Sign in to follow this  
Guest HBTurley

BEWARE OF FACEBOOK FAN PAGE

Guest russellbdavis

Beware of what you have to say on the official MS Facebook fan page ( http://www.facebook.com/#!/msflight )If what you say isn't positive, they will delete your comment and block you from posting. So, unless you have something good to say, don't waste your time.I posted a comment to their claim that they have "resurrected" this title. I disagree; FLIGHT is not a resurrection of Flight Simulator, FS never died, they aren't resurrecting anything.So because I said that, they deleted the comment and now I can no longer post any comments. Thats a hellova way to treat their beta testers. As long as we express "their" viewpoint, then I guess its okay.

Weird. Seems most comments are negative towards their product and have been for quite some time and they've allowed those posts to stay. Heck, they're even allowing posts that promote competing products to stay on their wall. Wonder why they only delete some negative posts, but not all. Weird indeed. Thank you for the all caps warning.

Edited by Rush1169

I disagree; FLIGHT is not a resurrection of Flight Simulator, FS never died, they aren't resurrecting anything.
I'm sure your comment was not as clean as it appears here.

I'm sure your comment was not as clean as it appears here.
That's what I believe. I don't think he's being completely honest with us :(

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

It's their "trainset" and it is, after all, supposed to be a "FAN" page... Some of those comments are definitely unworthy of the posters.

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

Remember everyone, we are all to LOVE, support, agree with, welcome, hold hands, and spend quality time with all of this.

Russell?Are you sure you responded that way, or might you have been a little bit 'blue' with your comment?C'mon now... you can tell us!! blum.gifIt would not surprise me that MS might be trying to insulate themselves from some of the negative comments is all.Again, my insignificant opinion...

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Guest russellbdavis

come on guys, I know better than that. :-) I didn't use any profanity or anthing.It was a post in response ot the Seattle Times article title "MIcrosoft rebooting Franchise"Here is the exact statement I read from the article (Feb. 8, 2012).Microsoft is resurrecting one of its oldest franchises, "Flight Simulator," with an entirely new game called "Microsoft Flight" that's debuting on Feb. 29.And all I said was this;"Resurrecting? Flight Simulator has been alive and well for over 25 years. This is nothing new."That was it...I just checked the fan page and looks like they removed the entire article now. It's no longer there.Here is a link to that article:http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/technologybrierdudleysblog/2017460350_qa_microsoft_flight_boss_on.html?cmpid=2628

Edited by russellbdavis

It's true, I made some remarks that were not profane in any manner, nor hostile and the post was not allowed. MS is involved in serious damage control over the comments left on Facebook and Youtube.

Remember everyone, we are all to LOVE, support, agree with, welcome, hold hands, and spend quality time with all of this
Just not feeling the LOVE at the moment>
I just checked the fan page and looks like they removed the entire article now. It's no longer there.
LOL Edited by Barnstormer1

.Wonder why they only delete some negative posts, but not all.
Because then would be no comments left ;-)

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Cowardly, but how long could one honestly expect them to take all the bashing. Damage control was in order, but it probably came too late...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

It's their "trainset" and it is
Nah, can't be a "trainset". That was cancelled in 2009! :)

Nah, can't be a "trainset". That was cancelled in 2009! :)
Ouch... :(As far as MS kicking bad press off their fan page... The first commandment, remember?1. Thou shalt worship no DOS but the one DOS and Emmess shall be his name.

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.