Sign in to follow this  

DLC more expensive then I hoped

The Hawaiian Adventure Pack (incl. the rest of Hawaii and the RV-6a): 1600 Microsoft Points.The Maule M-7-260C: 1200 Microsoft Points.The North American P-51 Mustang: 640 Microsoft Points.I was hoping for some more smartphone-games-compatible prices, really. :( Some 50% of what they are charging now. Or een less... A few euro's per addon. Hmmmmmmm.... What do you all think about this?

Edited by Guest

What is 1600 MS points in real money ?Fred.

I live in Europe and it usually is close to 100 point for 1 euro. So 1600 points is about 16 euro. It depends on how much points you purchase at once, though. And you can get points cheap at some online shops, but I don't know how legal that all is. As I said I was hoping for a few euro's per DLC. If Hawaii cost 16 euro's already, what will other and larger regions cost? The price of the airplanes is lower then current FSX addons, but they cost more then I expected, really. I would have paid 4 euro's for the Maule :( but at 12 euro's I will pass.If I am going to buy DLC for MS Flight I will carefully consider each purchase... I have a smartphone with a lot of apps because those prices make a lot of the apps 'no brainers'. As I said I hoped MS Flight would come with a lot of 'no brainers' but apparently it won't.

Edited by J van E

I live in Europe and it usually is close to 100 point for 1 euro. So 1600 points is about 16 euro. It depends on how much points you purchase at once, though. And you can get points cheap at some online shops, but I don't know how legal that all is. As I said I was hoping for a gew euro's per DLC. If Hawaii cost 16 euro's already, what will other and larger regions cost? The price of the airplanes is lower then current FSX addons, but they cost more then I expected, really.
Thanks for the info !I am in Europe too. (Ireland)After using the beta for the last month I will be definitely be buying this.The detail is stunning and so nice to fly. Totally stable and smooth and that is with a low end machine.Fred.

080 Microsoft points = $1.00 (U.S.)So you'll have to pay $20 for the Hawaiian Adventure Pack, which includes the other seven large islands AND the Vans RV-6A aircraft.The Maule M-7-260C = $15 (for the deluxe version).The version of the North American P-51 Mustang for $8 (640 Microsoft Points) is the basic model (no working gauges ... it is meant to be flown only from the outside view).

Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Yeah, it suck a little, doesn't it? My main problem isn't really that I can't afford it, but it was my idea that if they wanted MS Flight to catch on with the crowd quickly, the DLC had to be cheap. Again, as I said, a few bucks you would otherwise spend on a beer would now be spend on a plane or another island. But these prices aren't the kind of prices you pay without thinking. Or without being quite a flying nut... So imho this means MS Flight won't quickly catch on with the large crowd and that's a shame.I am really surprised by this, to tell you the truth...

Edited by J van E

The Hawaii islands are OrbX level, and you also get a RV-6 thats as good as any 3rd party add-on. Considering I paid more then that just for a single airport, I would say its a good value. Edited by MVGibbage

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

The Hawaii islands are OrbX level, and you also get a RV-6 thats as good as any 3rd party add-on. Considering I paid more then that just for a single airport, I would say its a good value.
That may be true, but 'we' are used to these kind of prices. The new market they are targeting isn't and I doubt if someone who is new to all this and who downloaded the free game is going to pay 20 bucks for 'just' an island and a plane', let alone 12 bucks for one plane.Apart from that: Orbx are additions to what you've already got (the entire world). The MS Flight is all there is and without it you don't have much. You could buy FSX and be done with it, but MS Flight requires quite some money to offer the same amount of stuff that FSX offers. Ok, MS Flight is better etc. but we don't know yet how much better and in what regard (will it have the kind of things simmers are looking for?). Edited by J van E

Yeah, it suck a little, doesn't it? My main problem isn't really that I can't afford it, but it was my idea that if they wanted MS Flight to catch on with the crowd quickly, the DLC had to be cheap. Again, as I said, a few bucks you would otherwise spend on a beer would now be spend on a plane or another island. But these prices aren't the kind of prices you pay without thinking. Or without being quite a flying nut... So imho this means MS Flight won't quickly catch on with the large crowd and that's a shame.I am really surprised by this, to tell you the truth...
You get the Flight core, which includes the Big Island of Hawaii, the Icon and the Stearman for FREE.For $20 more, you get the other 7 main islands in the Hawaiian chain [over 300 nautical miles in length] AND the the Vans RV-6A aircraft. Seems pretty reasonable to me. Most new games now cost $60.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Unfortunately, of the five planes I would not want two of them, because they are tail-draggers. The ICON, because it is a flying car, without proper avionics. The Mustang, because it can only be flown from the outside.This leaves the RV-6. One plane to fly all over the islands of Hawaii. Not a very exciting prospect.

You get the Flight core, which includes the Big Island of Hawaii, the Icon and the Stearman for FREE.For $20 more, you get the other 7 main islands in the Hawaiian chain [over 300 nautical miles in length] AND the the Vans RV-6A aircraft. Seems pretty reasonable to me. Most new games now cost $60.
True, and I will probably buy it, even if I won't buy more DLC, but I am more concerned about MS Flight not catching on with these price schemes...

I have had the whole islands and aircraft. Worth maybe $10.00. Be paying more for missions, jobs and challenges more than scenery and aircraft.

Edited by Barnstormer1

So if the whole of Hawaii is $20 (US) how much then for the whole world :(... ?

So if the whole of Hawaii is $20 (US) how much then for the whole world :(... ?
Someone calculated like 6,000,000.00 dollars :) .000315/sq ft or something like that. The 20.00 is for the ADITIONAL islands because the big island is free.Not sure if its a failure. If they sell 200,000 units of the Hawiian islands only to the simplist. Thats $4,000,000.00. BRILLIANT!!!! Edited by Barnstormer1

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.