Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

ENB Series...should I take the plunge?!

Hi fellow NGXers,just wanted to enquire from those of you who are already using ENB Series with the NGX....1. is it worth it in terms of visual quality vs FPS?2. Which version do you run/would you recommend?3. Can you share your settings?Much appreciated.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

I was always getting directx related crashes with it until I uninstalled it. Now I am crash free, for me it is not worth it!David Di Domizio

Black screens !!!! not for me go for shade program.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

I have it and love it. It do cost me 5fps in average but it is worth it. Search for dustowizer video on youtube to see the effect.99.9% Crash free here . 0.1% crash during continuing replays /Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

As previously mentioned, great for screenshot taking, but it was giving me crashes as well (and I have a fairly un-modified FSX.CFG file). It was designed for consoles, so it is not a wonder that it does not work 100% for FSX. But the price is good, so try it, and if you are crash free, then keep it.

I started using it this week. I've had CTD a few times, and usually related to more complex aircraft and when it is necessary to redraw the entire screen (replays, access other programs and return to FSX, etc).What I try to do to reduce the CTD is to start with the default aircraft, then start all the programs needed (RC4, for example) and then carry the NGX. This has worked 99% of the time.I found some tips on searching this problem in forums, and if I'm not mistaken, Turbine777 gave a good explanation of why so many CTD in the REX forum.Yesterday I made a flight using the ENB, which can be seen here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL_DWdDprb0I liked the graphics, and I will continue using. Unless TDC become very common. What I hope not.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

I ran it all the time till I got the NGX. When I run it with the NGX as soon as I load it into the sim I loose all AA. Now after running FSX without ENB I can say I really miss it all that much. Sure I did for the first few flights without it but not anymore. I read where a few others had the same problem as me but never found any solution to fix it. I say try it and if it works for you then continue to do so.Jim

Jim Wenham

I was a big fan of ENB: it was great for adding light to the FSX world when flying VFR. However, I've grown tired of the bloom effect. It's too much, and when I tone it down, I might as well not use it. I don't like the heavy darkening effect a lof of ENB-users seem to love. I never used ENB when flying the NGX because the bloom makes everything fuzzy. I know have a sky textures which sort of gives the impression of light on the horizon (no clear horizon) and that's enough for me. I like things sharp. :wink:BTW Someone said you should get Shade instead. However Shade has nothing in common with ENB. They are totally different programs. The fact that they both can make the FSX world darker doesn't mean they do the same or that one can replace the other.

I started using it this week. I've had CTD a few times, and usually related to more complex aircraft and when it is necessary to redraw the entire screen (replays, access other programs and return to FSX, etc).What I try to do to reduce the CTD is to start with the default aircraft, then start all the programs needed (RC4, for example) and then carry the NGX. This has worked 99% of the time.I found some tips on searching this problem in forums, and if I'm not mistaken, Turbine777 gave a good explanation of why so many CTD in the REX forum.Yesterday I made a flight using the ENB, which can be seen here:

I liked the graphics, and I will continue using. Unless TDC become very common. What I hope not.
Nice video. But why do you have your strobes on at the gate? The Red Beacon should be used anytime the engines are running or the AC is moving, strobes from runway entry at takeoff to runway exit after landing. Speaking of takeoff, if you rotate that fast in the -800/900, you'll have a tailstrike.But very nice landing! And nice graphics too. Good video! ENB isn't for me though....

The CTD's associated with using ENB Series are random and uncontrollable. I've heard that using very old drivers (180.xx) can solve the issues. It didn't for me...If anyone is interested in a stable bloom program that has more potential and is easier to use with a simple UI, use FXAA. --Nvidia cards only--http://www.assembla....inject/documentUse the latest one. Beware that image IQ may be effected negatively. Srdan Word Not Allowed showed screenies that prove AA quality was slightly lost when using FXAA injection. This loss of IQ can be remedied by tweaking the FXAA UI settings, and I'm confident when I say I've got it up and running with no IQ loss. Also, FPS are not effected at all.I'd hate for my post to be lost with that video critique.2012-2-6_17-18-40-748.jpg

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I use it. It makes everything look a bit better. Haven't had any issues with it so far, using it since October '11.

Care to share your settings. I'm using default ones, but they are too bright. And it's a bit silly when I can see everything clearly in the night. At the moment I'm in search of perfect *.ini file for ENB. Tried one they got on AOA, but it doesn't work...