Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Microsoft FLIGHT News

Thanks for the update, Tom. Will be looking forward to any info you'll be able to provide in a few weeks.Merry Christmas everyone!

Ken

Looking forward to it Tom. I hope it's all good news. I don't like to speculate, but I must say that from what has been released so far, I'm very disappointed.
What are you disappointed with?

I'm not sure how much this has been discussed or even at all: ATC - ATC - ATC!!!The Air Traffic Control has to be amongst essentials:- Great separation of airplanes on approach at busy airports therefore perfect at any field. (Same on the ground)...- Great vectoring TIMELY and EFFICIENTLY from a perfect radius around the airport. (Good code for 'speed up to' or 'reduce speed to' etc, for avoiding uncalled go arounds with a maximum of AI traffic)...- Great communication accents according to different regions of the globe and 'countless' voice tones tuning ability for realism, not predictable same people voices everytime everywhere every flight...- Excellent use of holding patterns to complement and achieve that separation when sensing early on a potential conflict...- Priority of the way on ground operations...-Etc...*Overall 'perfect' ATC engine new programming code.Season grettingsKatan

What are you disappointed with?
I'm mainly disappointed with the marketing tactics used. All of the previews have been of only Hawaii leading to massive speculation. I have been asking myself why this is the case. It wouldn't make any sense for Flight to be Hawaii only since they are clearly building on the FSX platform and all of the data is there for the entire world. There is also enough evidence from this thread and others that Flight will include the whole world and with various aircraft. Maybe MS is using Hawaii as a platform to develop their new features for FS. Afterwards, they'll apply those new techniques to the world wide scenery. Either way, I'm disappointed that MS hasn't been more clear with what their intentions are and keeps releasing previews of only Hawaii. Of course I'm very patient and time will eventually answer everyone's questions.

wrong .. what use is life without passion? I believe that passion is what holds you together.
with out passion we would be still flying with polygon scenery.

I'm not sure how much this has been discussed or even at all: ATC - ATC - ATC!!!The Air Traffic Control has to be amongst essentials:- Great separation of airplanes on approach at busy airports therefore perfect at any field. (Same on the ground)...- Great vectoring TIMELY and EFFICIENTLY from a perfect radius around the airport. (Good code for 'speed up to' or 'reduce speed to' etc, for avoiding uncalled go arounds with a maximum of AI traffic)...- Great communication accents according to different regions of the globe and 'countless' voice tones tuning ability for realism, not predictable same people voices everytime everywhere every flight...- Excellent use of holding patterns to complement and achieve that separation when sensing early on a potential conflict...- Priority of the way on ground operations...-Etc...*Overall 'perfect' ATC engine new programming code.Season grettingsKatan
I doubt that they will change it much from FSX as they are trying to make it easier game to access for new players.

I doubt that they will change it much from FSX as they are trying to make it easier game to access for new players.
Then, that would be a big disappointment! Well hopefully some private developer will step up to the plate and do it the right way.If they really mean ''multi levels'' of gamers, I think likely the advanced simmer should have his deserved share...But!!! You may be right. Let's wait and see!

Why else would MS bother to invite the folks behind the forums of traditional simmers to the Flight news event?
Buy in?

I'm mainly disappointed with the marketing tactics used. All of the previews have been of only Hawaii leading to massive speculation.
I don't really know what else MS are supposed to do to keep people happy. Maybe they should have said absolutely nothing about the product and had no website or web presence at all until the day the product was actually on the store shelves. Whilst I am slightly disappointed myself that Flight has not thus far had the sort of exciting build-ups that we saw for FS2000 through to Century of Flight and FSX in particular, I feel sure there will be a lot of very happy simmers within 6 months and very few unhappy ones indeed.By the middle of next year, all this speculation will have all but been forgotten and anyone who won bets about Flight not covering anything other than a few islands in the middle of the Pacific or not having jets will be happily spending their winnings on official add-on content.

I don't really know what else MS are supposed to do to keep people happy. Maybe they should have said absolutely nothing about the product and had no website or web presence at all until the day the product was actually on the store shelves. Whilst I am slightly disappointed myself that Flight has not thus far had the sort of exciting build-ups that we saw for FS2000 through to Century of Flight and FSX in particular, I feel sure there will be a lot of very happy simmers within 6 months and very few unhappy ones indeed.By the middle of next year, all this speculation will have all but been forgotten and anyone who won bets about Flight not covering anything other than a few islands in the middle of the Pacific or not having jets will be happily spending their winnings on official add-on content.
+1

No post
Sorry to hear that Lars, we had a couple of late Christmas Cards through this morning. :(

Hello.No post means not that all is over.Christmas Cards are very good for every one. The original message was in short message, that Companies like Microsoft, could do better than asume by screenshots only, that new breaking software isgoing down the pipeline.that will only create rumers and theory speculaions,"whats next, Have it all or nothing". Happy Christmas.Have fun. Lars Peter.

Well.I give up.My message goes also to the Avsim leadership and staff,Do not create forum topics on flightsimulators, or any software not released,You are just creating dreams and a lot of rumers, To be or not to be...................Lars Peter.

That said; i'm not a pessimistic person.I hope there will be a great new simulatorIt is fun..Lars Peter

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.