Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

Wilco Publishing CRJ Next Gen

Those screens don't look too bad at all. Still wondering about the systems and fde

Lee

Lee,

keep checking my post #114 as I keep updating it while I'm testing (UPDATE-evidently when you post another post you can't edit your previous posts - didn't know that). I can't really get my goflight mcp-pro to fully cooperate with the CRJ, just in case that's important to someone else.

I really like the VC, the exterior is somewhat ok, but she appears to be very overpowered. I haven't done a cold/dark start and haven't had time for an extended systems test though.

My biggest gripes so far are the VC clickspots, they're so tiny I need to use most of the 2-D pop-ups; also the night lighting particularly on the autopilot is not good, very hard to read the fonts.

Cheers,

Pete

Edited by Peter Z KCLE_EDDN

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

I think the post editing only works a limited time. I could be wrong though.

Thanks again for the information on your new purchase, Pete. The VC looks better than I've expected, at least that's from the screenshots in the other thread.

On the flap sounds, I don't know if you hear much in the cockpit, with the engines running and the winds working on the fuselage. Just stating this because I've had other addons with flap sounds and found them to be unrealistic. However, I don't know how the real CRJ behaves in that aspect. Maybe you only hear the flap lever going through the detents, nothing more.

The FDE downside (overpower) doesn't sound good. Well, that's an item an active community or the dev itself could alter though. Happened on the CS 737 and works out ok. I'd be happier if the reports would read better of course. The CRJ isn't a 'PIC' product, maybe their aiming point is more on the fun side, which could mean overpower by design. Just guessing though, comparing it to other fun products.

Bad clickspots. True, those can be a pain. As said, I hope it gets better in a way. Hard to read text, bummer indeed.

Keep up the reports. :smile: And lets see what Aaron has to say.

Thanks Pete will do.

I hope some I these problems have solutions.

Thanks lee

Once I got the FMC to take a FP without a buffer overrun. KTPA to KMEM. The navdata for Memphis is Fubar. Half the waypoints are missing for the Larue3 approach and they are listed in the FMC as the Gandy1 which is a SID for Tampa :) :Doh: Other than that it flew nice.

I wonder how come the picts on site are so small and zoomed out.Maybe so you can't see the details or the "quality" of the addons ?

Thank's Pete & ArDee so far I think it looks ok not bad I wonder who is the 3d modeler for this project? I think some of us are still on the fence on this one it seems the Aerosoft/DA CRJ is going to take awhile before it comes out. The Wilco CRJ seems from the info on the site that systems should be I guess the medium level like the QW B757.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

No Prob Cesar. The model does look and feel fairly nice. I have issues with the CDU and Buffer overrun errors and have heard back from Wilco about it.. I have noticed the FMC doesn't let me change waypoint crossing altitudes, same as the old CRJ. Normal? I wouldn't think so! AS stated , theses eyes can't read the AP fonts, rediculous. It has about as many systems modeled as the original CRJ did it just looks pertier and the FMC is missing detailed approach procedures and modeled about like the original.

Hmm, think I'll wait a bit longer for the AS version!

I can't even click on the autopilot buttons. The static thrust appears to be the same for all three aircraft.... They just released an update so I will give that a look. Right now feels like I wasted $$.

Jack

It is always wise to run a search on avsim before buying a product.Chances are that a vendor/developer proved himself for what "he" is/can do in the past already and people's opinions speak volumes.Using the search function here on avsim saved my *.* more than once.

Static thrust has been improved. Autopilot buttons still do not work in vc. How could they not have qcd that?! I have emailed them on these issues and will advise on response... The plane does look good but can't fly without autopilot.

Jack

Jack:

I have purchased and made a few flights now, and the Autopilot works fine for me. Both the - and the + clickspots are VERY - VERY tiny and are somewhat center to left below the bottom of the various knobs. When you can find either the + or - spots, the mouse wheel will work to increase or decrease.

The vertical speed adjustment clickspots are the hardest to find. They are located at the top left beside the adjustment wheel for the + and at the bottom left beside the wheel for the -. Again once you can find either spot the mouse wheel can be used to increase or decrease.

This is something that definitely should be addressed bty Wilco, but as a whole, the plane isn't that bad.I hope this may be some help to you.

- Roger

The downside to pmdg aircraft like the NGX is you start comparing other planes (commercial airliner type) to it and really none stack up) Then you just wind up going back to it because really who wants to spend their few hours wasting it with such an inferior product.

Eric 

The downside to pmdg aircraft like the NGX is you start comparing other planes (commercial airliner type) to it and really none stack up) Then you just wind up going back to it because really who wants to spend their few hours wasting it with such an inferior product.

EXACTLY! They (PMDG) totally slammed the market with an AWESOME product and they developers need to step up there game now.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom