Sign in to follow this  
captainjensen

v5 still in development?

So in a Windows 8 thread you would ask Microsoft if Windows 7 is still supported?
If I needed a password everytime I reinstalled, Yes I would. I wouldn't purchase it if I couldn't reinstall it.... So when is V5 coming out?

So in a Windows 8 thread you would ask Microsoft if Windows 7 is still supported?
Can you possibly ever not be totally annoying when you find the irrepressible urge to barge into a thread like this on any of the numerous forums at Avsim??? You seem to manage to appear everywhere around here, ever quick to make a most unwelcome and very much unsolicited snippet of rebarbative, self-important drovel at random intervals.

Feel free to add me to your ignore user list and then you won't have to read my "unsolicited snippets of rebarbative (sp), self-important drovel at random intervals."

If I needed a password everytime I reinstalled, Yes I would. I wouldn't purchase it if I couldn't reinstall it....
You would be better off creating a brand new thread topic on your issue for help if that's what you wanted
So when is V5 coming out?
At least this is in the right place but since you're asking it looks like you spent just as much time reading this thread as you did reading the title for your issue.

This age old question when is V5 coming out gets so respective. JD has NOT gone anywhere and ONLY he will put this question to rest. If you want to travel to Detroit and come to my house you will see the beta version of V5 . Having said all that I fly every flight with V4.3. JD and I talk from time to time on RC4.3 issues. Doug Thompson has retired from FAA ATC and with the current weather is sitting in his pool. Recently the entire RC beta team had a virtual chat and everyone is doing their thing. I think it was Mr Speaker who said V5 was vapor where, come to Detroit and I will show you vapor where. When code is still beta why would you be concerned on upgrade cost, gee we got lots of stuff to handle before that is on our todo list.Finally if you keep asking this same dumb question when is V5 coming Jim is correct "when its ready" and today "it aint" V4.3 works GREAT go enjoy it right now if you don't have it GET IT. When JD is ready it will be announced on this forum.Enjoy Flying FSX like I do.Bob

AirbusCaptain, Don't know what was going on with the forums but I couldn't quote text.If youd look I was responding to Jim Skorna's post about Windows. I didn't bring it up, Jim did and agree that it has nothing to do with the price of tea in China :)John Thomas, Jim can be condecending at times but he can be very helpful as well and is an asset with his knowledge. I don't know why he has such a beef with this subject and people asking.Bobby, First off thanks for your service in the Airforce. A number of us are just asking a question. John posted the blog about V5 and announced it what 5 years ago. You have to admit that when you announce the product then poof nothing after 5 years it makes people wonder. An update once in a while is all we ask. Thanks,JeffAirbusCaptain, Don't know what was going on with the forums but I couldn't quote text.If youd look I was responding to Jim Skorna's post about Windows. I didn't bring it up, Jim did and agree that it has nothing to do with the price of tea in China :)John Thomas, Jim can be condecending at times but he can be very helpful as well and is an asset with his knowledge. I don't know why he has such a beef with this subject and people asking.Bobby, First off thanks for your service in the Airforce. A number of us are just asking a question. John posted the blog about V5 and announced it what 5 years ago. You have to admit that when you announce the product then poof nothing after 5 years it makes people wonder. An update once in a while is all we ask. Thanks,JeffAirbusCaptain, Don't know what was going on with the forums but I couldn't quote text.If youd look I was responding to Jim Skorna's post about Windows. I didn't bring it up, Jim did and agree that it has nothing to do with the price of tea in China :)John Thomas, Jim can be condecending at times but he can be very helpful as well and is an asset with his knowledge. I don't know why he has such a beef with this subject and people asking.Bobby, First off thanks for your service in the Airforce. A number of us are just asking a question. John posted the blog about V5 and announced it what 5 years ago. You have to admit that when you announce the product then poof nothing after 5 years it makes people wonder. An update once in a while is all we ask. Thanks,Jeff

For me I don't care when its being released, I just want to know if it is going to be released, things happen in life and plans change, if JD were to come in here someday and say Im out, it would suck but I'd get over it. (ok I'd get over it after a few visits to my shrink) :)

Fine enough.that's like the most information I think I have ever seen about V5. I like others would also get over it eventually if it was announced that V5 wont be coming out but a bone once in a while really doesn't hurt. V4 is really good. Even still don't be surprised to see a thread like this arise next year....Thankson another note...if it is never released it is considered vaporware. The fact is it was announced but has not been released nor cancelled . It will continue to be defined as vaporware until the software has surfaced for the public. In my opinion this is no different than Microsoft Train Simulator 2. I'm sure there was plenty of beta platforms of that game as well. But no one ever saw it because it was never finished (or even started for all we know) to be available for purchase therefore its vaporware.

Qu: Whats the first thing Buck Rogers asked when he got to the 25th Century?Ans: Has V5 been released?...................Oh, when then?Qu: Whats the first thing Buck Rogers asked when he got to the 25th Century?Ans: Has V5 been released?...................Oh, when then?

Pan Pan Pan, The first response Buck Rogers got when he asked if it's been released was from Jim Skorna. Jim got upset with Buck for asking such a question. "How dare you ask such a question Buck". "You have no right to ask this question" "It will be ready when the developers feel like it" :)Pan Pan Pan, The first response Buck Rogers got when he asked if it's been released was from Jim Skorna. Jim got upset with Buck for asking such a question. "How dare you ask such a question Buck". "You have no right to ask this question" "It will be ready when the developers feel like it" :)

Buck Rogers would have been around enough to know not to ask such a question because he would have also known the answer.This is unlike the little kids in the backseat of the car asking: "Are we there yet, are we there yet?" over and over and over and over agian.

Buck Rogers would have been around enough to know not to ask such a question because he would have also known the answer.This is unlike the little kids in the backseat of the car asking: "Are we there yet, are we there yet?" over and over and over and over agian.
But a parent would give the child an answer where as you just give condescending replies. Thanks....

Ya, something like: "We'll get there when we get there." Nice try there Jeffery. :(

Ya, something like: "We'll get there when we get there." Nice try there Jeffery. :(
LMAO depends on the parent. We have x amount of miles and will be there in x amount of minutes. So what was the topic of this thread again?