Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Microsoft FLIGHT News

Ahhhhhhh.....too bad those dreams and rumers(sp).

Ahhhhhhh,That means I will be using.Fs.2004 80% all aircraftFSX 10% GA aircraft.Flight 3-Looking glass studioes 10% all aircraft.Lars Peter.

Hello all,My first post on AVSIM. I got into flight sim about a month ago, purely by fluke. Ii was looking at going on the flight experience simulator in Adelaide when I came across footage of FSX on YouTube.I assumed that this was a cutting edge brand new game and rushed out to buy it. I was more than a little surprised to find that it is nearly 6 years old!Anyway that was my introduction and here is my thoughts on FLIGHT.I cannot for one second believe that it could be limited to one Pacific island. Surely the development of a game means at least progress from the previous one. That said FLIGHT is not a sequel to FSX but a re-birth of the flight sim genre.If MS are aiming at a new market, for example 13-20 year olds who like to fly fast and shoot stuff, the kind of people who realism is a barrier when it comes to enjoyment, then Hawaii only is probably the best option. Limited world, HD graphics, heavily mission based. Therefore MS will gain a new customer base.Then expect to see FLIGHT II LAX bombing raids!!! Followed by yearly releases.If MS want to retain the more mature 'simmers' then they would be mad not to make it a whole world game. I don't really do short flights, unless it is when I am short on time and generally I do a quick touch and go circuit, but given time I will do a medium to long haul flight. That is where my enjoyment is and I have no intention of upgrading to FLIGHT if it is Hawaii only.In conclusion.I will buy FLIGHT if it is whole world.If not then I will probably take a serious look at upgrading FSX further or X-Plane 10.Anyways, nice to meet you all.Dave

Guest jahman

FLIGHT could be both "Hawaii only" (out of the box) and "Whole World" at the same time (via scenery add-ons).Cheers,- jahman.

I think you guys are reading a bit too much between the lines.If it was Hawaii only don't you expect it would be more accurate in all aspects?The reason that we have Addon developers is because the ACES team (In respect to FSX) Obviously didn't have the time to plot The world in mm accuracy. And so these addon developers are able to focus and enhance limited areas of space.So with that being said If the game was Hawaii specific, I think the Flight team would have way more time to focus on the nooks and crannies of Hawaii and get everything visually right, but looking at the photos they have posted, there are minor differences (Same as any other Game) that were expected when creating a game of this magnitude.That is my 2c, and I am sorry if it doesn't add up

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I'll eat my rudder pedals if Flight doesn't have the base coverage of the whole world.

Guest jahman
I'll eat my rudder pedals if Flight doesn't have the base coverage of the whole world.
+1.Cheers,- jahman.

If it was Hawaii only don't you expect it would be more accurate in all aspects?
Good point.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I've been an optimist on this but:Aerosoft and orbx dont sound impressed. The orbx guy posted today that prepar3d v2 was the sim of the near future. I haven't heard any good news, there seems to be some negativite vibes even though its NDAs all round. So from the very small amount of info to be gleaned from people who should know id say this might not be our sim. Looking forward to finding out though. To be honest, if prepar3d v2 is fsx with a substantial improvement and a decent licence for home use, id probably be happy enough.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Aerosoft and orbx dont sound impressed. The orbx guy posted today that prepar3d v2 was the sim of the near future. I haven't heard any good news, there seems to be some negativite vibes even though its NDAs all round.
Aside from the "flightsim news website" folks,No NDAs have been offered, much less signed yet... Edited by n4gix

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Aerosoft and orbx dont sound impressed. The orbx guy posted today that prepar3d v2 was the sim of the near future. I haven't heard any good news, there seems to be some negativite vibes even though its NDAs all round. So from the very small amount of info to be gleaned from people who should know id say this might not be our sim.
Aerosoft and Orbx are companies who move lot of money, I am speaking about profit of million dollars, believe me or not.This kind of companies tend to put lot of attention into new possible gold deposits, so, if they already dropped Flight, there must be a reason......I agree, it is enough to look at big companies behaviour instead of hoping for Santa.

Aerosoft and Orbx are companies who move lot of money, I am speaking about profit of million dollars, believe me or not.This kind of companies tend to put lot of attention into new possible gold deposits, so, if they already dropped Flight, there must be a reason......I agree, it is enough to look at big companies behaviour instead of hoping for Santa.
They are just pi$$ing on Flight for some reason (cause Microsoft will sell addons??), and trying to move the users to prepare3d only because they are involved with it. I don't believe a single word from this people, orbx and aerosoft.

Guest jahman
FUD.Cheers,- jahman.

Yeah, ndas have been signed, read tom's post.The only hope i see is that flight is awesome and orbx and aerosoft just dont like it because they can't distribute their own software OR because it's different enough that their tech won't work.But i don't think so.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.