Sign in to follow this  

DLC more expensive then I hoped

For people who only fly around in a spacific area, its a great deal. I have paid well over $100 just to fly in the PNW with OrbX stuff (FTX PNW, 3W5, and 1 aircraft), and thats all I fly. If Flight does a PNW DLC for $20 and have some nice amphib's, I will jump on it in an instant. Right now Flight is great for bush pilots. Big iron fans will need to wait a bit.

Edited by MVGibbage

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

The Hawaii islands are OrbX level, and you also get a RV-6 thats as good as any 3rd party add-on. Considering I paid more then that just for a single airport, I would say its a good value.
+ 1Having the RV-6 and flying all the islands ( which have incredible detail) is well worth the money.I have been doing just that for the last few weeks and love it.Fred.

Someone calculated like 6,000,000.00 dollars :) .000315/sq ft or something like that. The 20.00 is for the ADITIONAL islands because the big island is free.
You're not just paying for the additional 7-island scenery, you're also paying for the the Vans RV-6A aircraft . . . which is as good as the $15 Maule (in my opinion). Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Prepare to watch Microsoft do what they do best. Failing
Then why are you still running Windows? :(

I think the pricing is reasonable for launch day. Another nice feature of DLC is that it can go on sale. So, MS will capture full-price buyers and later capture hold-outs by offering a lower price (or maybe bundling this item with another item at a discount).Seriously, a modern flight simulator core engine, a few planes, 20+ missions, and a very high quality scenery area for twenty bucks? That's an easy decision for me. I paid a lot more than that for Flight Unlimited. I understand the disappointment for those who wanted the whole world + ATC + jets available on day 1, but not just yet. Right now Microsoft, consistent with their marketing, is shooting for new blood. The time for more advanced features will come, but they have a whole new group of pilots to train before overwhelming them with stuff they won't understand.

Edited by Rush1169

You're not just paying for the additional 7-island scenery, you're also paying for the the Vans RV-6A aircraft . . . which is as good as the $16 Maule (in my opinion).
LOL. I admire your fight.Where does the Maul fit into all this? Edited by Barnstormer1

So if the whole of Hawaii is $20 (US) how much then for the whole world :(... ?
Figure it this way. One state (Hawaii) is $20. Later, there will be a Southern California Expansion pack - LA and environs - maybe another $10-$15. And a Northern California pack with the City By The Bay and Alcatraz. Another $10. Then a Pacific Northwest pack with Seattle and Vancouver. Maybe another $10. Let's not forget Alaska with its beautiful bush flying environment. Another $10. How about New York? Package that one as the New England States for another $10. Washington DC with all that detailed rendering of the federal buildings, plus some surrounding mid-Atlantic states thrown in, another $10.You get the picture. Now calculate for yourself how much the world will cost.They could even offer low cost specials. Like Easter Island (its only 63 square miles). Base island pack is free, and you pay $1 per moai that you want on the island.

LOL. I admire your fight.Where does the Maul fit into all this?
Didn't you read the first post in this thread? The Maule M-7-260C will be available as DLC for 1200 Microsoft Points ($15), and the RV-6A is included with the $20 Hawaiian pak.I'm not "fighting" . . . I'm trying to clarify things here. And I happen to love flying the RV-6A (I also have the Maule). Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

I very much doubt that there will be high detail like Hawaii in areas larger than Hawaii. You have to consider that there is only one major city, Honolulu and everything else is rather small and dotting the coast line. The rest of the islands are basically trees and old lava flows.

I like the economic model and see every reason for it to be an outstanding and defining success. I really have no intention of buying the Ivory Coast or Ukraine airports anytime soon anyway, so what in the world (pun intended) do I want with 25,000 airports anyway?My ORBX scenery and addon Airdraft cost thousands for FSX. At these prices, having everything I want will cost far, far less. Besides, until anyone has flown FLIGHT and see the magic for themselves it is ridiculous for them to compare it with the earlier outdated versions.Don't believe me? Just wait.Kind regards,

The problem has, new "blood" like Flight and comming to ours communities, but surprise....... no mouse or gamepads.... flight procedures and no coins, biggers manuals and "bored" civilian flight, these new buyers to see the reality of actual flight escape of us like the plague.Quite possibly consider us for not worshiping misfits flight MS and, of course, some put to Flight as the future, but MS is only going for one thing, sales and sincerametne someone is going to believe that will sell enough to reach a faithfully airliner modeling? an ATC and Traffic? when I see it I'll believe, as I only see a marketing campaign and many dark spots that nobody wants to comment.

Edited by minoslas

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

I like the economic model and see every reason for it to be an outstanding and defining success. I really have no intention of buying the Ivory Coast or Ukraine airports anytime soon anyway, so what in the world (pun intended) do I want with 25,000 airports anyway?My ORBX scenery and addon Airdraft cost thousands for FSX. At these prices, having everything I want will cost far, far less. Besides, until anyone has flown FLIGHT and see the magic for themselves it is ridiculous for them to compare it with the earlier outdated versions.Don't believe me? Just wait.Kind regards,
Well put Stephen.Fred. Edited by RYR738

Guest HowardHughes
You get the Flight core, which includes the Big Island of Hawaii, the Icon and the Stearman for FREE.For $20 more, you get the other 7 main islands in the Hawaiian chain [over 300 nautical miles in length] AND the the Vans RV-6A aircraft. Seems pretty reasonable to me. Most new games now cost $60.
And they have vastly more content. To the order of a 100 times.I'm not sure how you can say that paying £16 for an area the size and 'quality' of the Hawiaan chain is good value. In fact I'd say it's horrendous value.To replicate the 24 default aircraft of FSX Deluxe you'd have to spend £264.Sill sound like good value?

And they have vastly more content. To the order of a 100 times.I'm not sure how you can say that paying £16 for an area the size and 'quality' of the Hawiaan chain is good value. In fact I'd say it's horrendous value.To replicate the 24 default aircraft of FSX Deluxe you'd have to spend £264.Sill sound like good value?
NOPE

To be honest at the moment the price is pretty good, cheaper than 1 PMDG aircraft. I'll hold off, not that interested in GA flying, the missions were fun for a while (Beta), but mah, I'll wait and see what it becomes.

Ian R Tyldesley

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.