Sign in to follow this  

DLC more expensive then I hoped

BUT if you have thousands invested in hardware controls and enjoy flight planning, ATC, major airports and airliner type simulation then I doubt Flight! will ever be an option.
I have, I do, and I firmly believe it will indeed be the very best option. Why? I have my own reasons based upon the evidence for being convinced. Not hinting anything, suggesting anything, trying to be mysterious, or to convince anyone of anything, but just publically stating clearly and openly my own private opinion for my own reasons. If nothing else changes in FLIGHT's direction, I fully expect time will show it to be 100% correct.

According to MS they are going to put in other planes for free with the initial pack... (sorry cut and paste off their FB page)... wonder what they will be??Microsoft Flight ‎@Thomas: The two planes shown in the article are the planes available for purchase; the article doesn't talk about what planes are available in the free download. So no, it's not true that there are only two planes available to players. :-)about an hour ago · Like

Guest HowardHughes
How many people here even fly default aircraft? How much would it cost you to fly a RV-6 in a OrbX quality Hawaii? $60? Sound like a good value now?
I'm not sure how MS are convincing people that this represents good value. Are they putting something in the water?How about I buy OrbX FTX Australia for £70 (representing an area 690 times larger than the Hawaain chain).Alternatively for the price of the Mustang without any working gauges how about I buy the IRIS A-10 Warthog? Or the C27? Or the Raptor?

Translates to Carenado's planes are better than those in Flight. Microsoft, please don't give us a smoke and mirrors product.Yo entiendo castellano poquito, or something like that...
Thanks meshman, and sorry by my bad english ;)

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Don't forget +$70 for the FS program. So, $130 for a nicely done RV-6 + Orbx Hawaii + the base game engine.
Forgot about that, but I got FSX Gold for 30$ and Best Buy about 2 years ago.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Forgot about that, but I got FSX Gold for 30$ and Best Buy about 2 years ago.
OK, then don't forget +$30 for the FS program in 2016. So $90 for a nicely done RV-6 + Orbx Hawaii + the base game engine after you wait 4 years. :(

I dont quite understand what your getting at...

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Guest HowardHughes
OK, then don't forget +$30 for the FS program in 2016. So $90 for a nicely done RV-6 + Orbx Hawaii + the base game engine after you wait 4 years. :(
And don't forget that in FSX you get 13,481 times the landmass and 24 default aircraft :(

I really think that a lot of folks are just not seeing the Bigger Picture here !MS are giving us a brand new and sophisticated flight simulator platform and a large island to try it out on and it is for FREE !!The level of detail on both the planes and scenery is incredible and you can add all the islands and the fantastic Vans RV-6 for just another 20 dollars !!I think you guys are missing the whole point here !!Fred.
Brand new platform?FLIGHT is downgraded FSX Code!!Thats the reason why it runs so smooth...They just added 3 new aircraft and pimped the Maule from FSX.Scenery? Same from FSX, just changed landclass,mesh, texture and landmarks.

RYR is now working for their marketing department evidently blum.gif

Downgraded FSX code !!!If you downgraded FSX code you would end up with Xplane. :(

And don't forget that in FSX you get 13,481 times the landmass and 24 default aircraft :(
How much of that landmass have you explored, and how many of those default aircraft did you really fly more then once?

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

RYR is now working for their marketing department evidently blum.gif
They could do with someone with my experience. I think I will drop Josh a fast email. :(

Guest HowardHughes
How much of that landmass have you explored, and how many of those default aircraft did you really fly more then once?
1. A hell of a lot of it2. All of them, many times

@ mad dogWhy would MS give you all that free in the base pack ?Don't think for a moment that Flight will not have ATC.Fred.
Hello FredDon't think for a moment that it will, neither of us know all that much and we are both only beta testers.What I worry about with Flight! is that it all seems a bit simplistic so far.When the Flight! team start talking about the SDK and it becomes clearer what type of third party support we can look forward to, then I might start getting excited.Until then it is just an arcade game and not something I would hold my interest for long.Microsoft have made a mess of unveiling this title so far, the gamers do not appear interested and they have managed to disenfranchise most of the sim community.Again, I hope I am wrong but I just do not see a complex IFR sim to replace FSX with this product.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.