Sign in to follow this  
captainjensen

v5 still in development?

I agree although the recent ATC alternatives that have started arriving will soon be taking the money that would have gone on RC5 thus affecting overall sales. I only need one ATC product and if the few I have my eye on have improvements added soon then I won't have a need for RC5.

Agreed, Pro ATC X looks like it might be very promising with future updates, I am a fan of Radar Contact but one can only wait so long.

It would be nice to hear some official news regarding RCV5 from the big man himself.

Chris Howard

I am also waiting for RC5. Would really like to know from the man (JD) himself if it's coming out anytime this year? Very strange there is no comunication or updates. It's been a long time. I'm sure when it is done it is going to be great!. I hope the best for RC5.

peace

For me RC4 is still amazing, really the only thing I want is better voice's, Taxi instruction's, the vectoring is fine for the most part except when your approaching the airfield from a certain angle and you get turned on to base 30nm from the airport. I would like to see some options for transatlantic flights, maby just some added dialog, secal messages, position reports etc. For SIDS and STARS who knows what it will be like, personally I like how it is now on Departure just flying the DP, it would be nice to have something similar and generic for the STAR, like after crossing your last waypoint ATC would give you a clearance to descend on the published arrival, this would give you the freedom to follow your STAR procedures before eventually being picked up by approach. Anyways I just wish JD would throw us a bone, just a little update, anything at all would be nice.

I got to agree, I think RC5 is dead in the water or there would not be this wall of silence. Not a single updated message on the RC website, no updates here dispite numourous requests. It takes nothing to just put "Update still in progress". Now with another ATC on the market then I think they have missed the mark. I personally moved on to proflight emulator now because it is still being updated and you get help from the developer on there forum.

JD had a blog to post RC 5 updates when RC 5 was announced some 5 years ago. It's been taken down. 5 years later no updates from JD.

What is really upsetting is people like Jim Skorna come here with condescending comments and request we respect JD. So what about us the customer for the product? The people that spend their hard earned money for Radar Contact? Don't we deserve respect? Don't we deserve an answer from JD? It's been 5 years of this.

My money is that RC 5 is dead and my money is better spent elsewhere.

[quote n

Now with another ATC on the market then I think they have missed the mark.

Which ATC? I'm only know this ATC, are there any alternatives?

Now with another ATC on the market then I think they have missed the mark.

Just goes to show it's not only nature that abhors a vacuum. :sad:

PP

Hi,

I've given up on RC5 as well as the Level-D 757, as far as I'm concerned they are dead in the water until proven otherwise. I'm done asking for updates and/or constantly looking in this forum, If you want a new ATC product, one is available and its called Pro-ATC, here is the link: http://www.pointsoft...cxfeatures.html

Seems promising, I may just purchase this program myself, just as soon as they work out a few bugs. I hope RC5 and Level-D are still under development, but I'm done holding my breath so-to-speak. By the time these products are released, FSX may (more than likely) be an obsolete flight sim program.

Additional discussion on the Pro-ATC program can be found here at AVSIM: http://forum.avsim.n...y-by-of-pro-atc

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

You have a choice of a few.

VATSIM - Allows you to talk online to real people as ATC. A lot of people love it but I have never tried it.

VoxATC - Lets you talk to ATC on your PC. Never tried this as I'm not to keen on sitting at my computer talking to it but it does look good with Sids and Stars although the voices do seem to sound computerised and they seem to be limited.

Pro ATC X - The new kid on the block. Looks promising but from what I have heard it needs a bit of work and updates before it is top of the range. Also looks a bit pricey for a new realease that hardly anybody has heard of and is not up to scratch.

Proflight Emulator - My favourite at the moment. Lets you fly SIDS and STARS (although it does not actually know any it just does not vector you so it feels more realistic). Has different voices and accents for different areas (Spanish, German ect) so it feels a bit more realistic. Gives you taxi directions from gate and to gate after landing. The voices also sound a lot more realistic than RC. It does take a bit longer to set up, not a case of click and fly as you have to convert the flightplan using PFE but once you have done it a few times it's becomes easy.

Just have a look on Google and then make a choice depending what you want.

Hope this helps.

I believe it is a simconnect app so it would not work in FS9

And the X stands for FSX

By the time these products are released, FSX may (more than likely) be an obsolete flight sim program.

If there is still MUCH work to do after 5 years in development even Flight will probably be an obsolete flight sim program by than.

I believe it is a simconnect app so it would not work in FS9

And the X stands for FSX

Thats a pitty. Other ATC applications working with FS9 around?