Sign in to follow this  
captainjensen

v5 still in development?

See, you never knew the question or the answer.

See, you never knew the question or the answer.
Ummm no I was trying to remind you Jim that the topic was not about "windows 8"or "kids asking parents if they were there yet"..... It was about v5 development. You know the subject that gets you upset. :)

So v5 is not very far than.
It never was 'far' from the begining...I stopped waiting for it - this is way to long. I hope it will not be abandoned, since I am sure it WILL be profitable, no matter the price. Just another 'must have' for FSX

If you want to travel to Detroit and come to my house you will see the beta version of V5 .Enjoy Flying FSX like I do.Bob
Bob, if you have beta version of V5, you know answer of my question. Will RC V5 compatible with FS2004?

There are members of the beta team that run FS2004. RC connects to any FS via FSUIPC. Just a reminder to all we have done a lot of work on RCv5 but there is MUCH more to do.Bob

There are members of the beta team that run FS2004. RC connects to any FS via FSUIPC. Just a reminder to all we have done a lot of work on RCv5 but there is MUCH more to do.Bob
Ok Bob, thank you for your answer. Just a reminder to all developers and testers we are here and we still wait :)

Those Few words tell a lot. That's all we asked for. Happy to know its still in the works.

Great news to know its still in the works...love RC4 but cant wait for v5

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

agreed fantastic product, cant wait for v5

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Just a reminder to all we have done a lot of work on RCv5 but there is MUCH more to do.Bob

Ok, but that means 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 5 years, how long?????

James Goggi

I just wish those who have been waiting to get thrown a bone. Update version 4 with something from beta 5. Show that there is some progress for a future radar contact product.

Guys only JD the developer can answer your questions. So lets wait to hear from him.

Bob

Oh well, this topic is redic, because as I understand JD and all the Beta-Team members are working at V5 in their spare time as a hobby. They all have jobs and duties and family. It would be a different storry if they would do it for a living. But How many FS-Devs can do that? How big is the market for that? Is it growing, so the money coming in from all the sold copies can give them a good living? I do not think so. Otherwise we would see alot more great 3rd Addons in the online and offline shops for FS9/FS-X, right?

As I would love to read some positive news from JD, I respect him for taking his time to do it perfect. Otherwise he would have to work at patches without getting money out of that work. He wanna get that money from one big shot release and than enjoy the incoming money for that loong and many hours of hard work, actualy work he put in, not messured the total time it needs, but the real time he put into this hobby project!

As I would love to read some positive news from JD, I respect him for taking his time to do it perfect. Otherwise he would have to work at patches without getting money out of that work. He wanna get that money from one big shot release and than enjoy the incoming money for that loong and many hours of hard work, actualy work he put in, not messured the total time it needs, but the real time he put into this hobby project!

I agree although the recent ATC alternatives that have started arriving will soon be taking the money that would have gone on RC5 thus affecting overall sales. I only need one ATC product and if the few I have my eye on have improvements added soon then I won't have a need for RC5.