Sign in to follow this  
M_Sauce

Procedures for Queenstown, NZ

Did a bit more practice today, runway 05. Came in via Cardrona/Arrowtown. The tight turn onto base final at kelvyn Heights is a challenge for sure. Couple of errors you will notice in the screenshots, heading selector not set, and altitude not set correctly ? If anybody notices anything else wrong with my configuration, i am all ears.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

You should be selecting APP mode around that time. You don't seem to have a vnav path glide path on your PFD, but your ND shows you right on path, so everything seems to look fairly normal to me. You could probably open the speed window and bug Vref+5 based on the wind in your ND.I normally set field elevation in the MCP, rounded up. So you would set 1200ft there once you are cleared for the approach (1137 is field elevation in FSX for NZQN). As long as you check your altitude restrictions in the VNAV page during your briefing, the VNAV will protect you during your descent and meet all the requirements. A friend of mine who flies the NG told me that is what Alaska sets for their RNAV approaches. They bug missed approach height right after going missed approach.Single cue FD is interesting, never seen a Boeing that uses it. I know it is customer configurable, but I've yet to see one that opts for it. Interesting to find out about why your PFD is missing the VNAV pointer. I'm not rated on the NG, so maybe someone who is can explain why (or at least someone who has read the manual).

Edited by M_Sauce

What are most dialing in their minimums to for RWY 23 and 05 ?

Edited by Voj

DA(H) of 2455ft Barometric for an RNP of 0.30 to Rwy 23.DA(H) of 2361ft Barometric for an RNP of 0.30 to Rwy 05.Ash Frew.

Edit is time-limited...not sure for how long

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Hi Mariano, eventually got around to downloading your files and did the manual install. I managed a RW23 landing - Wow! I'm going to have to spend some more time on this but just wanted to say thanks for all your efforts. All I need now is an ANZ livery - I've been using the 700 Virgin Blue.

Glad you are enjoying, I really can't wait for FTX's add-on for NZQN. It will really make the experience even better. My favorite is running a shuttle between NZQN and the nearby airports. I have even made some fictional RNAV procedures for NZMC (Mt. Cook) to get in and out of the tiny airport. I've only managed it in the 700 or 600 because the runway is just too narrow to turn around anything larger. I am currently working on the RNAV/RNP procedures for PAKT. Will be doing all the Alaskan airports with Alaska service which are covered by FTX. I can't wait till their Alaska add-on comes out, it really is a great place to fly in with the NGX.

Hi Mariano, eventually got around to downloading your files and did the manual install. I managed a RW23 landing - Wow! I'm going to have to spend some more time on this but just wanted to say thanks for all your efforts. All I need now is an ANZ livery - I've been using the 700 Virgin Blue.
Hi Tom,There is an ANZ 700 livery for the NGX, created by John O'Duffy. I can't find the corresponding post in this forum right now, but search the Avsim file library for the filename "pmdg_737ngx_700wl_jkx_anz300.zip", you should find it there. In fact, if you do an extended Avsim file library search using the keyword "Duffy" in the author field, you'll find more repaints by John for the PMDG NGX, such as Air Pacific.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

At NZDN waiting for an early start to NZQNfsx2012022818023561.jpg

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

you'll find more repaints by John for the PMDG NGX
Thanks for the plug Emile and Jake, yes i caught the repaint bug quite bad for a while there and did 30 or so NGX repaints, mostly Oceania and middle east airlines that weren't being done by others. But if you're off to check out Alaska and such check out repaints by 'Marcelo Fabian Veneziale' (on AVSIM) especially his Alaska 'Wild Seafood' one, quite some of the best NGX repaints of all imho.

At NZDN waiting for an early start to NZQN
Jake, which airport scenery is this ?

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Hi Emile,This is FTX NZSI. I don't know how realistic it is, never having been there :) This is bog-standard with no additional scenery. It's the standard of most large(ish) fields in NZSI. I'm hoping they are going to do a number on NZDN and NZQN the way they have with the Au and PNW/CRM airportsBestJake

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Oops, I forgot :) I have GSX. That's why there's lots of vehicles. The FTX stuff has vehicles too...BestJake

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Hi Emile,This is FTX NZSI. I don't know how realistic it is, never having been there :)This is bog-standard with no additional scenery. It's the standard of most large(ish) fields in NZSI. I'm hoping they are going to do a number on NZDN and NZQN the way they have with the Au and PNW/CRM airportsBestJake
Hi Jake,Thanks for that. I too have a situation saved ready for a NZDN-NZQN flight, but my NZDN is the default FSX one. By comparison and even allowing for the additional GSX vehicles, the FTX airport rendition is stunning ! I've already got FTX Australia and it certainly looks like I should now get their NZSI as well. Fingers crossed that they will eventually do the North Island (where I live). Yes I agree, some additional airport scenery - especially NZQN - would be great, too. I have ORBX's Melbourne which is quite marvellous.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.