Sign in to follow this  
Guest HBTurley

BEWARE OF FACEBOOK FAN PAGE

My Mom taught me "if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all" - perhaps my Mom is monitoring the Facebook page.

My Mom taught me "if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all" - perhaps my Mom is monitoring the Facebook page.
Hahaha is your mom also working for Orbx..... Edited by alainneedle1

Beware of what you have to say on the official MS Facebook fan page ( http://www.facebook....com/#!/msflight )If what you say isn't positive, they will delete your comment and block you from posting. So, unless you have something good to say, don't waste your time.I posted a comment to their claim that they have "resurrected" this title. I disagree; FLIGHT is not a resurrection of Flight Simulator, FS never died, they aren't resurrecting anything.So because I said that, they deleted the comment and now I can no longer post any comments. Thats a hellova way to treat their beta testers. As long as we express "their" viewpoint, then I guess its okay.
Here we are !Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Guest russellbdavis

Because then would be no comments left ;-)
HAHA!

Beware of what you have to say on the official MS Facebook fan page ( http://www.facebook....com/#!/msflight )If what you say isn't positive, they will delete your comment and block you from posting. So, unless you have something good to say, don't waste your time.
If you post something on my Facebook page which I don't like, I'll delete it too. You can call it censorship, or whatever you want, but you have to accept that they control what is on thier own page. I'm sure no one is surprised by this.You could always post your comments on your own page. I'm sure Microsoft can't delete those.

If you post something on my Facebook page which I don't like, I'll delete it too. You can call it censorship, or whatever you want, but you have to accept that they control what is on thier own page. I'm sure no one is surprised by this.You could always post your comments on your own page. I'm sure Microsoft can't delete those.
Its still totally pathetic for a game publisher to do, constructive and proper criticism should not be censored.At least respectable game developers I have seen do not do that kind of total censorship, though on the other hand they do not get that much hate mail as their products generally are good. Edited by FScamp

l think Orbx is working for Microsoft LOL
Wish that would be true

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Beware of what you have to say on the official MS Facebook fan page ( http://www.facebook....com/#!/msflight )If what you say isn't positive, they will delete your comment and block you from posting. So, unless you have something good to say, don't waste your time.I posted a comment to their claim that they have "resurrected" this title. I disagree; FLIGHT is not a resurrection of Flight Simulator, FS never died, they aren't resurrecting anything.So because I said that, they deleted the comment and now I can no longer post any comments. Thats a hellova way to treat their beta testers. As long as we express "their" viewpoint, then I guess its okay.
As the release date comes closer MS " Marketing " dept is of course intensifying its activity and the censure is part of the strategy. Typical MS strategy BTW.MS stated that Flight DLC development will be based on first months of Flight Live statistic and DLC results.If Flight DLC will sell enough there will be room for developing. Of course if Flight DLCs won't be blockbusting the DLC development will finish sooner rather than later.I bet that within the end of the year MS will close Flight DLC developing due to the above mentioned reasons.

I just checked the fan page and looks like they removed the entire article now. It's no longer there.
It's still there. It now contains 89 comments, of which 99% are negative and/or abusive. So hardly any censorship going on. Unless ofcourse people post really nasty comments...

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Guest russellbdavis
It's still there. It now contains 89 comments, of which 99% are negative and/or abusive. So hardly any censorship going on. Unless ofcourse people post really nasty comments...
That's what I don't get, my comment was pretty tame compared to some. Oh well. Maybe the guy just happen to be looking when I posted my comment. Edited by russellbdavis

Maybe, just maybe, Microsoft thought your comment was trivial and pointless. After all it was the Seattle Times, not Microsoft, that used the word resurrection and you should have taken it up with them..

At least their youtube videos have lots of censorship. Just compare its visible comments to videos on non official channel, and you will see very big difference in negativity rate.

Guest russellbdavis

But this statement from that article drives home the point I was making;"I like to think this is both about reimagining a franchise that we know has always been successful"I agree with that statement, Flight Simulator has always been successful.

Edited by russellbdavis

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.