Sign in to follow this  
Reason

The fate of FS9

Guest venustus01

Fs9 will still be "alive and kicking" on my machine for a long time!!!im%20Not%20Worthy.gifim Not Worthy.gif

Sorry for bringing back the topic since it is simply an old repetition. Well I should stop whining like Paris Hilton then.. though, all I ask is a decent T7 for fs9 for the last time, and its should be released by you know who. The rest, like all good things, they should move on and be replaced. Yes it is about spending more cash to build a new rig and various add ons, problems solved. the fs9's - pmdg -T7 is all I (we?) want. Can someone show me links (interviews with a developer) about this T7 and fs9 release?Thank you.Regards,Prabowo

Can someone show me links
Sorry mate but I am afraid nobody will do a thorough search thorugh all the PMDG subforum just to suggest some links for you to click.At the same time you can personally do it with success and you will find exactly what you need.What most of us base our knowledge on is collective infor we read or hear here and there for a long time. I don't think people take notes of that, at least I don't.There is also a great SEARCH option in AVSIM forums. To demonstrate how good it is I have made a demo for you:http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2151253wink.png

Let me save you that search and break your heart. A PMDG 777 will NEVER happen for FS9. I guarantee it with every fibre of my being (just to get a little poetic).Cheers, SLuggy

Sorry mate but I am afraid nobody will do a thorough search thorugh all the PMDG subforum just to suggest some links for you to click.At the same time you can personally do it with success and you will find exactly what you need.What most of us base our knowledge on is collective infor we read or hear here and there for a long time. I don't think people take notes of that, at least I don't.There is also a great SEARCH option in AVSIM forums. To demonstrate how good it is I have made a demo for you:http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2151253wink.png
Sir yes sir. Thanx You've been very helpful. There will be no T7 bird released from pmdg.So ends the thread. (holding a glock to the side of the head)

Fs9 will still be "alive and kicking" on my machine for a long time!!!im%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gif
Yup! It will on my PC as well.
Sorry for bringing back the topic since it is simply an old repetition. Well I should stop whining like Paris Hilton then.. though, all I ask is a decent T7 for fs9 for the last time, and its should be released by you know who. The rest, like all good things, they should move on and be replaced. Yes it is about spending more cash to build a new rig and various add ons, problems solved. the fs9's - pmdg -T7 is all I (we?) want. Can someone show me links (interviews with a developer) about this T7 and fs9 release?Thank you.Regards,Prabowo
Sir yes sir. Thanx You've been very helpful. There will be no T7 bird released from pmdg.So ends the thread. (holding a glock to the side of the head)
PMDG will not be making a 777 - they've completely dropped FS9 development and they're pretty adamant about that. But no reason to despair - its just an FS add-on in the end, and FS9 has so many wonderful and realistic planes to fly in it.You want a nice 777 for FS9 - try the PSS one (http://www.justfligh...CFUUPfAodVUWHSg).Its quite good and with the VC textures update (http://forum.avsim.n...ew-vc-textures/) its even nicer.If you want external model eye candy, use the POSKY 777.

I have both FS9 and FSX installed. FS9 is my main sim, because it can give me everything I want at good frames. FSX cant on my current rig, but when I get a new rig someday, I get to start from scratch with FSX and all that is out there, so it will be a new sim for me. I will buy Flight, if it is a continuation of what we have, and not some limited gamey nonsense. X-Plane almost had me, but the long load times, generic graphics and ridiculous price have nixed it.

FS9 will be around for years, dont worry about that. I actually just got FS9 running perfectly after uninstalling FSX, with REX/Zinneteks water/and pay/freeware airports its looks good enough for me.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Hello!Thought I would throw my opinion into the mix, so here goes...Unlike many, I never got bit by the "Airliner" bug and quite honestly don't have much interest towards it. I guess I'm a GA pilot at heart, just cruising around in smaller aircraft.For me, FS9 is more than enough to keep me satisfied considering I'm still using a single core machine, and I've been able to tweak it to where it runs very smoothly with all of the slidersset to the right side of the scale.Of course, I don't have the mega extensive airports like many of you have, or the very intensive jetliners that are out there, like PMDG, CaptainSim, etc. but for my "virtual" world it works for me.I think that FS9 has tons of life left in it, and it's the ideal platform for users that have an older rig or for those who don't have the horsepower under the hood to use FSX.Sure, I'd like to have the neatest and coolest stuff out on the market right now (ORBX, etc.) but sometimes you have to make do with what you have.After all, it's the experience that counts; using the imagination can go a long way as well!Alan :(

