Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Microsoft FLIGHT News

The dlc for fsx is ridiculously expensive to make because the market is small - 'what do you mean you spent 30 bucks for one airport!?!'If microsoft moves the dlc to a mass market, it would prove potentially cheaper. Probably for us, definitely for them, per unit.Interestinly, microsoft in the past has shown no evidence of being any good at plane or scenery design. Its strange how amateurs can make better planes and scenery than they can. Dont understand why they dont get more payware input, just for one or two areas and one or two planes (which i guess they did do a bit with acceleration).Anyway, fwiw really dont want microsoft taking control of dlc.Bill, if ur reading this: i know you dont run the place any more (so youve prbably got more time to hang on avsim)...tell the boys to keep it open, and make the sdk great. Thx!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

It's the 80/20 rule.It’s like a mass-market car against a hand-built Bentley.At least that's how I think it should be ;)

Hey, maybe someone who has signed a nda for flight could post its specs on wikileaks for us?:)
LOL......assuming the public beta survey is not a marketing maneuver only.......How can a 15 years old randomly chosen user produce a reliable point of view other than the very casual gamer one ? ...or is MS just aiming for that ? :(-

They are just pi$$ing on Flight for some reason (cause Microsoft will sell addons??), and trying to move the users to prepare3d only because they are involved with it. I don't believe a single word from this people, orbx and aerosoft.
Be careful what you say. My AVSIM account was suspended when I kind of said the same thing about ORBX as you did. I said that if ORBX was under NDA they shouldn't have talked about Flights features (or lack of) and if they were not under NDA they shouldn't have spread rumors because as major TPD they would have been taken seriously by the readers. In reply, the gentleman from ORBX threatened me with a lawsuit right here on the forums. I got banned from AVSIM for 30 days for those conversations that day.AVSIM might ban me for good for bringing this up again. Its AVSIM's prerogative to do so if they wish. But I will still say it again, IMHO what ORBX did was wrong. Let the censorship begin. I I will kick myself out. Ooouch. Happy New Year everyone.

Give it a rest because everything except what comes from MS is rumor.

Give it a rest because everything except what comes from MS is rumor.
I agree with you JSkorna, we will just wait and see.... thanks frankla, I know what happened to you and it wasn't your fault in my opinion.regards

Be careful what you say. My AVSIM account was suspended when I kind of said the same thing about ORBX as you did. I said that if ORBX was under NDA they shouldn't have talked about Flights features (or lack of) and if they were not under NDA they shouldn't have spread rumors because as major TPD they would have been taken seriously by the readers. In reply, the gentleman from ORBX threatened me with a lawsuit right here on the forums. I got banned from AVSIM for 30 days for those conversations that day.AVSIM might ban me for good for bringing this up again. Its AVSIM's prerogative to do so if they wish. But I will still say it again, IMHO what ORBX did was wrong. Let the censorship begin. I I will kick myself out. Ooouch. Happy New Year everyone.
Welcome back Frank, I'm with albx, I think David was to quick on the trigger, since then Aerosoft and Orbx took their Flight's thread down, probably just a coincidence.....

I came back to right my wrongs.

If it was Hawaii only don't you expect it would be more accurate in all aspects?
tumblr_lojul1hoB91qgzuxc.jpgI think we have a better chance of buying Mega Scenery Hawaii, and pretend we are up to date.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.