Sign in to follow this  
St Mawgan

Blurry terrain near Concrete

Generally speaking I can get by pretty well in most of the Orbx scenery areas. Fall City was terrible on my system for some reason so it came straight off again and Harvey has been on and off a few times because I love the area but I really struggle with it performace wise but Concrete is a fairly early one so should be better than it is. If I fly from Darrington to Concrete everything is pretty good until I get to the area between Concrete and Israel's Farm and then the mountains to the left get very blurred and it's not until I get to the coast that it improves (I don't have Anacortes or Skagit yet).Does anyone else have problems in this area?I have most of the settings pretty low so I don't understand what it is in that area specifically that drags it down and every time I fly there I get annoyed by it because it is otherwise such a great place to fly.

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

On my system, I have noticed that blurries get eliminated by using the FSX internal framerate limiter. I use 30 fps. Blurries were pronounced with internal fps unlimited and external fps 25.Try such a change and see if there is an improvement. Mind you, blurries were happening anywhere I flew, and not specifically in the area you mention.

On my system, I have noticed that blurries get eliminated by using the FSX internal framerate limiter. I use 30 fps. Blurries were pronounced with internal fps unlimited and external fps 25.Try such a change and see if there is an improvement. Mind you, blurries were happening anywhere I flew, and not specifically in the area you mention.
That's the strange thing, I don't get them too badly anywhere else unless I am flying a really fast jet but I hit that area even in the Cub and suddenly it's all a mess. I use a limit of 26, set within FSX, always found that to be the best for me.

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

I get pretty bad blurries too on my hypertweaked system, they go away if I set the internal frame-rate limiter. But they I have to suffer a performance drop. I think the PNW plus all the add-on airports is really pushing fsx rendering, and hence the blurries.

Generally speaking I can get by pretty well in most of the Orbx scenery areas. Fall City was terrible on my system for some reason so it came straight off again and Harvey has been on and off a few times because I love the area but I really struggle with it performace wise but Concrete is a fairly early one so should be better than it is. If I fly from Darrington to Concrete everything is pretty good until I get to the area between Concrete and Israel's Farm and then the mountains to the left get very blurred and it's not until I get to the coast that it improves (I don't have Anacortes or Skagit yet).Does anyone else have problems in this area?I have most of the settings pretty low so I don't understand what it is in that area specifically that drags it down and every time I fly there I get annoyed by it because it is otherwise such a great place to fly.
I haven't flown this particular corridor since using the new external limiter built into the latest Nvidia Drivers that can be turned on by Nvidia Inspector. Elsewhere it seems to have provided all the advantages of a limiter without the disadvantages of blurries. If I get a chance I will fire up FSX for a Concrete start and see what happens.Kind regards,

I will echo what others said, without limiter I notice blurries usually only at areas with a lot of texture detail which is probably likely at Concrete since that is one of my favorite detailed areas, with 30 fps internal limiter then I notice no blurries.I've never been able to use external limiters due to them not working correctly with 3 monitors (similar to ENB mod).

Edited by kludger

--John near KPAE

Interesting... just as of late I have "thought" I have noticed some blurring which I have not really remembered encountering in the past. I have my radius set at 9.5. I'm wondering, after reading this if the internal limiter as compared to the Inspector limiter (external) truly can make a difference? Guess I have another little project to check out.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

The valley between Concrete and Israel's farm is pretty crisp and clear for my computer right now. Of course BP=0 really helps.Kind regards,

I also set BP at 0. Strange. Wish I knew what switch was being flicked in that little area but I can live with it.