Sign in to follow this  
737Dude

New CFM56-7E Mod

Well since I live near BFI and RNT where the holy 737s are produced, I started noticing a small change to the engine's nozzle shape and now that more airlines like AS, AA, VB, SW, RY, etc. are getting these, what are the chances of PMDG doing a small update into this mod? THanks!NEW CFM56-7E Mod, OLDER COMMON 737NG Nozzle , new%20exhaust%202.jpg20_29621_e73f57b36dfbb40.jpg?62

There's also changes to the rotating beacons that improve fuel efficiency. There was a few more changes around the same time. Can't remember off the top of my head. It would be nice to see these extra options some time in the future :)

How exactly would changing beacons improve fuel efficiency?
LMFAO! :(
There's also changes to the rotating beacons that improve fuel efficiency. There was a few more changes around the same time. Can't remember off the top of my head. It would be nice to see these extra options some time in the future :)

Instead of xenon, they have helium. ;)

Matt Cee

There was a thread on this during the waiting for the release of the NGX itself. If you search the forum you might still find it. Anyway to make it short, they have changed the design of the light to be more aerodynamic. The older lights which are installed under the NGs are just not that efficient in their shape.I even beleave you've said that you are considering to build those new lights for the NGX ;)

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

There was a thread on this during the waiting for the release of the NGX itself. If you search the forum you might still find it. Anyway to make it short, they have changed the design of the light to be more aerodynamic. The older lights which are installed under the NGs are just not that efficient in their shape.I even beleave you've said that you are considering to build those new lights for the NGX ;)
Yes. The same reason having a reworked APU tail cone gives the MAX better fuel efficiency.Still, I wouldn't really appreciate the mod, much. It's not a big deal (yet). Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

No need for the smart reply.I'd have thought you'd have known about the new beacons considering you developed the NGX? Edited by neil2605

Back to the topic at hand, what does the -7E mod do for engine performance?

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

Back to the topic at hand, what does the -7E mod do for engine performance?
Not a whole lot as far as the pilots are concerned. Slightly better fuel consumption. Less parts for maintenance. Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

They improve aero dynamics, AFAIK, the whole program improved efficiency by about 2.5%.....

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Hi neilI was praying that you could back up your post about the aerodynamic lights.I don't know whether it was a genuine question from ryan or he was being sarcastic.very hard sometimes to write what you are feeling and for it to come across correctly.as Ronan points out ..you were spot on. :Peace:best wishes steve-0

Boeing actually did change the beacon light "shell" They even uploaded a video explaining it. Its probably VERY SMALL improvement but it is one.I am trying to find that video.

Well, in an era where airlines are skimming out olives out of their salads in the names of fuel efficiency, I don't doubt some fancier beacons would save $$$