Sign in to follow this  
DamianSharpe

The Beta is Coming!

Of course add-ons made for FSX can be converted to be used in Flight AFTER they have been uploaded to the WindowsMarketplace and sold to you again, no 3RD party developers will make their existing add-ons compatible for Flight for free, Aerosoft is doing the same thing with their airports for XP-10 ....Orbx is also making their add-ons compatible for Prepar3D...all of this for a fee.My 2 cents, WindowsMarketplace = brand new add-ons.Below is the DiRT 2 Access All Areas Pack, can this be done for Flight.....?? http://marketplace.x...cf-0001434d0819Make the whole world your off-road playground with the Access All Areas Pack! Unlock all 41 tracks playing host to 100 events. Which include entry into exclusive X-Games events in LA, London and Tokyo. Pick your ride, then go anywhere on the World Tour as you compete against stars like Ken Block, Travis Pastrana and Dave Mirra as you experience the ultimate in adrenaline-fuelled off-road racing. NOTE: All content made available via the purchase of this DLC can be unlocked through normal gameplay. (Requires DiRT2 game disc) There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.DISCLAIMER: THE EXAMPLE ABOVE IS NOT TO COMPARE DIRT2 TO FLIGHT BUT ONLY TO SHOW THAT SEPERATE AREAS CAN ALSO BE SOLD FOR FLIGHT...Clown.gif
I'm sure thinking like that, Microsoft could make you pay a dollar when you're asking to land to an airport that you didn't buy it in a first place on a "All North American Airports Pack"

I'm sure thinking like that, Microsoft could make you pay a dollar when you're asking to land to an airport that you didn't buy it in a first place on a "All North American Airports Pack"
Yeah! I see what you mean, somebody told me that you'll have to pay for the little bag of peanuts if you don't fly first class....

Of course add-ons made for FSX can be converted to be used in Flight AFTER they have been uploaded to the WindowsMarketplace and sold to you again, no 3RD party developers will make their existing add-ons compatible for Flight for free, Aerosoft is doing the same thing with their airports for XP-10 ....Orbx is also making their add-ons compatible for Prepar3D...all of this for a fee.My 2 cents, WindowsMarketplace = brand new add-ons.
Avsim, brand new Flight add-ons FREE Yawn.gif

Please refrain to give MS ideas to be eventually applied in Flight, you seem to be not a beta authorized.Then I bet there will be no such a big pack, only single small airports at $29,90 each, a year after the release at least.

A recent industry report from Gartner Research suggests "many independent software vendors (ISVs) are unlikely to support new versions of applications on Windows XP in 2011; in 2012, it will become common." And it may stifle access to hardware innovation: Gartner Research further notes that in 2012, most PC hardware OEMs will stop supporting Windows XP on the majority of their new PC models.So, it beggars the question, why have MS created Flight to run on XP, if it will be a defunct OS in 18 months time, and OEM's won't support that version as of now???Cheerz. Transport Steve.

Because OS continue to be used LONG after support has ended. Many archive drivers and many web site do the same.Then when hardware changes make an OS obsolete users upgrade their OS.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.