Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Advance Notice: SP1c pending for the NGX...

Just a quick question Robert.... Just hope I haven't missed reading it in this thread else I'll look dafter lol.Will the update require us to reinstall liveries agaim?John Ellison
RSR said in a prior post that ALL updates require Reinstall of aircraft. That is why they gave us the fancy livery mamnger, so its no biggie.

Peter Osborn

PMDG,Any chance to see that a weather radar display will be an option on the ND in the cockpit?

PMDG,Any chance to see that a weather radar display will be an option on the ND in the cockpit?
Seriously?

PMDG has explicitly said that they haven't done a WX radar is not because they can't or haven't gotten around to doing it, it's that weather radar can not be depicted accurately in FS, that's why they didn't do it (something along that line, didn't quote them directly).

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

PMDG has explicitly said that they haven't done a WX radar is not because they can't or haven't gotten around to doing it, it's that weather radar can not be depicted accurately in FS, that's why they didn't do it (something along that line, didn't quote them directly).
So, now I'm confused. It's not that it doesn't belong in a a newer 737 but rather PMDG cannot put such a feature because of its limitations. So, if it's not a feature then I wouldn't expect them to include it if it is not 'real world'.

Real world wise, I don't know, as I am not a real world pilot. But I'm just quoting what I saw previously. So this may need someone else's input as to how these two points are to be put together.These are only a couple of links to what I'm talking about:

I do still recalling this being mentioned by one of the PMDG team members, exactly where I don't have the time to find it.

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Can anyone rember seeing any refernce to this bug which Robert talked about some time ago, either here or elsewhere?There have been issues which relate to the inablity to reduce thrust lower than 39% with the NGX, particularly when setting up approach. This has been posted by myself and other members of the forum. In one of the posts you repied saying that it was a known issue with the assignment of the landing gear to a switch/button on the controller and the workaround was and is to assign a key on the keyboard, which in my case appears to have been successful. However, I would like to ask if this issue has been corrected and if so will it appear in the upcoming SP1c patch?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Isn't it normal? It's called Flight Idle. It limits the minimum power of the engines to about 40% N1 whenever you lower the langing gear or extend the flaps. That's how it works in real life.

Edited by barfra1995

Matheus Mafra

Can anyone rember seeing any refernce to this bug
I had it the other night inbound on manual to YMAV. I had to go around; I couldn't get the plane out of the sky as I couldn't drop the throttle. I posted and someone suggested I had inadvertently activated CRZ or DES mode..Nope. Gear down, flaps 15, landing ref page up..definitely not helpful..Does that really happen in an NG? How do they land with throttles unable to go idle?

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Isn't it normal? It's called Flight Idle. It limits the minimum power of the engines to about 40% N1 whenever you lower the langing gear or extend the flaps. That's how it works in real life.
Yes if it is working. Some users reported an approach idle under 15500fts with no gear and flaps, and no eng AI.
Can anyone rember seeing any refernce to this bug which Robert talked about some time ago, either here or elsewhere?There have been issues which relate to the inablity to reduce thrust lower than 39% with the NGX, particularly when setting up approach. This has been posted by myself and other members of the forum. In one of the posts you repied saying that it was a known issue with the assignment of the landing gear to a switch/button on the controller and the workaround was and is to assign a key on the keyboard, which in my case appears to have been successful. However, I would like to ask if this issue has been corrected and if so will it appear in the upcoming SP1c patch?
In Sp1b they fixed the issue with the G key, I suspect is not the only "source" of the issue.I think that support tickets must be sent if someone is having the problem.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Is it possible to have, after takeoff, to hear the GPWS "positive Rate Gear Up" ?