Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Microsoft FLIGHT News

Aerosoft and Orbx are companies who move lot of money, I am speaking about profit of million dollars, believe me or not.This kind of companies tend to put lot of attention into new possible gold deposits, so, if they already dropped Flight, there must be a reason......I agree, it is enough to look at big companies behaviour instead of hoping for Santa.
Who dropped who..??

False
I wasn't including the "newsie websites" in the above. I meant only developers...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yeah, ndas have been signed, read tom's post.
Good point, I've edited the post for clarity. I meant other than the group who signed NDAs for the "Press Viewing" the other week...Note aside from that rather select group, no one has actually claimed to have signed an NDA, but a few have "inferred obliquely" that they have...

Fr. Bill    

Yeah, ndas have been signed, read tom's post.The only hope i see is that flight is awesome and orbx and aerosoft just dont like it because they can't distribute their own software OR because it's different enough that their tech won't work.But i don't think so.
Way before that...way way before.....Aerosoft already stated that they are having a problem with MS (Flight) since they are a publishing house....new sceneries for FSX are released by the buckets right now and sales are going on all over the place as we speak, REX is at 50%...peoples are slowing down on spending their money for FSX's scenery until they see what Flight will be.....Is it possible that after MS saw what was done for FSX scenery by 3RD party developers that they decided to hire their own scenery developers?
I wasn't including the "newsie websites" in the above. I meant only developers...
I was not either, I meant developerS....
Good point, I've edited the post for clarity. I meant other than the group who signed NDAs for the "Press Viewing" the other week...Note aside from that rather select group, no one has actually claimed to have signed an NDA, but a few have "inferred obliquely" that they have...
They won't...

Is it possible that after MS saw what was done for FSX scenery by 3RD party developers that they decided to hire their own scenery developers?
Reading between the lines, I am wondering if that is indeed the case. Why would FSX be considered the "core platform for many years to come" by one of the leading FS addon developers when MS Flight is supposedly just around the corner?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

[/color]Why would FSX be considered the "core platform for many years to come" by one of the leading FS addon developers when MS Flight is supposedly just around the corner?
The answer is already into the question.If Orbx and Aerosoft put all of their fiches on FSX and if they state in a such public way their official opinion about the flight simulation future, well, they have already seen the poker hand.

Guest HowardHughes
The answer is already into the question.If Orbx and Aerosoft put all of their fiches on FSX and if they state in a such public way their official opinion about the flight simulation future, well, they have already seen the poker hand.
Rubbish. Both John Venema and Matthias Koch (SP) have stated that they have absolutely no idea what is going on with Flight. Their posts have been as speculative as everyone elses - and that's on their own word, not mine.

Rubbish. Both John Venema and Matthias Koch (SP) have stated that they have absolutely no idea what is going on with Flight. Their posts have been as speculative as everyone elses - and that's on their own word, not mine.
Since when, the day they took their Flight's thread down?

Way before that...way way before.....Aerosoft already stated that they are having a problem with MS (Flight) since they are a publishing house....new sceneries for FSX are released by the buckets right now and sales are going on all over the place as we speak, REX is at 50%...peoples are slowing down on spending their money for FSX's scenery until they see what Flight will be.....Is it possible that after MS saw what was done for FSX scenery by 3RD party developers that they decided to hire their own scenery developers?I was not either, I meant developerS....They won't...
Alain, those who have NOT signed an NDA are perfectly free to state that they have not. Those who have signed are not allowed to confirm or deny that they have. Obviously, since Tom et alia have stated that they had signed an NDA simply means that MS either omitted that clause from their otherwise boilerplate NDA, or granted a release of that restriction after they signed, much as they already have a bullet-pointed list of what they can describe when told it's now okay to do so.

Fr. Bill    

Where did either developer claim to have signed an NDA in regards to Flight? The only statements I can find are that they are uninterested in Flight from a business standpoint until an SDK is released.

Alain, those who have NOT signed an NDA are perfectly free to state that they have not. Those who have signed are not allowed to confirm or deny that they have. Obviously, since Tom et alia have stated that they had signed an NDA simply means that MS either omitted that clause from their otherwise boilerplate NDA, or granted a release of that restriction after they signed, much as they already have a bullet-pointed list of what they can describe when told it's now okay to do so.
Of course NDA from MS can't be breached, a U.S. Army intelligence analyst by the name of Bradley Manning leaked classified information to wikileaks but he was not working for MS was he....Refer to post # 11 http://forum.avsim.n...l-if-its-begun/

Of course NDA from MS can't be breached, a U.S. Army intelligence analyst by the name of Bradley Manning leaked classified information to wikileaks but he was not working for MS was he....Refer to post # 11 http://forum.avsim.n...l-if-its-begun/
Believe whatever you wish. It's probably a good thing you live in Ft. Liquordale......'cause my arm ain't long enough to reach... LOL.gif

Fr. Bill    

Believe whatever you wish. It's probably a good thing you live in Ft. Liquordale......'cause my arm ain't long enough to reach... LOL.gif
LOL...if you ever come to Ft. Liquordale PM me before and I'll have what ever you drink ready....(no tea ..please).

Hey, maybe someone who has signed a nda for flight could post its specs on wikileaks for us?:)John venena said yesterday he's signed an nda for prepar3d 2.0, an suggested it was the future sim but that he wasnt saying anything else. As fo who dropped who - i suspect a more closed software architecture and plans for in-house expansion packs, as mentioned above. That would be the smart business move, wouldnt it? I've spent about 2K on 'dlc' for fsx i would guess. MS made about 50 bucks from me.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

That would be the smart business move, wouldnt it? I've spent about 2K on 'dlc' for fsx i would guess.
;) IMO not at all. How much did that 2K worth of DLC cost to make?I think we'd all be surprised, because it ain't cheap...let alone if MS had made it instead.As you know It's only that margin that really counts....for a publisher.The level of authentic detail in default FS content, is limited not by talent but by cost.But I agree MS should and maybe will create some DLC.Most 3PD's would also gladly pay MS to help promote and distribute their own add-ons.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.