Sign in to follow this  
Flight Sim Geek

Which Control Yoke

I had an older CH Yoke (gameport) and thought the stickiness was awful. I used silicon spray but it didn't last long enough.I currently have the Saitek. I like it. It does, also, stick a bit when making fine corrections, but not nearly as much as the CH did.Regarding the center detent: it bothered me until a few weeks ago when I went flying. The Warrior I flew had... much to my surprise... a dead zone. Never noticed it before, but the detent on the yoke doesn't bother me any more. That said, I'd still prefer it if it wasn't there.I like the throttle quadrant too, though there isn't enough friction.Overall good stuff though.

I like the throttle quadrant too, though there isn't enough friction.
Agree entirely. I wish there was.

To add friction to the throttle quadrant, spray some of aforementioned spray lubricant in it. I know it sounds like it should make it even more loose but it tightes it up. That's my experience. You can open up the Saitek yoke and remove one or both springs to get rid of the detnet. Search internet for directions. I did this for a very short time--didn't like the loss of any kind of force. I would rather have a little spring force when I pull back and then trim to center.

I had an older CH Yoke (gameport) and thought the stickiness was awful. I used silicon spray but it didn't last long enough.
Lithium White Grease works just fine, is inexpensive, and lasts a long time.

Bert

Saitek for sure. Had the CH-one, replaced with the Saitek, never regretted it.Would like to upgrade one day to a fancy PFC yoke, but given the large difference in price, I think the Saitek is the best you can get.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I love Saitek but had a bad experience with them on the yoke. I got the yoke and loaded it up with the instrument panels. Flying became more of a battle with the yoke that anything else. Finally, I discovered the instrument panels were causing stutters. Right now the yoke is gutted so I can use it's throttle quadrant. The instrument panels are collecting dust but when I have time I'm going to take another look at them.I tried the CH ones at the flight training lab at my college and they er, have good vacuum if you know what I mean :)Next time I'm going with those fancy $500 special made ones. Precision flight? Don't remember who makes them but they really look good.