Sign in to follow this  
Wing

VoxATC Version 6

Anyone tried it? I would love some feedback. I've been looking for an ATC replacement for awhile and nothing seems to really be compelling enough to make me pull the trigger.

I was going to buy it, then I saw it was $100.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Put me off too Ron. So went for PFE Deluxe and Sound Pack.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Corsair Spec Omega Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, EVGA 850+ Gold PSU,Win 11 , Samsung 43 UHD TV, LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke System, Multi, Radio, Switch Panels,Stream Deck XL.

Julian I have both Radar Contact 4 & PFE. They both are different, PFE is defently a pain in the &@($* to get used of but the voices are way better.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Julian I have both Radar Contact 4 & PFE. They both are different, PFE is defently a pain in the &@($* to get used of but the voices are way better.
Yes Ron, if the FP is not 100% it can be quite unforgiving. RC4 was easier to set up and quicker. having said that, PFE has far better immersion and as you said, the additional voice pack makes it a winner.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Corsair Spec Omega Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, EVGA 850+ Gold PSU,Win 11 , Samsung 43 UHD TV, LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke System, Multi, Radio, Switch Panels,Stream Deck XL.

Anyone tried it? I would love some feedback. I've been looking for an ATC replacement for awhile and nothing seems to really be compelling enough to make me pull the trigger.
Why not download it and give a try yourself rather than depending on someone elses opinion? It has a seven day free trial.

Wing, I own all three. I was a RC user from day one through V4. I then purchased PFE. PFE is a little bit of a pain to get set up but the regional voices are awesome. It does a pretty good job of getting you where you want to go. I bought VOX back in June and like it a lot. As was stated earlier, it is a little pricey. If you start adding voices to it, it can be downright expensive. The one thing I really like about it is that it assigns SIDS/STARS based on the runways in use. It's a little funky in the way it handles AI but for me it's not a show stopper. As sargeski says, give it a try. It has a 7 day free trial.

NAX669.png

Why not download it and give a try yourself rather than depending on someone elses opinion? It has a seven day free trial.
Nothing in life is free. It takes time to download, setup, learn, etc. etc. In seven days I'm lucky to have a few hours of FS time, and it's doubtful I'd get to experience everything a big piece of software like that can do. When you're thinking about buying a car do you rely solely on the test drive or do you do other research as well?I've gotten a lot of good information from other people's opinions in this forum, I consider them valuable.

I wouldn't call it extremely cheap, but
Registration costs £44.99 (~70 USD). There is a £20.0 discount for version 5 registered users.
http://www.voxatc.co...e.aspx/RegisterNote. One doesn't need extra voice packs with version 6 as it offers free sets to download. http://www.voxatc.com/Voice.aspx Should work fine and is way better than the computer voice from MS. Of course, you can still add additional voices from the payware vendors, but I would keep the free ones first and explore the program. The SID and STAR management definitely is a nice thing as it happens automatically.The only option to VoxATC could be to drive the button based ATC clients through Multi Crew Experience or something. I have to agree to the folks posting about PFE. The additional voice sets there are very nice and add something to the game. That's a thing VoxATC can't deliver (unless you want to spend tons on extra voices), but it of course offers a voice interface by design.Really head for that trial options, especially when you have some days off ahead of you. It's worth trying I think. For the folks flying offline and looking for a voice ATC interaction, it's a tip indeed. It also keeps a bit of the talking feel alive if you switch from offline to online, or from lonely online to populated areas. I also saw some folks filling the coverage gaps with VoxATC.

MCE is a good alternative if you just want to talk to default FSX ATC (and I know not everyone is happy with that). It also works with Radar Contact. You have the choice of selecting ATC options by saying e.g. "option 1" or by using plain language. You can also dial any frequency you want using the VC radio stack or an external radio module (e.g. GoFlight) and it will go connect you to the nearest airport on that frequency. They offer a free trial full version, and it's much easier and quicker to set up and use than VoxATC. Support (via email) is excellent too.

I downloaded the demo package but can't get it started because of the strange sound set up on my Toshiba Laptop. Whenever I try to set up the microphone or start speech recogniton the damn thing bombs out or I get terrible feedback through the headphones and the speakers. If I disable the speakers the microphone headset doesn't work. The plantronics headset works fine with another laptop but that one can't run FSX - very frustrating. Whenever I start FSX I get the error message from VOX ATC that sound is not configured ,language is not set etc. Pity - I would buy it if I could get it to work.Gerry

Guest jahman
I downloaded the demo package but can't get it started because of the strange sound set up on my Toshiba Laptop. Whenever I try to set up the microphone or start speech recogniton the damn thing bombs out or I get terrible feedback through the headphones and the speakers. If I disable the speakers the microphone headset doesn't work. The plantronics headset works fine with another laptop but that one can't run FSX - very frustrating. Whenever I start FSX I get the error message from VOX ATC that sound is not configured ,language is not set etc. Pity - I would buy it if I could get it to work.Gerry
What if you just lower the volume of the speakers all the way down?If that doesn't work, start a thread in the hardware section. I'm sure we can help you out and get it working!Cheers,- jahman.