Sign in to follow this  

DLC more expensive then I hoped

@ Rob.If you enjoy flying GA in Hawaii, you are simply going to LOVE Flight.I have been flying around the islands in the RV-6 for the last 2 weeks and it is amazing.This is years ahead of FSX in every way.Enjoy !Fred.
i cant stop flying around those hawaiian cliffs it is amazing....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

@ Rob.If you enjoy flying GA in Hawaii, you are simply going to LOVE Flight.I have been flying around the islands in the RV-6 for the last 2 weeks and it is amazing.This is years ahead of FSX in every way.Enjoy !Fred.
I don't know anyone who exclusively likes flying GA around Hawaii but oh, well...
i cant stop flying around those hawaiian cliffs it is amazing....
So is this... 1ahhh.gifand this zwoohoo.gifI'm sorry guys I couldn't resist. It's all in Fun... :( Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest dreckman

I for one am looking forward to Flight. Do I have any expectations that it will replace my extremely added-on to FSX? No, I do not.There are times when I just want to do some quick GA flying. In fact I have been spending a lot of time lately flying the islands in FSX (after my first real life visit to Maui).I am interested to see how it compares. Just an FYI regarding DLC and MS Points, there have been quite a few "internet" stories that MS is eventually doing away with the points and will be going to a straight cash model.I also ordered my copy of AEROFLY FS, supposed to be here by the 13th., and will see how that compares to FSX and then Flight.Happy Flying!!-ecg

This is years ahead of FSX in every way
Hello FredNot quite in every way, there is a fair bit missing before you can truthfully say that.It is a great strategy you have worked out here, the more supportive you are of Flight! around the forums the more content MS give you to test. Way to go.Might just try this myself.

I'd suggest we pay the rather modest price for Hawaii and either the Maule or the RV7and start asking MS for the next item we would like to see..
Okay you do that, then when it is all built and we actually have a finished product I will pick it all up in the digital bargain bin.

If you and RTO - both 'serious' pilots, i think - say it's good, then I'm definitely looking forward to it. Given how much I've spent on 'FSX Hawaii', it will be interesting to compare on Feb 29th!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Hello FredNot quite in every way, there is a fair bit missing before you can truthfully say that.It is a great strategy you have worked out here, the more supportive you are of Flight! around the forums the more content MS give you to test. Way to go.Might just try this myself.
Actually of all the folks who got the extra content I was the only one who did not get the Maule and P-51.No problem because I only fly the RV-6 and love aerobatics.So there's no strategy. Just excited about Flight and want to talk about it.Cheers. Fred.

@maddog, I think it's a bit out of line to accuse Fred of lying to us just to get more DLC! I understand the rabies must make things difficult for you.@fred - I just want one good plane. The Vans sounds like the pick from the first bunch. Mildly interested in the Maule. The exterior only P51 and the flying car thing - well, if it gets the gamers on board, then ok, i guess...@everyone - it's not FS11...its not FS11...it's not FS11. Repeat that a couple of times. So...what CAN it become?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

So help me out gentlepersons, I'm a private pilot based in central Ohio, and I like flying imaginary flights from my home base to new airports. Then I often go out and fly them for real. So my questions would be:1. I fly a Cessna 172. Is that going to be available in the new game?2. I'm seeing nothing except Hawaii - will Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina be offered? If so, when?I may buy this just as a "game" - I really liked Crimson Skies. But if it's not going to have geography where I actually fly, and the plane I actually use, I sure am not going to dump loads of money into this.Scott

1. Maybe some day, but not on March 1st.2. See #1.

People will really be let down by the "graphics" that are shown on all previews and videos....As those are all primped up, and made to look good. It is I would say a step up from default FSX, and a couple lower than ORBX...about the only thing nicer is the shore lines.....but hell, they had to do a good job on that, as they stuck everyone on a island at the start...lol.

Orbx is nonetheless constrained to the FSX engine. No matter what they do, they will not magically come up with things beyond the capability of FSX. And that is clearly apparent in their scenery. Their landclass is a step up from FSX default but still looks unpolished. As soon as you turn up their autogen, it will drag down your rig to beyond unplayable level. The funny thing is, their idea is that their scenery is designed for computer of future. The only problem is, the FSX engine will be outdated by then. Unless LM radically improves the core of P3D, it won't move forward much.

Edited by sibtiger

Wow these prices are a joke. LOL $15 for the maul. Glad to see they are making some money off of updated FSX stuff. I am now 100% sure I am not touching it past the free demo. Why not spend that money on a real P-51 for FSX that has a cockpit..... http://www.warbirdsim.com/Keep dreamning people Flight is nothing but a game and will never be anything more.

Edited by UtahJazzfan8

Wow these prices are a joke. I am now 100% sure I am not touching it past the free demo. Why not spend that money on a real P-51 for FSX that has a cockpit..... http://www.warbirdsim.com/
Yeah right, £24.95, that is USD40.
Keep dreamning people Flight is nothing but a game and will never be anything more.
So was all previous FS versions, all classified as game. Edited by sibtiger

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.