Sign in to follow this  
Reason

Your opinion about Level D 767

Asking about opinions of the LDS767 for simming is like asking opinions about air for breathing. It's a must have rite of passage for any serious airliner geek. And don't worry, the total LDS767 experience transcends time - like fs9 itself, it's a masterpiece to this day.

Edited by MarkRey

Regards,

Mark

One of the best aircraft I invested in. Flies like a charm, updated to winglets, you can't go wrong. From TO to Landing you will enjoy the thill of the B767. Like the leonardo MD, you will enjoy the systems simulations.

Edited by Bigmack

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Wow okay, I double checked I didn't post this in level d forum lol.Sorry for the late reply thou.I am now pretty sure what I'm going to do minutes from now :). Thank you for the inputs folks. They've been very encouraging. If it is that good, perhaps they should also accept refund in case there are few unsatisfied buyers, like iFly did..iFly had huuugee confidence that they would sell quality (they did). Just an idea.Thanx again.

Half my VA's flights are in her and I Liked it so well in FS9 had to get it for FSX and will get it for................... Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooah!

Edited by Barnstormer1

One of the best FS9/X planes available systems wise. The VC panel looks very nice but the overhead is flat and the textures are a bit dated.

In my opinion, both in FS9 and FSX< the LDS767 has a visually dated VC, but in all other aspects is one of the few airliners where everything comes together so well, that it will be always a pleasure to fly, no matter how dated the internal visuals might be. I still seriously think this is one of the best aircraft created for MSFS. It just "feels good", ya know? Sort of hard to explain why exactly it is and will always be one of my favorites, but everything about it "just works".

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Level-d 767 is one of the best add-on ever produced. Its only default is to be slightly out-dated, from a visual standpoint. Apart from that, no bug, perfect modelling of FMC and systems, very good FDE, plenty of liveries, support, etc...Ghiom
There are updated textures here on Avsim that make the VC look quite nice.The Level-D 767 is one of the classic add-ons for FS9 that all but perfect in every way. This add-on is the God Father of what we have today. Without the advances of the Level-D 767 over the years we wouldn't have the modern FSX offerings we have. What I mean hear is the Level-D 767 was a trail blazer. It was the first add-on to offer a true representation of what an actual cockpit sounds like from the inside. Before this add-ons sounds were created as if one was sitting in the passengers seat over the wings. Before the FS9 version back in the days of FS98 it was the first add-on who's 2D panel was the most realistic offering one could get for an aircraft. In the days of FS2000 it was called 'Pilot in Command' and featured for the first time in FS's history detailed airliner failure modeling. The only reason we didn't see a version for FS2k2 was Eric Ernst the brainchild of the add-on (American Airlines S340, B757/767 Captain) was troubled his add-on for FS2000 helped the terrorist in the 9/11 attacks. Luckily he got over that and we have the version we have now for FS9. This add-on has allot of history... Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I use the LDS767 with my FDS CDU and CPFlight MCP & EFIS with no problems. I can do my auto landings flawlessly and the hardware integrates well, which may not the case with some of the newer aircraft!

now i feel like flying my 767!!!!!

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Just bought this bird the other day, and for its age the systems and everything about this aircraft is beautiful.One thing ive found with it though is the Autopilot cannot handle turbulence. The two flights ive had, ive had moderate turbulence in the lower half of the descent, and it hasnt been able to maintain 250kts, it has kept increasing until, in case of the first flight, i took over using V/S. Even then it couldnt handle it. I input a vertical descent rate of 1100fpm which it should have easily maintained, yet couldnt. The second flight i had to manually take control of the aircraft to bring the speed back under control.Does anyone else experience this?

Just bought this bird the other day, and for its age the systems and everything about this aircraft is beautiful.One thing ive found with it though is the Autopilot cannot handle turbulence. The two flights ive had, ive had moderate turbulence in the lower half of the descent, and it hasnt been able to maintain 250kts, it has kept increasing until, in case of the first flight, i took over using V/S. Even then it couldnt handle it. I input a vertical descent rate of 1100fpm which it should have easily maintained, yet couldnt. The second flight i had to manually take control of the aircraft to bring the speed back under control.Does anyone else experience this?
Yes, and off the top of my head I'd say 'welcome to reality' :) Don't be fooled by easy to slow flight models - most airliners in real life are slippery beasts requiring proper descent planning/execution to manage all that inertia and speed. Lots of tips at the LDS forum.

Regards,

Mark