Sign in to follow this  
bakaman

FSX + NGX : Some Performances "Tip-Tips" . A new FSX experience

GentlemanI have speed read this thread with interest.What I find the most interesting aspect of this thread is the need for you all to put huge sigs in place regarding your specs (see mine below) and the other thing is the dreaded FPS counter that some of you display on your PC screens. The FPS counter is not at all reliable it can be quite inaccurate, it will drive you crazy as you hunt for FPS Nirvana. Leave it off. The comments relating to 50-60 fps just make me laugh as we well know for fluid movement to be achieved film is shown at approx 24fps, and the human eye and brain is perfectly adequate in decoding that to look like real life.FSX you may recall was optimised to run perfectly smoothly at 15fps, that the main problem that was corrected between FS9 and FSX was the volubility issue, (the large fluctuations in FPS recording on FS9).What in essence the larger faster cpu's, GFX cards and faster ram allow is for you to move your sliders further to the right and to have some rather delicious addons such as REX etc. It has always been my view, that no matter what, if the sim looks good to you both inside and outside then that is all that matters.The ATI/nVidia argument will continue ad infinitum as far as I can see, each to their own is what I think, I used to be nvidia now I am ATI, works for me straight ouit of the box no need for inspector or any other such devices, but that's me.I bid this thread a fond farewell and hope you can get, to just flying and enjoying instead of chasing that fps demon.CheerioWycliffepc speci5 2500kasus mobo4gig ramati card

Edited by morganbass

GentlemanI have speed read this thread with interest.What I find the most interesting aspect of this thread is the need for you all to put huge sigs in place regarding your specs (see mine below) and the other thing is the dreaded FPS counter that some of you display on your PC screens. The FPS counter is not at all reliable it can be quite inaccurate, it will drive you crazy as you hunt for FPS Nirvana. Leave it off. The commenst relating to 50-60 fps just make me laugh as we well know for fluid movement to be achieved film is shown at approx 24fps, and the human eye and brain is perfectly adequate in decodeding that to look like real life.FSX you may recall was optimised to run perfectly smoothly at 15fps, that the main problem that was corrected between FS9 and FSX was the volubility issue, (the large fluctuations in FPS recording on FS9).What in essence the larger faster cpu's, GFX cards and faster ram allow is for you to move your sliders further to the right and to have some rather delicious addons such as REX etc. It has always been my view that no matter what if the sim looks good to you both inside and outside then that is all that matters.The ATI/nVidia argument will continue ad infinitum as fars as I can see, each to their own is what i think, I sued to be nvidia now I am ATI, works for me straight ouit of the box no need for inspector or any other such devices, but that's me.i bid this thread a fond farewell and hope you can get to just flying and enjoying instead of chasing that fps demon.CheerioWycliffepc speci5 2500kasus mobo4gig ramati card
Thanks for the words of wisdom!PeteEVGA X58 SLI3Intel Core i7 980x Nvidia Geforce GTX 470 Edited by petedob

I tried the settings of Bakaman on my NVidia GT450S.... GREAT!!!! really smooth now.BTW I have to give some credit to my new SSD PCI (so, no SATA, but straight into a PCI slot on my motherboard) with a I/O of 1500mb/s. It's a 240 Gb Revodrive 3 X2. Costs a few bucks, but really worth every Euro (or Dollar, wherever you live)
Cool! May i ask for your full spec and what fps you get, just for my curiosity?

Wycliffe, without quoting your full post, I must say you got many things wrong.24fps of a film have NOTHING to do with computer games. One word only: motionblur.2nd, there is a HUGE difference in smoothness of a computer game, including FSX, between 15, 30 and 60 fps. I could bet you a million bucks I could identify each and every sim running either at 15 or 60fps. Even at 24 and 60fps.Now, if you can't, it either means your eyes are bad or you just chose to ignore it.I don't like going against the stream this much, but I just had to correct some really wrong statements here.

Word Not Allowed your YOUR SIG IS TOO LONG!!!! Be careful you're in danger! LoooooL

Edited by bakaman

Wycliffe, without quoting your full post, I must say you got many things wrong.24fps of a film have NOTHING to do with computer games. .Now, if you can't, it either means your eyes are bad or you just chose to ignore it.
I didn't say that film and computer games where the same. I was commenting on the brains ability to decode 24fps to smooth movement.My eyes are not bad, my pc runs my FSX perfectly well at 30fps. You are of course entitled to your opinion as we all are, and all I did was state mine.Yours respectfullyWycliffe

Man I'm really jealous by looking at some of the systems you guys have. That aircraft almost eats my pc, my CPU is a AMD Phenom II x4 running at 3,1GHz, got 8GB RAM and a HD6870 1Gb, reaching only about 12-15fps on the ground at ELLX (payware airport from aerosoft) and around 25 when cruising. Graphics settings are medicore with a couple replacement textures that enhance performance and dozens of tweaks, oh and I have REX installed.Guess AMD wasn't a good choice for FSX...
You should try and overclock that processor of yours. I have the Phenom II x4 Black Edition clocked at 4.3ghz (I won't say at what voltage though o_O) and I get good performance. I also let CCC control AA and all that other stuff (I got help from Steve Inwood on that one). That really helped performance on my system too.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Maximum pre-rendered frames=8 ???
Hi, this may probably help you:http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=181785

You should try and overclock that processor of yours. I have the Phenom II x4 Black Edition clocked at 4.3ghz (I won't say at what voltage though o_O) and I get good performance. I also let CCC control AA and all that other stuff (I got help from Steve Inwood on that one). That really helped performance on my system too.
Mine was a X2 550 Black Edition, turned it into an X4 by unlocking the other 2 cores through BIOS. Problem is, with 2 more cores and overclocking, I don't know if the cpu could handle that for a long time and I still have the small stock cooler.Did you oc your cpu manually or with CCC? And would only raising the multiplier do the trick?
Hi fella,I've seen some people running fsx on some high-end ATI cards and they seem to enjoy their FSX experience. However and according to Ryan recommendation NVIDIA is the way to go. But you should change your CPU and get it up to 4,xxGHZ to enjoy the NGX. I5 2500K would be a nice pick.PS: i do also have ELLX and i'm able to get a minimum of 30fps at all times. ELLX, EHAM and LEMD are among the most fps breaker out there!
I would switch to Intel cpu but they're quite expensive and I'd have to buy another motherboard since Intel doesn't support AM3 :/

Cool! May i ask for your full spec and what fps you get, just for my curiosity?
Sure, I have a I7 2600-3200 on a ASUS P6T WS Pro, Nvidia GT450S (next thing to change, it's the weakest spot in the chain), 8Gb MemoryMy fps are (externaly) locked at 30. In VC on the PMDG 737 NGX I get 20fps on the ground, 30fps airborn (ext. limited). The 20fps is due to the limitation of the Video card I guess Edited by Ed van de Vijver