now, everyone who got it right, can you please list your lottery numbers?
Some of us just couldn't fathom that the good will would be squandered so readily. We were in denial. While those "in the know" could be quite smug about it at times, they did take a lashing (human nature and all of that).Lesson: yes, smoke and fire are connected.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Now, everyone who got it right, can you please list your lottery numbers?
It's not like we're clairvoyant. The evidence was clear as day for anybody willing to consider it.

It's not like we're clairvoyant. The evidence was clear as day for anybody willing to consider it.
Oh, in retrospect it is "clear as day." But, you weren't around FS as long as most of us developers have been, so you were never issued the official "Microsoft Rose Colored Glasses" that we received.Seriously, Microsoft/ACES actively engaged with us developers so much that we were made to feel almost as though we had become part of the "team" so to speak. Hell, they hosted two "Developer Conferences" where we were literally "wined and dined" and made to feel like beloved visiting cousins, favorite uncles and aunts!For that matter, some of us even contributed significant amounts of our own proprietary code and unique developments to MS/ACES in a sincere belief that it was for the betterment of the sim for everyone. Much of that appeared in SP1, SP2 and Acceleration.So, quite naturally we were highly supportive of this new-fangled "Flight," since we had no reason to suspect that we would ultimately be shat upon by the PTB (Powers That Be)...

Fr. Bill    

So, quite naturally we were highly supportive of this new-fangled "Flight," since we had no reason to suspect that we would ultimately be shat upon by the PTB (Powers That Be)...
Bill,Is there a chance history repeats itself?

Bill,Is there a chance history repeats itself?
Not for me at least. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. MS had their chance, but have forever poisoned the well with this piece of utter drek, and the way they pretty much had "us" bent over forwards, figuratively speaking.

Fr. Bill    

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.