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Yup! It will on my PC as well.PMDG will not be making a 777 - they've completely dropped FS9 development and they're pretty adamant about that. But no reason to despair - its just an FS add-on in the end, and FS9 has so many wonderful and realistic planes to fly in it.You want a nice 777 for FS9 - try the PSS one (http://www.justfligh...CFUUPfAodVUWHSg).Its quite good and with the VC textures update (http://forum.avsim.n...ew-vc-textures/) its even nicer.If you want external model eye candy, use the POSKY 777.
Thank you. I read in a forum that with that should work especially when we merge them, tweak them, they should be flyable. Thanx again.
FS9 will be around for years, dont worry about that. I actually just got FS9 running perfectly after uninstalling FSX, with REX/Zinneteks water/and pay/freeware airports its looks good enough for me.
Hello!Thought I would throw my opinion into the mix, so here goes...Unlike many, I never got bit by the "Airliner" bug and quite honestly don't have much interest towards it. I guess I'm a GA pilot at heart, just cruising around in smaller aircraft.For me, FS9 is more than enough to keep me satisfied considering I'm still using a single core machine, and I've been able to tweak it to where it runs very smoothly with all of the slidersset to the right side of the scale.Of course, I don't have the mega extensive airports like many of you have, or the very intensive jetliners that are out there, like PMDG, CaptainSim, etc. but for my "virtual" world it works for me.I think that FS9 has tons of life left in it, and it's the ideal platform for users that have an older rig or for those who don't have the horsepower under the hood to use FSX.Sure, I'd like to have the neatest and coolest stuff out on the market right now (ORBX, etc.) but sometimes you have to make do with what you have.After all, it's the experience that counts; using the imagination can go a long way as well!Alan smile.png
I once had the single core as well, was a humble rig, but fs9 just served me well. I agree that imagination is all we need, it is a good point.
Same here. Rex, Zinertek water advance, a decent weather engine, some Aerosoft Airports, an "haute avions" and so the list goes... But this this 777 is hard to resist, can't stand for years head without it

My system currently is the i7 2700k sandy brigde overclocked to 4.8 ghz with etc....etc...My point is this, it doesn't matter what set up you have its what YOU perfer.I use fs2004 only.Although, I have installed FSX several times, which I don't think it lasted the longest of a week before I removed it from the hardrive.Fs9 does it for me ,I don't have to turn off settings like shadows or other options that others do just to get my system run a sim like FSX in large airports.Anybody can learn how to make fs9 look more real if you just spend some time reading and trying new things out .Its not magic anybody can create it is all up to you.So if you want a 777 for fs9 make one or get into things like forums/groups that talk about how to make aircraft.We are the only thing holding us back from having what we want in life.

My system currently is the i7 2700k sandy brigde overclocked to 4.8 ghz with etc....etc...My point is this, it doesn't matter what set up you have its what YOU perfer.I use fs2004 only.Although, I have installed FSX several times, which I don't think it lasted the longest of a week before I removed it from the hardrive.Fs9 does it for me ,I don't have to turn off settings like shadows or other options that others do just to get my system run a sim like FSX in large airports.Anybody can learn how to make fs9 look more real if you just spend some time reading and trying new things out .Its not magic anybody can create it is all up to you.So if you want a 777 for fs9 make one or get into things like forums/groups that talk about how to make aircraft.We are the only thing holding us back from having what we want in life.
Eureka.. couldn't agreee much much much more.Well mate, I got 30-35 fps (locked 35) at EGLL Mega Airport 2008 with 100% woai traffic, REX, ASE, Zinertek Water adv, Douglas eleven and antialiasing on both from fs9 display setting and my 9800gt's setting. What I'd like to say is, I dont mind being the last person on earth flying with fs9. It's just the bird i am waiting for which is unlikely to be released. to me, fs9 is pmdg itself. (wow, they should pay me for my last line)
Most IVAO pilots are still using FS2004... remember a few months ago:http://forum.avsim.n...irthday-fs2004/Happy flying ! cool.png
Thanx for the link.

to me, fs9 is pmdg itself
And that may be your problem. Many PMDG fans went to FSX with them (for 737NGX mostly, I guess).I also like and use PMDG planes (744 and MD-11) but for me flightsimming is much more than just that.I have many other gorgeous aircraft working great in FS9 and that keeps me more busy than I can handle, lol.As for my 737NG needs, iFly is more than enough, especially with the awesome Feature Pack to come soon.

And that may be your problem. Many PMDG fans went to FSX with them (for 737NGX mostly, I guess).I also like and use PMDG planes (744 and MD-11) but flightsimming for me is much more than just that.I have many other gorgeous aircraft working great in FS9 and that keeps me more busy than I can handle, lol.As for my 737NG needs, iFly is more than enough to me, especially with the Feature Pack to come soon.
iFly is just fine I agree (not the 747 thou IMO). I fly the MD too, in fact, since it was released, been flying to all SwissAir routes.Well guess I have to learn the power to let go... you know what the similarity between MD11s and FS9 is?they are about to extinct.