Sign in to follow this  

DLC more expensive then I hoped

So... buying 800 costs MORE than buying 2 X 400... etc..? Clearly, buying blocks of 400 is the way to go... jeeez...
If you bought 2x400 it would cost you 9.98 vs 9.99If you bought 4x400 it would cost you 19.96 vs 19.99If you bought 10X400 it would cost you 49.99 vs 49.99If you bought 15x400 it would cost you 74.85 vs 74.99No one said that you can make multiple points purchases in one transaction so if you want the 6000 point savings then you would have to make 15 complete 400 point transactions. Are you going to do all of that just to save 14 cents? Think of point purchases like purchasing a gift card.Todd Edited by TPerson

CLEARLY Microsoft is trying to rip everyone off of that 1 penny. HOW DARE MICROSOFT! RABLE RABLE RABLE!
I'm just glad I was able to blow the lid off this outrage... Where's Mike Wallace when we need him?

I've been trying to cover FSX Hawaii with photoscenery - megascenery, Newport. Probably spent $60 and still two isalnds missing. Add in the FS dreamteam airports and I must be over $100. So will I spend 20 bucks for Hawaii coverage if they throw in a plane and a new tech sim for free? What do you think!As for whether it will be a business success - that's Microsoft's field. When I make my first billion I'll start giving them free marketing advice, for now i'll just fly :)What I think flight needs is a bit of community support. All of hawaii and some nice aircraft is certainly a big enough playground to keep me happy for a bit. What we need to do is engage and start pushing MS towards more sim-type DLC.

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

If you bought 2x400 it would cost you 9.98 vs 9.99If you bought 4x400 it would cost you 19.96 vs 19.99If you bought 10X400 it would cost you 49.99 vs 49.99If you bought 15x400 it would cost you 74.85 vs 74.99Is that really a ripoff? Geez man!Todd
It's not really a ripoff, but tell me you don't USUALLY expect to get a discount, if even just a small one, when you purchase larger blocks of an item?

It's not really a ripoff, but tell me you don't USUALLY expect to get a discount, if even just a small one, when you purchase larger blocks of an item?
Re-read my edited post.

Quite often you can buy the Points from a retail outlet or online from Amazon, eBay, etc. for some discounting...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Way too expensive. Hawaii and a few props for the same price as FSX... I'm flabbergasted!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

This is more like forex. There's a fixed exchange rate. They're just slightly rounding the purchase prices, hence the 2 cent loss you're exposed to. I think I can live with that, but if you want to do multiple small transactions to save 10 cents...it's cool.

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

This is more like forex. There's a fixed exchange rate. They're just slightly rounding the purchase prices, hence the 2 cent loss you're exposed to. I think I can live with that, but if you want to do multiple small transactions to save 10 cents...it's cool.
You've clearly never been shopping with my wife... :wink:But my point is still this, if I buy 400 at $4.99... I might expect to buy 2000 at $19.99 - $22.99 or thereabouts... Am I the only one that thinks this way?

Brand new platform?FLIGHT is downgraded FSX Code!!Thats the reason why it runs so smooth...They just added 3 new aircraft and pimped the Maule from FSX.Scenery? Same from FSX, just changed landclass,mesh, texture and landmarks.
Wrong on every level.

Brandon Filer

But my point is still this, if I buy 400 at $4.99... I might expect to buy 2000 at $19.99 - $22.99 or thereabouts...Am I the only one that thinks this way?
Think of it as a gift card... a 25$ giftcard costs $25... a 100$ giftcard costs $100... not that complicated...
Way too expensive. Hawaii and a few props for the same price as FSX... I'm flabbergasted!
Well that is one man's opinion ^_^I paid $79 for FSX when it first came out, + another $49 for the Acceleration packagea couple of years later + 100's of $ for add ons..I'd suggest we pay the rather modest price for Hawaii and either the Maule or the RV7and start asking MS for the next item we would like to see.. Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Yes bert, i'm with you as per my earlier post.C'mon guys - 20 bucks for the full Hawaii sim, add the Vans and give it a go as a GA sim. People keep saying the flight model is improved. It might actually be pretty good.FSX gives you the 'world', but look at australia, africa etc. it's rubbish. I've spent a lot of money and a fair bit of time flying the Hawaian islands in FSX. It's great for GA (Dillingham, anyone?). I'm not going to be uninstalling FSX or throwing out the ngx simpit I've been building. Just looking as this as another option for simflight.

Oz

Im going to avoid the P-51 myself, but if you think the Maule is just the standard FSX one your wrong in every possible way.
+1on a side note when i got tired of FS98 i went out and start it to work on my PPL till today that i flight for southwest .i dont see how anyone can expect to have a world with more detail for 50$ again... Edited by rtodepart

Image removed as image is no longer available.

@ Rob.If you enjoy flying GA in Hawaii, you are simply going to LOVE Flight.I have been flying around the islands in the RV-6 for the last 2 weeks and it is amazing.This is years ahead of FSX in every way.Enjoy !Fred.

Edited by RYR738

Just an FYI. Big stores like Target and Walmost often have sales on MS Point Cards. I have seen the 1600 point card ($20) for as little as 12.99, so if you look around, you can save quite a bit of money. Keep an eye in your local papers for deals. I see them all the time.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.